Well, I just beat this for the first time (spoilers)

#11FredCat07Posted 7/13/2012 6:53:27 PM
Congratulation, now try beat it on New Game then Hard, afterward on Hard's New Game.
---
I used to writing a signature like you, till I took a bullet in the knuckle. ~Random signer.
#12Tempest of ShadowsPosted 7/14/2012 12:15:09 AM
I still don't really understand the point of AC, or at least how the hell it was passed. Was Mayor Sharp a straight monarch with absolute power?

Sharpe was a puppet for Strange, who is not above mind control and blackmail. It also helps that the major prison was mentioned as being destroyed in the previous game and the asylum was in terrible shape after that game's events as well.

I agree somewhat on the character overload. Some of the characters could have carried better storylines if the game wasn't so loaded down with others.

I would have dropped the whole Ras/Wonder City/Talia thing. I get that he wants to purge Gotham of crime, but the whole concept of creating Arkham City seems unnecessary. Why not just bomb AA while all the supervillains are inside, if that's what he was trying to accomplish.

Ra's wanted to wipe out crime, not just the supervillains. He wants the henchmen and petty thieves also.

And what's up with "killing" Joker and Strange? This kind of forces the Arkham series to be in its own little universe, which I'm not really a fan of. Sure they may have a way to bring Joker back or show it was a trick, but c'mon. Strange's death was pretty disappointing for me.

Eh, the series was always a unique universe. Killing off Joker or Strange isn't what makes it that. They've both "died" in the comics many times, only to reappear with little to no explanation the next time a writer wants to use them.
---
Fringes of Algo - Phantasy Star Community - http://www.psalgo.com/
#13FredCat07Posted 7/14/2012 5:31:25 AM
Tempest of Shadows posted...
And what's up with "killing" Joker and Strange? This kind of forces the Arkham series to be in its own little universe, which I'm not really a fan of. Sure they may have a way to bring Joker back or show it was a trick, but c'mon. Strange's death was pretty disappointing for me.

Eh, the series was always a unique universe. Killing off Joker or Strange isn't what makes it that. They've both "died" in the comics many times, only to reappear with little to no explanation the next time a writer wants to use them.

I don't exact recalled Joker being dead that many times... only ended up arrested and threw into jail often, only to escaping.
---
I used to writing a signature like you, till I took a bullet in the knuckle. ~Random signer.
#14oReloadPosted 7/14/2012 8:51:02 AM
FredCat07 posted...
Tempest of Shadows posted...

I don't exact recalled Joker being dead that many times... only ended up arrested and threw into jail often, only to escaping.

I'm pretty sure every single comic character except for TOA has died at least once.
---
PSN: TheWingmanPro
GT: Waleyy
#15Tempest of ShadowsPosted 7/14/2012 9:11:33 AM

That happens a lot also, but Joker has been in a lot of fatal situations over the years. Falling off cliffs, exploding helicopter crashes, gunshot wounds, electric chair, and others. In most cases no body was recovered, but the story was written in such a way that everyone (except maybe Batman) believed the clown was dead. He always shows up alive again later though, often with no explanation. In the cases where his body is recovered, like the gunshot wounds or electric chair, some fanciful concept like the Lazarus Pit is used to bring him back.
---
Fringes of Algo - Phantasy Star Community - http://www.psalgo.com/
#16Koelker12(Topic Creator)Posted 7/14/2012 12:34:13 PM
Was there any significance to shoving ClayFace into the Lazarus pit? (Or at least what I assume was a Lazarus pit, as Joker was about to jump into it. I wonder if they'll do something with that in a sequel?
---
http://roguereview.blogspot.com/