About the DLC characters...

#1Shinra-ArmyPosted 4/13/2012 7:36:15 PM
Do Nightwing, Robin and Catwoman each come with their own gadgets, combo finishers and variations? Or do they simply have the same tools Batman has? Or less tools?
---
HeroicSomaCruz posted...
I don't mind anime art style if it's not blatant weeaboo.
#2HerrixPosted 4/13/2012 7:49:47 PM(edited)
Catwoman has all her own stuff, a whip, bola and caltrops, and Nightwing and Robin have most of their own gadgets but they do "borrow" a few from Batman. Example: Nightwing can Line Launch, but cannot glide, and Robin has explosive gel and can glide, but has his own variation of the Batclaw called the Zip Kick, which is a batclaw that pulls Robin to the enemy rather than the other way around so that he can kick them. Nightwing attacks with electrified batons rather than his fists and Robin whacks goons with a staff that can extend to a shield. It is worth noting that no DLC character has as many gadgets as Batman; Catwoman especially because she travels light with only the three I mentioned.

Each character has his/her own version of the Batarang: with Robin it's called a Shuriken, and he has a remote-controlled version like Batman, Nightwing has Wing-Dings, and Catwoman's bolas work like Batarangs though they're mapped to a different button. The DLC characters all have unique attacks and they are varied enough that they don't just seem like clones of Batman or each other.
#3Grizzle1981Posted 4/14/2012 5:10:49 AM
Like he said^, the characters have their own variation on some of Batman's weapons. But aside from that, they also have unique weapons. For Catwoman it's her whip, Robin has his staff and shield, and Nightwing has his electric tonfas. They all play differently in combat too. At first you may realize that all the same button combinations will do similar moves, however the timing it takes to go through their animations is different. Timing is the key difference between each character and knowing it is the way to perfecting them. Personally, I think Nightwing is the easist to learn, then Robin and Catwoman being the hardest. Catwoman is fast but she needs to deliver more hits ... and she's kind of flashy so that leaves her open to attacks sometimes.
---
This post is 100% opinion unless stated otherwise.
#4tenchiismynamePosted 4/14/2012 11:57:02 AM

Plus Catwoman has basically no armor so a few bullets and you're dead. Oh and Nightwings weapons are Eskrima Sticks, not tonfa, tonfa have handles.

#5Shinra-Army(Topic Creator)Posted 4/14/2012 5:47:06 PM
That's good to hear! I'm this close to buying the Arkham bundle pack but I'm not usre if I should wait for the rumored new DLC.
---
HeroicSomaCruz posted...
#63khcPosted 4/14/2012 6:35:20 PM
Grizzle1981 posted...
Nightwing has his electric tonfas.

They're eskrima sticks, not tonfa.
---
GAMER/DANCER HYBRID. PLEASE SUPPORT. SIGN BELOW.
http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/7-site-suggestions/60990732
#7Shinra-Army(Topic Creator)Posted 4/14/2012 10:42:51 PM
I caved in an bought it :P

Wow, Rocksteady managed to make Robin a badass!
---
HeroicSomaCruz posted...
#8Catalyst_blackPosted 4/14/2012 11:22:21 PM
I bought these less than a month ago too, and can't get enough of them.
---
PSN ID - Catalyst_Black
360 GT - Frostbite455931
#9Luigi_FirePosted 4/15/2012 10:22:30 AM
Shinra-Army posted...
I caved in an bought it :P

Wow, Rocksteady managed to make Robin a badass!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hivxVVVECTE