Man-Bat

#21banzaiheilPosted 11/13/2011 1:46:00 AM
G-Scythe posted...
i've beaten the game 100%

Manbat doesn't make an appearance.

Well, I'm not saying that Man-Bat is in the game, but beating the game 100% doesn't necessarily mean anything. 100% completion has nothing to do with Calendar Man's stories, the pregnancy test, Scarecrow's radio messages, the Scarecrow boat, etc. Point is, it's not IMPOSSIBLE that there are some obscure conditions that make a Man-Bat "easter egg" appear.
---
PSN: BanzaiHeil
I got a karma-lost moderation for saying "Those."
#22hyliamanPosted 11/13/2011 7:34:33 AM
Just read up on the character.

He seems like he doesn't even want his condition, and has been actively looking to cure it, and has succeeded. He even became a crime fighter once he managed to control his man-bat personna shortly.

His last appearance apparently had him hand over the man-bat formula to Talia so she could have a bunch of man-bats in the league of assasins. Odd that it wasn't referenced here...

But, Arkham Asylum/City seems to be in sort of a continuity of it's own ( that's the problem with these american comics :/ too many inconsistencies. ) So it's possible Man Bat is just waiting for the right time. Maybe in the third game, if they make one.
---
You can look? This object... You crash your theory.
#23BaconatorHaterPosted 11/13/2011 7:57:06 AM

that's the problem with these american comics :/ too many inconsistencies

Implying that manga doesn't have inconsistencies
#24beyondbidj(Topic Creator)Posted 11/13/2011 9:18:12 PM
But there is a reference for him in game, right? I think in the carnival area, they say something like someone who thinks he is a bat. Of course we immediately assume that's Batman, but I like to think otherwise.

Also 100% doesn't mean much. Are the interview tapes included there? I mean you could get 100% and still miss Mayor Sharp's interview tape.
---
U.I.O.G.D.
#25grand_kaizerPosted 11/13/2011 9:58:32 PM
beyondbidj posted...
But there is a reference for him in game, right? I think in the carnival area, they say something like someone who thinks he is a bat. Of course we immediately assume that's Batman, but I like to think otherwise.

Also 100% doesn't mean much. Are the interview tapes included there? I mean you could get 100% and still miss Mayor Sharp's interview tape.

True, but 100% does unlock every bio of every character that makes a physical appearance in the game, and no Man-Bat makes it pretty clear he isn't in it. Besides that. 100% means you've unlocked every Arkham City Story, and a lot of these reference villains with no physical presence, like the Ventriloquist and Ratcatcher. Nothing about Man-Bat.

It's pretty clear Man-Bat doesn't get a mention at all. Whether things will stay that way is unknown right now. Maybe in the Arkhamverse (which is its own Batman canon separate from the others) Man-Bat hasn't even transformed yet.
---
http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/959557-fallout-new-vegas/60421043
You don't have to be a fan of Fallout, just a fan of a decent read.
#26DreKerrPosted 11/13/2011 10:58:50 PM
100% in Arkham Arkham didn't get you Sharp's plans for Arkham City. If it had a skeleton, it could've been a clipping glitch that launched a regular NPC thug sky high.
---
http://gamercards.playfire.com/_/psn/243359/0/5.png
#27hyliamanPosted 11/14/2011 12:33:17 AM
BaconatorHater posted...

At least they see things through to the end most of the time, and don't retcon something every few years. Their back-issues are also not that hard to get.
Also you don't have to read 80 different comics to completely keep track of the canon.
---
You can look? This object... You crash your theory.
#28brookhaven_hellPosted 11/14/2011 12:42:11 AM
hyliaman posted...
BaconatorHater posted...

At least they see things through to the end most of the time, and don't retcon something every few years. Their back-issues are also not that hard to get.
Also you don't have to read 80 different comics to completely keep track of the canon.

So true.. If anyone ever says that manga is better, they need to be removed from the chain of evolution..
---
message detail DVD? Is this a troll topic? You know World Of Warcraft is a game not a movie right? ~Saint35~
#29Catalyst_blackPosted 11/14/2011 12:43:50 AM
What's that got anything to do with the initial point of this topic?
---
PSN ID - Catalyst_Black
360 GT - Frostbite455931
#30banzaiheilPosted 11/14/2011 12:44:13 AM
hyliaman posted...
BaconatorHater posted...

I'd bet you and Junpei_Stupei would get along quite well.
---
PSN: BanzaiHeil
I got a karma-lost moderation for saying "Those."