Best Batman Comic of All Time? (Possible Spoilers For Some)

#11reignfire85Posted 1/6/2013 9:02:45 PM
For reasons of mockery, the best Batman comic of all time is Batman: Odyssey, by Neal Adams (art and story).

It takes everything you think you knew about Batman, puts goofy art on it, and has writing so atrocious that it's always confused with drunken rambling from an AOL chatroom.

But if you want a well-written Batman comic for an answer, then I don't have one. I've not read enough of them, and therefore can't propose an answer for such a question. Pick and choose your own favorite, is my philosophy.
---
(\__/) "It got up, and it danced away." -- Candace Flynn, Phineas & Ferb
(='.'=) Official Raichu of the B/W boards
#12ZechsPeacecraft(Topic Creator)Posted 1/7/2013 3:15:27 PM
Anyone who hasn't seen part two needs to do themselves a favor and go watch that movie. Incredible.
---
"It's the stronger that make the weaker"- Milliardo Peacecraft
#13RedArchangel20Posted 1/8/2013 1:29:20 AM
TDKR is great. It's a shame Frank Miller is terrible and couldn't ever match its greatness.
---
Most beautiful woman in the world: http://i.imgur.com/J7GpU.jpg
Kiss the rings. http://media.tumblr.com/tumblr_lyzpf1y3cy1qf6y79.gif
#14ZechsPeacecraft(Topic Creator)Posted 1/8/2013 1:47:45 PM
RedArchangel20 posted...
TDKR is great. It's a shame Frank Miller is terrible and couldn't ever match its greatness.

I'm kinda confused by what you're saying here.

Year One is amazing, as is Watchmen (really TDKR is the same story). People really like his earlier work.
---
#15Game WeaselPosted 1/14/2013 5:05:13 PM
ZechsPeacecraft posted...
RedArchangel20 posted...

Year One is amazing, as is Watchmen (really TDKR is the same story). People really like his earlier work.

I think he's referring to Miller as he is today, as a strange parody of his own former-self, satirically (and poorly) mocking his own creations in his current stories.

As to best Bat comic of all time, I'd say it really comes down to personal perspective. There have been so many great stories and so many different interpretations that I doubt you could get a whole group to agree on any one particular story being the definitive End-All Be-All bat book.
Personally, my favorite is The Long Halloween, with an honorable mention to Dark Victory for showing the rise of the super villains after the fall of The Roman's crime family.
---
"If any super villain had a can of RAID near the beginning of Marvel comics first steps, our entire hero line up could've been wiped out!" -Stan Lee
#16ZechsPeacecraft(Topic Creator)Posted 1/14/2013 9:31:01 PM
Game Weasel posted...
RedArchangel20 posted...

I think he's referring to Miller as he is today, as a strange parody of his own former-self, satirically (and poorly) mocking his own creations in his current stories.

As to best Bat comic of all time, I'd say it really comes down to personal perspective. There have been so many great stories and so many different interpretations that I doubt you could get a whole group to agree on any one particular story being the definitive End-All Be-All bat book.
Personally, my favorite is The Long Halloween, with an honorable mention to Dark Victory for showing the rise of the super villains after the fall of The Roman's crime family.

O, after reading your take it seems obvious now.

And yeah the Long Halloween is easily a close second for me. Batman was just a menace in that. Great Great read for any fan of good story telling
---
#17ZechsPeacecraft(Topic Creator)Posted 1/17/2013 2:38:07 PM
Death of the Family is creeping up my list quite quickly
---
#18FelonySkate666Posted 1/20/2013 3:14:05 AM
RedArchangel20 posted...

Pssst... Frank Miller didn't write the Watchmen, Alan Moore did.

Miller is either amazing (TDKR and Year One) or so damn bad you wish he'd never write again (All Star Batman and Robin The Boy Wonder, and the atrocious Spirit movie). He really does not have a moderate setting.
---
... and Zeus screwed anything that moved. Or didn't move. His powers know no bounds.- Dahk1
#19ZechsPeacecraft(Topic Creator)Posted 1/20/2013 1:48:19 PM
FelonySkate666 posted...
RedArchangel20 posted...

Pssst... Frank Miller didn't write the Watchmen, Alan Moore did.

Miller is either amazing (TDKR and Year One) or so damn bad you wish he'd never write again (All Star Batman and Robin The Boy Wonder, and the atrocious Spirit movie). He really does not have a moderate setting.

Goes and hides in shame, should have known better
---