Having problems getting to level 10 with Triads.

#1wolverine4286Posted 8/27/2012 7:11:06 AM
Looking for some advise. I have completed the game and currently working on collectables and achievements and having a problem getting the achievement for getting level 10 with Triads. I am half way through level 9 and when I replay a mission from social hub it will not add anything to the level bar. Do I have to get 3 solid triangles for every Triad mission to get this or is there another way to go? Got to level 10 of the Cop bar with no problems (due to drug bust missions) ... Any one have the same issue or have a good idea to get this? Thanks.
---
Shut up Mimsy!
#2D_GryphonPosted 8/27/2012 7:24:25 AM
Yes, try to get 3 triangles or as close to 3 as possible.
#3OKRecords1138Posted 8/27/2012 7:50:21 AM
I suppose the fastest way to do this would be to go on Xbox Live and download the DLC content that boosts your Cop, Triad and Face. Not a very rewarding way to do it, but it will get the job done.
---
See all your favorite toys of yesterday and today at The Toy Box - thetoybox1138.blogspot.com
#4Shy420Posted 8/27/2012 8:17:01 AM
Probably don't have to ask this but do you have the 15% triad bonus equipped? Replay missions and do better is the only other advice I have for you.
---
I will not be pushed, filed, stamped, indexed, briefed, debriefed, or numbered! My life is my own.
#5MetsuJ2xPosted 8/27/2012 8:17:23 AM
replay missions from social hub
#6gameloverPS2Posted 8/27/2012 8:21:14 AM
If you have the Shaolin DLC, you can just beat up the monks ad-infinitum & receive Triad XP.
---
Addicted to good design.
#7RedDevil2007Posted 8/27/2012 8:49:39 AM
I maxed out level 10 Triad 3 missions before the end of the game when I figured out that spamming B to grab, X for one punch, then hold X for the leg break move (after you've learned it of course), followed by another press of X when the guy is stunned nets you a ton of Triad XP.

Maybe try that once you've learned the leg break move from the Jade statue guy.
---
Gamertag: LastChancery
http://xwlleague.forumotion.com/forum
#8AlphusUltimusPosted 8/27/2012 9:34:13 AM
RedDevil2007 posted...
I maxed out level 10 Triad 3 missions before the end of the game when I figured out that spamming B to grab, X for one punch, then hold X for the leg break move (after you've learned it of course), followed by another press of X when the guy is stunned nets you a ton of Triad XP.

Maybe try that once you've learned the leg break move from the Jade statue guy.

that's 30 for stun, and 30-45 for heavy stun follow up.
you can also do vaulting disarms. 30 for disarm and 30 for hostile down, and if they stun, headshot them for another 30.
---
XBOX360 GT: AlphaUltima
#9CarpetfluffPosted 8/27/2012 9:52:30 AM
Yeah, I've just topped mine triad up to level 10 by replaying some of the bigger missions a few times; any where you get the chance to do lots of environment kills, vehicle destruction etc should get you there fairly fast, especially with the 15% upgrade clothing active.
#10unclekoolaid73Posted 9/1/2012 7:21:17 PM
i ran up to the enemy (said enemy was armed with a gun) and pressed b button to disarm, doing that put me into slow motion and i followed the disarm with a head shot to the person i disarmed. i was getting 30 points for the disarm and 30 points for the head shot, really effective points.