Hanging in the main story line...

#18BallDeluxePosted 6/8/2011 8:03:06 AM
I am running around in the dungeon for hours now and have no idea what to do next.

I have two quests open, one from the temple to find some scroll, a monk stole and the other is to find the late king. The game doesn't tell me where to look for the item/man, so I don't know on which floor to look. This is annoying. I already reached floor 10 in Shiin's dungeon and still have no clue what to do.

Please help me out where to go to advance the quests and storyline. Is there any hint in the game where to look? As I have all but level 10 completely mapped I can't check my maps for places I haven't been anymore...

If there is a quest guide on the internet anywhere I'd appreciate a link.
#2sevristh69Posted 6/10/2011 5:15:03 AM
I had the exact same problem. Here's a spreadsheet I found from another thread here...

https://spreadsheets.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?hl=en_US&key=tfqDIfdFKam0sIjoRmH-tFQ#gid=5

Only problem is, I completed the scroll quest for the temple, and found a couple of the triggers for the King quest on level 7, and then it just stopped. I have COMPLETELY mapped everything in both dungeons, and now I'm just idling. I have really considered just restarting the game because I have been to all the coordinates and nothing happens. Let me know how you fare with it!
#3torchic373Posted 6/10/2011 9:30:45 AM
sevristh69 posted...
I had the exact same problem. Here's a spreadsheet I found from another thread here...

https://spreadsheets.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?hl=en_US&key=tfqDIfdFKam0sIjoRmH-tFQ#gid=5

Only problem is, I completed the scroll quest for the temple, and found a couple of the triggers for the King quest on level 7, and then it just stopped. I have COMPLETELY mapped everything in both dungeons, and now I'm just idling. I have really considered just restarting the game because I have been to all the coordinates and nothing happens. Let me know how you fare with it!

I haven't gotten to where you are yet, but umm...this is what the JP wiki page says: (sorry if my translating is off)

*spoilers*

Prereq: Stranded in the Dungeon
Objective: Rescue King Diement V

Order of Events as follows:

B03 X:15,Y:01 Conversation with Shiin
'Please return the late King'
'You have no crime'

B04 X:07,Y04 Another conversation*

B04 X:05,Y:07 Book of Dreams note discovery

B06 X:17,Y:11 Conversation with Shiin
'No more suffering anymore'
'Blaming does not return the King'

B07 X:07,Y:09 Lv17 Hydra fight
Book of Dreams note discovery

B07 X:18,Y:16 Conversation with Gregor
Don't believe > fight with Gregor Lv27
Believe> fight with Shiin > bad ending
Win the fight against Gregor and Ala Kabra Lv23

B08 X:18,Y:04 Conversation with Arahaui (seems to be alright to omit)

B10 X:10,Y:14 Conversation with Shiin (Prior choices made in conversations go to)
Negative conversation with Shiin > fight with Shiin Lv34> Luxuria Anguis Lv33
Positive conversation with Shiin > fight with King Diement V Lv32 > Tempestus Rex

-----
Then it goes on to say what the choices made go with what ending. The author mentions some event about the amulet, but he says he never found it. (Don't know if that's required)

*I accidentally skipped this and went to the next one. Dunno if it makes a difference.

Hope that helps!
#4sevristh69Posted 6/10/2011 11:51:43 AM
Yes, I had the fight with the hydra, and went to the coordinates listed for meeting the next person and nothing. Guess I will have to start the game over. Really crappy considering I have level 41+ chars...
#5MugaazPosted 6/10/2011 11:58:49 AM
You dont need to delete chars to start over. Just make a new toon and import all your old chars into it. Youll be doing the quests over again with your new guy + 5 people from your last party.
#6sevristh69Posted 6/10/2011 12:10:02 PM
So if I create a new main character, everything resets? Do the maps reset as well so you can once again tell where you have and have not been?

Also, I am new to this forum...I selected to track a few different threads, but am not receiving notifications of new posts. Is there a way to do this??
#7ArrawntPosted 6/10/2011 12:21:24 PM
Only quest progress resets. Maps and characters can still be used.

Did you doublecheck every coordinate prior to the b7 hydra one?
#8sevristh69Posted 6/10/2011 3:30:44 PM
Ok, so I created a new main character, teleported through all the quests, came to the last one, and realized that I had written down the wrong coordinates for the second part on level 7. So, the problem was that I was a dumbass. :)

Still... The quest system is a bit shaky as I said in that you shouldn't have to retrace your steps with no idea where in the )$(# to go...

But, that's really my only complaint with the game.