So I just beat Arkham Asylum, how does Arkham City compare to it?

#1SIvIart_USMCPosted 4/24/2012 11:16:42 AM
I loved Asylum so much, is it more of the same? Better? Worse? No spoilers please.
---
BOOM!
Like a boss.
#2gamecube101Posted 4/24/2012 11:41:03 AM
Worse story, easier combat, much better world and immersion, and longer if you go for sidequests/ riddler trophies. They're both great games really.
#3EtroAnimePosted 4/24/2012 12:56:49 PM
I haven't beaten it yet but I wouldn't say the story seems worse IMO, I will say the pacing is different. As for combat I love it it is very similar to Arkham Asylum's combat but it flows much better, also in this game Rocksteady manage to have Batman's gadget attacks easier to pull off in battle making combat and combos very rewarding. Example would be: Counter a thug, punch and kick a few other, throw a batarang a few more thugs, drop a quick explosive gel, detonate it, and get back to fighting with all that keeping your combo meter going.

So, if you loved Arkham Asylum you will love Arkham City.
---
Waiting for: The Last Story & Ni no Kuni: Wrath of the White Witch
#4Destined4GreatnPosted 4/24/2012 12:58:44 PM
Its better in some regards. I feel the story is inferior. But its so close if you liked Asylum you will like City for sure.
---
I'm normally not a praying man, but if you're up there, please save me Superman.
#5zado19Posted 4/24/2012 2:53:09 PM
i thought the story on this was great, this game is simply an upgrade of the last. they are really two top-tier games
---
Pokemon Black FC: 1721-5509-3523
#6Destined4GreatnPosted 4/24/2012 3:30:58 PM
^ I would say it might just be the best 1-2 combo this generation of games.
---
I'm normally not a praying man, but if you're up there, please save me Superman.
#7SnuffSevenfoldXPosted 4/24/2012 4:25:26 PM
Gameplay is perfecting the Arkham Asylum formula, imo...
As for the story...I think it is alot better, but it could have been told a bit better. A good job of incorporating more of the bat-villains.
---
Jesus loves you. A nice thing to hear in church. A horrific thing to hear in a mexican prison.
#8NavexPosted 4/24/2012 5:52:47 PM
It's pretty much the same game but in a bigger environment. Of course, some things have been tweaked, there are more villains, and there is slightly more things to do upon beating the game but ultimately it's the same kinda game just in a bigger world.
---
"You can do anything you want in life. Unless Jay Leno wants to do it, too."
- Conan O'Brien
#9JackBauer0069Posted 4/24/2012 7:30:04 PM
Better story, bigger environment, more enemies
---
XBOX Live: Twojokes
#10gjwade22Posted 4/25/2012 5:50:09 AM
If you loved Asylum, you should love City even more. My friend got me hooked on Asylum in August, which made me go out and get a PS3. Shortly after beating that, I picked up City when it came out. As much as I enjoyed Asylum, I enjoyed City so much more. As stated before, they are both amazing games. Have fun!