Gambling Dens?

#1SunricerPosted 8/19/2012 2:19:01 AM
2 of them appeared on my map, but going out there and checking them out doesn't seem to do anything. Can't get inside, can't get upstairs on the boat, found 1 lockbox though. There is a melee upgrade on one of the I'd love to get my hands on.

Do they unlock later in the story? I just met the "chairman" and got the 2nd apartment
Can I actually gamble there if I ever get inside? I'd like to try something other than Rooster fights.
#2retsmotPosted 8/19/2012 2:41:39 AM
the gambling in this game is a missed opportunity imho. after how awesome RDR's gambling system was...

as to your question favors will unlock in those areas and then you can get inside to gamble, only poker mahjong though.
#3ssilver7Posted 8/19/2012 3:11:52 AM
They unlock when a favor icon pops up over them, I don't think you have much longer.
#4Sunricer(Topic Creator)Posted 8/19/2012 3:55:25 AM
Do I need to advance the actual story or just do side stuff? Still got a couple of races, some debt collecting and cars to find.
#5MetrosexualVaanPosted 8/19/2012 9:08:32 AM
You have to finish a favor at each den to gain access. The only game inside is mahjong poker, though. Total waste of time of stealing a boat and driving out there.
#6ArcaneforestPosted 8/19/2012 9:19:19 AM
MetrosexualVaan posted...
You have to finish a favor at each den to gain access. The only game inside is mahjong poker, though. Total waste of time of stealing a boat and driving out there.

You have to go out there for the story anyway with a boat, so either way, he will get there.