Takedown Combo for Shield Holders??

#1SpyMan007Posted 6/14/2012 11:35:39 AM
In the middle of a fight, how can you take down the shield guys without breaking the freeflow combo? Every time I do a stun stun and X it breaks the combo. I saw YouTube videos and they were taking them down in an even flow? I guess I never picked that up....so how can you do that?
---
"This city deserves a better class of criminal....and I'm gonna give it to em' "
#2eulbedocPosted 6/14/2012 11:59:52 AM
Aerial attack (circle, then X,X). This doesn't break Freeflow focus.
#3Chain_StrikePosted 6/14/2012 12:25:37 PM
areful batman's aerial attack can be interuppted (but not selina's). selina> batman.
---
The moment I stare into those Violent Violet Eyes is the worst day of my life, but for Juri it was a Saturday.
#4SpyMan007(Topic Creator)Posted 6/14/2012 12:28:37 PM
So what do you for Batman then to not break the attack?
---
"This city deserves a better class of criminal....and I'm gonna give it to em' "
#5nubs222Posted 6/14/2012 12:30:48 PM
I'd also like to ask a question. Can you not counter the shield guys? Is that why their counter icon is red?
---
MGO: The_Despair
PSN: The_Despair_
#6eulbedocPosted 6/14/2012 12:45:17 PM(edited)
Aerial attack (like Strike, Counter, Redirect, Evade x1, Stun, Ultra Stun, Ground Pound, Beatdown) does not break Freeflow focus.

Attacks with red warnings cannot be countered. Redirect or Evade to avoid getting hit by them.
Attacks with blue warnings can be countered.
Attacks with yellow warnings can be Dodged or instant KO'ed with Blade Dodge Takedown.
#7SpyMan007(Topic Creator)Posted 6/14/2012 12:52:51 PM
So what's the button combination for Batman to take down a shield bearing enemy and not break the freeflow combo?
---
#8eulbedocPosted 6/14/2012 1:19:01 PM
SpyMan007 posted...
So what's the button combination for Batman to take down a shield bearing enemy and not break the freeflow combo?

Reread my first post.
#9True RunePosted 6/14/2012 1:19:28 PM
SpyMan007 posted...

Disarm and Destroy..which is, I think Triangle, and....Square? I don't play the PS3 version, sorry if it's wrong.

or, like the second poster said, the aerial assault.
---
It took hundreds to kill me, but I killed humans by the THOUSANDS!!! Look at me!!! I am sublime!! I am the TRUE face of evil!!!
#10Blev08Posted 6/14/2012 1:49:34 PM(edited)
I actually have this problem too even when using Arial Assault . I'm guessing it probably has to do with doing an Arial Assault and then launching yourself off that into another enemy like the Riddler Achievement to do it 3 or 5 times which quite frankly is extremely difficult. Most of the time I end up losing my combo when Batman is halfway up the shield guy, so basically I just resort to breaking their shields with Square + Triangle or doing the Circle + Triangle instant takedown.