How many can't play this game due to freezing?

#1khunkiPosted 8/16/2012 9:05:33 PM
I can't get past the loading screen after starting a new game. Sometimes it even crashes at the splash developer screen.

And yes I've tried all the usual driver and software upgrade checks and my rig is more than capable to support the game so don't bother with those sort of questions.
---
In the last second of life they're going to show you how
How they run this show, sure, run it into the ground
#2Jiga35Posted 8/16/2012 9:10:03 PM
Turn the settings down.
---
There is a no more intolerant lot on earth than those who ramble on the most about tolerance. In the name of tolerance they have become the most intolerant.
#3khunki(Topic Creator)Posted 8/16/2012 9:14:36 PM
Jiga35 posted...
Turn the settings down.

Thanks but that didn't work (turned it down to low, turned off hi res textures).
---
#4EricksHinumaruPosted 8/16/2012 9:34:56 PM
Verify your cache?
---
Fast cars and neon lights.
Steam: EricksHinumaru
#5StunnPosted 8/16/2012 9:58:26 PM
My game freezes at the "Square Enix" logo after starting every time. I let it sit around for about 10 minutes and then I can play the game with no problem. It's stupid. I thought it was my antivirus messing me up, but nope.
---
You are reading this and I'll never know.
#6khunki(Topic Creator)Posted 8/16/2012 11:03:09 PM
Can you tell me your graphics card? I just figured out that I can get past the loading screen if I run the game off my integrated Intel card but not off my AMD 7800 card.
---
#7StunnPosted 8/17/2012 3:33:23 PM
I have an AMD Radeon HD 7700
---
You are reading this and I'll never know.
#8angry_cowtipperPosted 8/18/2012 3:19:50 AM
khunki posted...
Can you tell me your graphics card? I just figured out that I can get past the loading screen if I run the game off my integrated Intel card but not off my AMD 7800 card.

I'm getting frequent freezing on my 7800 (can't play with Crossfire at all, have to use one card). It's not to where I can't play, happens maybe every hour and a half, but the points at which it happens seem pretty random.
---
Darksiders II, Sleeping Dogs (PC); Dungeon Defenders (AND), Gravity Rush, Cliff Diving (VITA)
#9khunki(Topic Creator)Posted 8/18/2012 1:08:30 PM
Well problem ignored. I can get past the loading screen if I wait for 10 minutes. It's not ideal but at least it works; now I'll just hope for a patch which can fix the problem.
---