Best Batman Comic of All Time? (Possible Spoilers For Some)

#1ZechsPeacecraftPosted 1/1/2013 9:53:15 PM
Just re-read The Dark Knight Returns. I want to give the title to the Long Halloween, I almost need to, but I can't. The Dark Knight Returns is as close to perfect as you can get.

The way the media portrays everything is almost spot on realistic. The art is absolutely dirty and scrummy, just as it should, and the plot is divine. I love that the world rid them selves of super hero's; lets be honest, knowing some one out there can level cities if he wanted to scares me more than any safety he would bestow.

The best part (besides Batman obviously)? Superman. This is how you're supposed to do Superman. Most Superman comics focus too much on the Man of Steel. Instead of thinking how great Superman is, like they do in this book, most Superman comics make you unappreciative of what others can do. You get a much greater sense of how God like he is when you are experiencing it from a human perspective. Flying faster than a speeding bullet is no where near as impressive when you're the one doing the flying. For most of the comics you can just feel his presence, such as when all he is is a beam of speeding light flying through the city, minor earthquakes out the sound of his foot steps, heat lasers coming from the Heavens themselves. My favorite quote from the whole novel happens after Batman shoots Superman with the strongest weapon in his arsenal: "He gets directly hit, I think he might have felt it". Even Batman admits, "No one can make you do anything you don't want to do Clark". Utter Brilliance

This is perfection. I hope we get a game or movie exactly like this Bible of Batman.

What are your guys thoughts? What's you favorite? Why?
---
"It's the stronger that make the weaker"- Milliardo Peacecraft
#2lostoutlawnbPosted 1/2/2013 2:43:11 AM
I haven't read the comic yet, but by the way you described it, Im going to now.
I have seen the animated version, It and under the red hood are my favorite batman animated movies.
#3ZechsPeacecraft(Topic Creator)Posted 1/2/2013 2:59:03 AM
lostoutlawnb posted...
I have seen the animated version, It and under the red hood are my favorite batman animated movies.

Can't wait for part 2
---
#4lostoutlawnbPosted 1/2/2013 5:20:46 AM
ZechsPeacecraft posted...
lostoutlawnb posted...

Can't wait for part 2

me too January 24th I think
#5desi_shinobiPosted 1/2/2013 5:45:48 AM
There's a part 2 for Under The Red Hood animation?
---
PSN - desishinobi
XBL - Desi Shinobi
#6reignfire85Posted 1/2/2013 6:58:45 AM
They're talking about Dark Knight Returns, not Under the Red Hood.
---
(\__/) "It got up, and it danced away." -- Candace Flynn, Phineas & Ferb
(='.'=) Official Raichu of the B/W boards
#7rancid_custardPosted 1/2/2013 12:42:51 PM
i fade in and out, some days my favourite is the long Halloween, other times it's year one but today I'm giving it to the killing joke.
#8ZechsPeacecraft(Topic Creator)Posted 1/2/2013 6:39:12 PM
no tdkr love!?! Preposterous!!!!!!!!!
---
#9rancid_custardPosted 1/3/2013 10:40:58 AM
I lie, for today my favourite is Hush.
#10ZechsPeacecraft(Topic Creator)Posted 1/6/2013 1:27:30 PM
Dark Knight Returns, Part 2 is now available for Amazon Instant Video!!!
---