help on cursed weapon quest for ironhand

#1archmage_215Posted 7/31/2011 10:39:11 PM
hey i need help on the cursed weapons quest i need to knw where can i find it and who drop them i looked on the spreadsheet n it was in japanese n i can translate help plz
---
psn id: choasdemon215
#2Durgha001Posted 8/1/2011 2:34:27 AM
Demon Lords (Shiin 10F) drop the cursed blade, which turns into Murakumo. Archinbolds (Shiin 9F) drop the cursed shamshir, which turns into the Great Shamshir. You only need to turn in one item to complete the quest, and Murakumo is vastly superior for any number of reasons.

You can repeat the quest as many times as you want, assuming you have more cursed blades to turn in. The drop rate isn't that bad, either. It's less than Grim Circlets or Reagents but much higher than I expected for such a powerful weapon.

It's been a while since I did the quest, but I think the cursed items drop as ?sword or ?weapon items, and then appraise into what you bring to Ironhand. You can't equip them until they're traded to Ironhand, and he won't take items that aren't appraised.

If you're going for 100% item completion, it's much easier to farm the shamshir in the DLC dungeon. The Archinbolds on DLC 6F don't run as often as the ones on Shiin 9F. They show up with Leapers, however, which completely sucks the fun right out of the game. -_-
---
PSN: Durgha
"Staring at the sea, staring at the sand ..."
#3noir_maouPosted 8/1/2011 7:21:29 AM
I can't help but wonder how a pile of corpses can run away. However, they are pretty fast. Then again, this makes me wonder how a pile of corpses can be fast...
#4StudentOfAshPosted 8/1/2011 7:42:38 AM

The cursed weapons file in as "Strange?" :) If there is no "1" beside it, youare most likely going to get the weapon instead of a map or something else.

#5Durgha001Posted 8/1/2011 7:34:59 PM
noir_maou posted...
I can't help but wonder how a pile of corpses can run away. However, they are pretty fast. Then again, this makes me wonder how a pile of corpses can be fast...

Either Acquire or XSEED deserves a slap for that. The bestiary entry on Archinbold makes a point that its physical form is expendable. The creature can't technically die - hell, it's not even alive to begin with - so why is it so obsessed with not getting hit? Makes no sense.

It's like a metal slime made out of dead guys but with bad loot. Horrible idea. You hear me, Acquire? HORRIBLE! I swear, every time the Japanese put frustrating crap like this in a RPG, God should kill a kitten.
---
PSN: Durgha
"Staring at the sea, staring at the sand ..."
#6archmage_215(Topic Creator)Posted 8/4/2011 2:48:40 PM
thx for the help i appreciate it i completed the quest
---
psn id: choasdemon215
#7HelIWithoutSinPosted 8/9/2011 11:10:45 AM
noir_maou posted...

It's all those legs.