Theories about the next game

#1DeanToskicPosted 4/8/2012 5:03:34 AM
Last night I beat Azraels mission and despite disregarding what he had said numerous times before, I listened close this time and got to thinking about the next game. Heres what I came up with:

Main Villains:

Red Hood
Hush
Scarecrow

I believe Arkham 3 will be centered around Bruce and his inner feelings. AC was described by Strange to be a testament to Batmans failure, and I believe he was correct in ways he didnt foresee. Azrael also mentioned in his prophecy that Gotham will burn and Batman will burn too. I believe he meant litterally in the Gotham sense and figuratively in the Batman sense.

Batmans Failures:

Thomas and Martha Waynes deaths
Jason Todds death
Thomas Elliotts descent into evil
Talias death (though likely temporary)
Jokers death

The Arkham games have gotten progressively more personal to Batman. In AA, under Scarecrows fear gas, Batman had illusions of Jim Gordons death as well his parents bodies. In AC, there was his parents murder site in Crime Alley, Talias and Jokers deaths.

I believe A3 will continue to exploit Bruces fears which is where Scarecrow comes in. His fear gas will continuously push Bruce to the edge, reminding him of all of his past failures. Although a very, very long shot, I believe that we might see Bruce completely break down in this game, or at least a panic attack or something.

Hushs presence will also cause problems as He has Bruces identity. But even more so is that Hush is a reminder of Bruces failure to save his childhood best friend.

Red Hood may cause the biggest impact. The reemergence of Jason Todd will not only rattle Batman because of his failure to save him, but Todd will also be seeking revenge for Batman "killing Joker" before Jason got the chance.

All these things would contribute to an amazing game. Of course, this is still just a theory. Any comments?
#2ProjectSiolencePosted 4/8/2012 8:14:21 AM
I thought all the Hell coming to Gotham and burning stuff was a reference to the Demon Etrigan. Anything else and I'll be disappointed.
---
There's always one **** head like you trying to **** in the apple pie. Well you just **** in the one apple pie that knows how to **** back.
#3beyondbidjPosted 4/8/2012 8:28:44 AM
Well, most of the theories about Hush and Red Hood as the main villains for A3 makes me think it won't happen. Mainly because Paul Dini writes original stories for Arkham games. Yes he gets side-stories from the comics and cartoons, but the main story has always been original. So I think if they ever appear, they will just be side quests, supplementary to main storyline.
---
U.I.O.G.D.
#4cpo335Posted 4/8/2012 9:47:17 PM

Who is Red Hood again? And Hush? Sorry, I don't follow the comics very closely. But yes, I do agree that the games have been becoming more and more intimate with Batman and his psychology. I would very much love to see something that "breaks" Batman to pushes him beyond the edge. Soemthing that cuts deep.

#5GLADI_ATORPosted 4/9/2012 7:37:56 PM
PLease explain how Thomas and Martha Wayne's deaths a failure of Batman's. My history is a littly fuzzy, but I don't recall Batman having existed then.
***POTENTIAL SPOILERS***

Really you need to provide explanation for all of them, cause he really never failed. Talia died because of her own stupid plan (yes Batman should have recognized Clayface being joker), Joker's death was his own fault (IF he really is dead), cause Batman would have given him the cure. And Thomas Elliot was just insane and if you insist on putting blame on someone else, I guess you can put it on Bruce for not being a better friend or something (Bruce and Batman are two different people although they technically are the same person), but Batman really isn't too blame. I still don't get how you could possibly rationalize putting blame on Batman or Bruce for his parents being killed. Only their killer is too blame (To quote Alfred, "It was him and him alone").
---
Noob Saibot
#6DeanToskic(Topic Creator)Posted 4/9/2012 8:01:00 PM
Batman blames himself for his parents deaths. Its not his fault at all but he still feels like theres something he could have done. In the first Scarecrow hallucination in AA, Bruce envisions his parents blaming him, showing he still feels guilty.

Perhaps I didnt explain it well enough in the OP, but these are all events that Bruce blames himself for. We may not see him at fault, but in his own mind, hes at least a little guilty.
#7GLADI_ATORPosted 4/9/2012 8:20:41 PM
DeanToskic posted...
Batman blames himself for his parents deaths. Its not his fault at all but he still feels like theres something he could have done. In the first Scarecrow hallucination in AA, Bruce envisions his parents blaming him, showing he still feels guilty.

Perhaps I didnt explain it well enough in the OP, but these are all events that Bruce blames himself for. We may not see him at fault, but in his own mind, hes at least a little guilty.

you missed my point
---
Noob Saibot
#8Catalyst_blackPosted 4/9/2012 9:03:02 PM
Bruce does blame himself for his parent's death, as strange as it sounds. He really shouldn't As a child there was nothing he could've done yet he sees himself as having failed them some how. Maybe it was the fact that they took him to see a film. The fact that it was their protective nature that got them killed. Or maybe he even honestly thought at his age he still should've been able to stop Chill. Eitherway theres no denying that Bruce feels an immense amount of guilt at his parent's death and probably sees them as one of his failures. An outside source certainly wouldn't though.
---
PSN ID - Catalyst_Black
360 GT - Frostbite455931
#9cpo335Posted 4/9/2012 9:39:36 PM

I always figured he felt guilty about his parents' death because he was the reason they left the theater. Didn't they leave early or not go out the main entrance because he got scared or something?

#10julbull73Posted 4/10/2012 11:07:27 AM
cpo335 posted...
I always figured he felt guilty about his parents' death because he was the reason they left the theater. Didn't they leave early or not go out the main entrance because he got scared or something?

Depends on the origin story. It varies from the show was over, he was scared of bats, the movie sucked, it got too violent and his parent left, etc.

Movie batman, is the one your referencing and can result in people getting a bit angry at you round these parts...on occasion.

However, in all instances he did feel guilty for not being able to help them/survivors guilt.