Secret numbers station

#31lionhartwolfPosted 10/23/2011 7:28:31 PM(edited)
Arkham-City posted...
http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/981374-batman-arkham-city/60727689

Maybe someone can figure out how the third code is figured out, if it's legit.

well thats at least the 2nd answer to the same puzzle so at least 1 person is wrong. i'll check out this answer and see if i can make it fit. the other answer looks a little shady since there is way more letters than the cipher allows, and although its not impossible its highly improbable that it is correct and somebody could solve it just by looking at the numbers.

EDIT: im suppose to assume that "I AM YOUR WOST NIGHTMARE GOTHAM SAVIOR" is a typo?
#32ZeolahnPosted 10/23/2011 7:34:53 PM
Based on the hidden boat and how they sound, I think that they are from Scarecrow. Maybe not but that's how I'd take it.

And yeah found all three, figured out one on my own. Looked up the other, but it seems nobody can agree on the 3rd.
#33lionhartwolfPosted 10/23/2011 7:36:28 PM
lionhartwolf posted...
Arkham-City posted...
http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/981374-batman-arkham-city/60727689

Maybe someone can figure out how the third code is figured out, if it's legit.

well thats at least the 2nd answer to the same puzzle so at least 1 person is wrong. i'll check out this answer and see if i can make it fit. the other answer looks a little shady since there is way more letters than the cipher allows, and although its not impossible its highly improbable that it is correct and somebody could solve it just by looking at the numbers.

EDIT: im suppose to assume that "I AM YOUR WOST NIGHTMARE GOTHAM SAVIOR" is a typo?

ok well just by looking at it both given answers to that code have more letters than the actual numbers given in the cipher so they both pretty much have an equal chance of being correct. without getting some kind of decoding method neither of these can be confirmed. my personal opinion would lead me to believe that its most likely not correct since they all are generic statements and this is the only one that might actually single out the scarecrow. its more probable that somebody who really likes scarecrow tried to make this puzzle piece fit where it doesnt.
#34tabstisPosted 10/24/2011 1:07:29 PM
I'd bet that the messges could actually be from Strange himself. Batman has done him wrong and he does wish to be the city's savior.
---
No escape from Arkham City...
#35senselockePosted 10/28/2011 2:53:42 AM
Bump to not let this thread die.

Has anyone cracked the third code? The solutions here don't fit the number of letters at all.
---
I can has insomnia?
#36tragik00Posted 10/28/2011 7:05:52 AM
i posted on the cheats section of what the third one says but they haven't uploaded it. it says i am your worst nightmare dark knight. gotham waits for its savior.
---
psn:tragik1
xbl:tragik00
#37senselockePosted 10/28/2011 12:20:01 PM
tragik00 posted...
i posted on the cheats section of what the third one says but they haven't uploaded it. it says i am your worst nightmare dark knight. gotham waits for its savior.

3 20 26 18 26 16 24 1 11 4 24 9 3 8 5 2 12 18 6 16 7 11 3 10 17 5 13 4 21 8 == 30 letters

I AM YOUR WORST NIGHTMARE DARK KNIGHT == 31 letters

GOTHAMWAITSFORITSSAVIOR == 23 letters.

If the first is the solution, 3 = I, then the fourth-to-the-last letter would also be I, but the fourth to the last number is 13. In fact, none of the letters would line up if this cypher worked like the others.

If you'd care to show how you got that, I'd be more than willing to listen--I don't get this crap at all. But every other message had a one-to-one relation of letters to numbers, and your solution doesn't.
---
I can has insomnia?
#38lionhartwolfPosted 10/28/2011 3:28:46 PM
senselocke posted...
tragik00 posted...

3 20 26 18 26 16 24 1 11 4 24 9 3 8 5 2 12 18 6 16 7 11 3 10 17 5 13 4 21 8 == 30 letters

I AM YOUR WORST NIGHTMARE DARK KNIGHT == 31 letters

GOTHAMWAITSFORITSSAVIOR == 23 letters.

If the first is the solution, 3 = I, then the fourth-to-the-last letter would also be I, but the fourth to the last number is 13. In fact, none of the letters would line up if this cypher worked like the others.

If you'd care to show how you got that, I'd be more than willing to listen--I don't get this crap at all. But every other message had a one-to-one relation of letters to numbers, and your solution doesn't.

im pretty sure this was already debunked when the person who claimed solved it refused to answer how. unfortunately since there are no new leads people kind of accepted this as one of the possible 2 solutions (neither work) not enough people are interested in cracking the final code. if you have any new ideas i'd be glad to hear them because i've tried every known cipher that doesnt involve a key to decrypt and i got nothing.
#39senselockePosted 10/29/2011 10:53:01 AM
lionhartwolf posted...
im pretty sure this was already debunked when the person who claimed solved it refused to answer how. unfortunately since there are no new leads people kind of accepted this as one of the possible 2 solutions (neither work) not enough people are interested in cracking the final code. if you have any new ideas i'd be glad to hear them because i've tried every known cipher that doesnt involve a key to decrypt and i got nothing.

LOL, I'm clueless--I don't even know how you guys cracked the second one. I got the A=1, B=2 one and that's about the extent of my ability.
---
I can has insomnia?