The Joker's fatal illness?

#1ReaperkenswolfPosted 4/8/2011 7:22:50 PM
Just read the sneak peek to the prequel comic for Arkham City. Joker narrates this pretty much just stating how Batman beat him at the end of Arkham Asylum. However, he mentions another little doosy. Apparently, the Titan formula screwed with his body and he is now slowly dying. Do you guys really think he's gonna die in Arkham City? Yes or No?
#2wwfbrawler781Posted 4/8/2011 7:41:28 PM
I'm gonna go with no for now, only because of what was said in the gameplay trailer. Of course if it's Hamill's last time Joker they could potentially kill him off, but that's not something I'd imagine Paul Dini (is he still writing this?) would want to do.
---
You're pretty good! (b='_' )b=
http://elitesmashhackers.files.wordpress.com/2010/02/final-falcon-punch-2.gif
#3RedHawk4Posted 4/8/2011 10:21:57 PM
I agree. I don't think Dini is willing to kill off the Joker. It will be interesting to see how the comics and the scene from the gameplay trailer can eventually mesh together though, and make sense...
#4SSJ_JinPosted 4/8/2011 11:17:36 PM
SPOILERS

In the newest trailer, Joker is seen walking toward the screen, smiling of course, and Batman says he was faking the whole time saying there is nothing wrong with him (Joker). Joker then says he (Batman) of all people should know there is something wrong with him.

So no, Joker will not die. Even without this trailer I think everyone knows Joker wouldn't die. And I don't mean that in a bad way. They're just not going to kill the Joker like that.
---
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C7KDXVEOqj8
http://antir.110mb.com
#5CommanderSteranPosted 4/9/2011 9:59:04 AM
Ever heard of Joker Immunity? Yeah, he's the trope namer for that.
---
PSN ID:Livingweapon
Alternate PSN: TheFpsNINJA
#6LsnakePosted 4/9/2011 12:01:11 PM
It would be a massive surprise if in fact, he did die. But I seriously doubt it. If anything, everything is just a joke, one that it may appear even Batman fell for based on the trailer.
---
-War. War has changed. (MGS4)
-War. War never changes. (Fallout)
#7SigmaSlashPosted 4/10/2011 1:40:04 AM
Joker: Haha, I'm perfectly fine!

*towards the end of the game*

Joker: *coughing up blood* Th-that's not funny...that's not... *dies*
---
"You'll live in constant fear of physical injury while she rhymes at you. So, it's pretty much like living with a rapper." - Me about Shantotto
#8GLADI_ATORPosted 4/10/2011 8:23:00 AM
yeah I wouldn't be surprised if Joker was faking, its Joker we're talking about. Trying to gets sympathy from someone, only to torture/kill/use later on. Yeah of course he'c gonna suffer side affects, that's a given, but I don't think they'll be fatal.
---
Noob Saibot
#9Fatt_FuzzPosted 4/10/2011 10:53:01 AM
CommanderSteran posted...
Ever heard of Joker Immunity? Yeah, he's the trope namer for that.

Batman Beyond
---
If you believe in The Doctor, have accepted him as Time Lord and savior, and are 100% proud of it, put this in your sig.
PSN: Blackatt66
#10grand_kaizerPosted 4/11/2011 2:28:34 AM
The fact that very few people are willing to believe Joker in itself makes it seem like the sort of thing that'd happen.

Hell, Joker himself'd make it happen just to prove you all wrong.
---
Twilight: One woman's struggle to choose between necrophilia and bestiality.
~The Official King Caelum of the Versus XIII boards~