Will there be a GOTY edition?

#1Captain_NESPosted 1/30/2013 7:21:48 PM
Downloaded the demo and loved it. I want to buy it but don't feel like downloading the DLC (anti DLC), so what are the odds of Sleeping Dogs getting a GOTY edition?
---
I came, I saw, I pressed reset and tried again!
#2EdgeofLethePosted 1/31/2013 5:35:45 PM
It's kind of hard to say. I don't think it moved quite enough units to be a guaranteed candidate for GOTY treatment. S-E might think they've tapped out the market despite the DLC being received fairly well.

As it stands, we're still only half-way through S-E's guaranteed DLC support (IIRC, they said there would be at least 6 months with active DLC rolling out). So, you might be in for a long wait.
---
It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it - Aristotle
#3Captain_NES(Topic Creator)Posted 1/31/2013 6:00:02 PM
EdgeofLethe posted...
It's kind of hard to say. I don't think it moved quite enough units to be a guaranteed candidate for GOTY treatment. S-E might think they've tapped out the market despite the DLC being received fairly well.

As it stands, we're still only half-way through S-E's guaranteed DLC support (IIRC, they said there would be at least 6 months with active DLC rolling out). So, you might be in for a long wait.

Well since GTA V got delayed, this game moved up a few spots on my list. The DLC looks fun though especially the kung fu tournament one.
---
#4EdgeofLethePosted 1/31/2013 8:20:24 PM
Move it up your list, buddy. This game is great. I understand not wanting to download DLC, but you might never get a GOTY edition with everything on disc (even if there is one, they don't always put them on a disc, right).
---
It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it - Aristotle
#5GnomestonePosted 1/31/2013 9:23:05 PM
I am almost positive there will not be a complete edition. Just my opinion, but I'd recommend you not wait for a complete edition that is not coming.
#6AlphusUltimusPosted 2/1/2013 12:49:54 AM
doubt it. even thq barely crapped out a complete edition for saints row before they went under.
---
X360 GT: AlphaUltima
PSN ID: AlphusUltimus
#7Captain_NES(Topic Creator)Posted 2/1/2013 7:03:49 AM
Thanks for the input guys, I'll be picking it up soon. I have played that demo quite a bit and love it.
---