Batclaw Disarm

#1TheBatesPosted 5/13/2012 10:00:20 AM
I am very early in the game- at the mission where you have to infiltrate Freeze's base in order to find a cure for the disease that Joker has inflicted on the city. However, I am finding it difficult to tackle armed thugs. There's a spot that I'm at just now where there are three goons with guns who are causing some problems. I snagged the "Batclaw Disarm" upgrade, although I'm still having some trouble. When I disarm the three of them and then start punching, one of the enemies invariably manages to pick his gun up again and then I'm toast. Any advice? Thanks.
#2eulbedocPosted 5/13/2012 11:13:29 AM
Disarm & Destroy (square + triangle) once your combo turns yellow.
#3eulbedocPosted 5/13/2012 3:01:48 PM(edited)
My previous post was on the assumption you were in a combat situation.

If this is the GCPD where the thugs are guarding the room, then this is a predator situation. Use stealth and silent takedowns.
#4beam1249Posted 5/13/2012 9:18:14 PM
You're better off picking them off one by one silently, but if you really wanna take them on in combat, using quick batarangs on the enemies your not directly attacking will help keep them away from their guns, or knock them back out of their hands.
#5HarryPrivatePosted 5/14/2012 2:07:55 PM
TheBates posted...
I am very early in the game- at the mission where you have to infiltrate Freeze's base in order to find a cure for the disease that Joker has inflicted on the city. However, I am finding it difficult to tackle armed thugs. There's a spot that I'm at just now where there are three goons with guns who are causing some problems. I snagged the "Batclaw Disarm" upgrade, although I'm still having some trouble. When I disarm the three of them and then start punching, one of the enemies invariably manages to pick his gun up again and then I'm toast. Any advice? Thanks.

You should have the smoke pellet upgrade available at this point. The easiest method is to pick them off one at a time with a silent takedown and use patience. I would suggest upgrading to ballistic armor V1 and disarm and destroy.