I think I'm screwed at the Iceberg Lounge... (maybe spoilers?)

#1BandersnatchGoPosted 2/22/2012 8:35:53 AM
For point of reference, I'm just before the Mr. Freeze fight in terms of storyline. I've been running around Arkham City, taking out thugs and solving side missions and riddles. But there's two things in the Iceberg Lounge I'm missing, and I don't know if it's one of those things where, if you don't do it the first time around, the opportunity is gone later.

The first one is for the riddle, "How do you save yourself when it's raining bullets?" I'm seeing in some of the walkthroughs that there's supposed to be a cop in the lounge holding Penguin's umbrella that you have to scan, but now all the cops are in the front hall, and none of them seem to be holding an umbrella.

The second one is for the Disruptor upgrade that defuses mines. Again, it looks like I'm supposed to get the upgrade from a cop in the lounge, but they're all gone.

Can anyone either tell me what I'm doing wrong, or confirm that I've screwed myself over? If it helps, I'm going through the front entrance of the museum and going all the way through to get to the lounge, since the door directly into the Iceberg Lounge is locked and I haven't found another entrance besides the main one.
---
The proper order of things is sometimes a mystery to me. You too?
PSN: Geno4Prez2020
#2kakarotozeroPosted 2/22/2012 8:58:52 AM
BandersnatchGo posted...
The first one is for the riddle, "How do you save yourself when it's raining bullets?" I'm seeing in some of the walkthroughs that there's supposed to be a cop in the lounge holding Penguin's umbrella that you have to scan, but now all the cops are in the front hall, and none of them seem to be holding an umbrella.

The second one is for the Disruptor upgrade that defuses mines. Again, it looks like I'm supposed to get the upgrade from a cop in the lounge, but they're all gone.

i dont remember that part with the raining bullets, this is the first part when do you arrive to the museum and you fight with the dude with 1 arm ?

for the second, that disruptor is an optional sidequest, you need to defeat the pinguin and later in the game that mission is available

you only need to enter to the museum from the back door
---
Kame Hame Ha
#3Sol4688Posted 2/22/2012 9:09:11 AM
The iceberg lounge and museum are technically different areas, though they share the same building. After the battle with Penguin, the path becomes blocked and you become unable to get to one through the other.
The "raining bullets" riddle is in the iceberg lounge. It's a good time to get it when you go there for the mine destroyer upgrade. As for why cops aren't there... no idea. Does the objective to go there show up on your map? If not, play the story a little more and wait for a message that the objective is available.
---
PSN: CrimeRoyal
#4beyondbidjPosted 2/22/2012 9:13:09 AM
Get to the iceberg lounge from the side of the museum. Actually, a cop will call you if it is already available.
---
U.I.O.G.D.
#5BandersnatchGo(Topic Creator)Posted 2/22/2012 9:36:41 AM
So the cops don't show up again in the Iceberg Lounge until the side mission becomes available? Maybe I just haven't reached that part in the game yet. I'm going to go back to the side missions after I... (should I? I'm going to) put Mr. Freeze on ice.
---
The proper order of things is sometimes a mystery to me. You too?
PSN: Geno4Prez2020
#6HerrixPosted 2/22/2012 10:11:52 AM
Don't worry, you can't lock yourself out of the disruptor upgrade or the riddle by proceeding in the story. You're fine.

Before I entered this topic I thought you were talking about the Iceberg Lounge DLC combat map. Since it's a "fight til you drop" deal with infinite enemies, then yes, there you are screwed.