Alahawi & Lady Shiin *Spoilers*

#1Hours_LeftPosted 7/5/2011 12:14:48 AM
I've just got a couple of quick question. Does anyone know off-hand the coordinated for the first time you meet Alahawi in the Shiin's Dungeon and the second time you meet Lady Shiin?

Both of these encounters are not required to move the story along, so I don't remember where there are exactly, but I would like to see them again with my new characters.

Also, I noticed in the screen shots hosted here on GameFAQs that there is a shot of the hero's party battling Alahawi. When does that happen in the game?

I've gotten both the Lady Shiin & King Diement V endings, and neither time did I have to fight Alahawi. Is it during the bad ending maybe?

---
Currently Playing: Final Fantasy IV: The Complete Collection (PSP), Wizardry: Labyrinth of Lost Souls (PS3)
#2CoarseDragonPosted 7/5/2011 10:56:32 AM
Here are the coordinates in Shiin that I know of. Not sure which you might be looking for.

Spoiler!!!

B3 X15 Y01
B4 X05 Y07
B6 X17 Y11
B7 X07 Y09
B7 X18 Y16
B8 X18 Y04
B10 X10 Y14
#3Hours_Left(Topic Creator)Posted 7/5/2011 3:19:13 PM
Yeah, those are the locations for the Rescue King Diement V quest. I'm looking for the location of where you see Shiin in the dungeon for the second time, when it's not related to any particular quest.

The first time you meet her is right by the entrance on the first floor, but I remember seeing her a second time on one of the earlier floors early on in the game. Same thing with Alahawi, I know you see him on floor 8 during the Rescue King Diement V quest, but you can also meet him a lot sooner in Shiin's Dungeon too.

---
Currently Playing: Final Fantasy IV: The Complete Collection (PSP), Wizardry: Labyrinth of Lost Souls (PS3)
#4Zanbie XanvierPosted 7/5/2011 10:43:03 PM
Alahawi is at B1 X15 Y9, and Shiin is at B2 X6 Y1.
---
Is that it is snowing only this paradise?
The paradise was already Alice's playground.
#5Hours_Left(Topic Creator)Posted 7/6/2011 12:22:29 AM
Thank you.

Any info on when you can fight Alahawi?

---
#6Hours_Left(Topic Creator)Posted 7/6/2011 3:12:18 AM
Through a bit more testing, I've actually found out that the location of Lady Shiin's second appearance is actually different depending on what hero character you are using. So far, they've all been on B2 though.

---
#7Zanbie XanvierPosted 7/6/2011 10:11:26 PM
That makes sense. The coordinate I gave you was for the Porklu Male, though I thought I had encountered her somewhere in the northwest room during my Dwarf Female run.
---
Is that it is snowing only this paradise?
The paradise was already Alice's playground.
#8Hours_Left(Topic Creator)Posted 7/14/2011 7:37:27 PM
So now I've completed the Beastiary, explored all 10 levels of the Dungeon of Trials and Shiin's Dungeon and completed all the quests available so far and I still haven't fought Alahawi.

I'm guessing he must be a boss in future DLC. Anyone have some info on this?

---
#9Durgha001Posted 7/14/2011 8:54:11 PM
I've got a theory, but it's a bit far fetched. And for those that care this has so many *SPOILERS* (redundancy = plausible deniability) that it'll potentially ruin four or five Wizardry games for you.

Lost Souls is filled with references to previous Wizardry titles, either as foreshadowing or XSeed's idea of easter eggs. Let's go through the ones relevant to Alahawi.

Diement VI says his father built the Trials as a "proving grounds" for new adventurers. Regardless of the ending you get, Diement V is quite mad, having locked himself away for years to study a magical artifact that spreads chaos. Add the German pronunciation of "Diement" on top of that, and it starts to look like he's Trebor, the Mad Overlord who lent his name to the first Wizardry.

Ala Cabra said the labyrinth would become a "maelstrom," a very specific and odd term to describe an underground maze. This further ties the Trials and Shinn to the city of Llylgamyn, site of the first five Wizardry games - in this case Heart of the Maelstrom being the one of import.

After the Ala Cabra fight but before the final boss, there's an optional conversation with Alahawi where he explains the Book of Dreams cannot function properly without a magic artifact pen. Fans of the series will recognize this pen as the Cosmic Forge from Wizardry VI. Alahawi explains he doesn't want the Book of Dreams, but rather something else, so it suggests underneath the mask he's one of the characters that held the Cosmic Forge.

Suspect #1 is Xorphitus, who suffered some bizarre physical/spiritual split upon using the pen.

Suspect #2 is the tragic emotionless vampire king from the same game.

Of course that's all absurd conjecture. Though there's no evidence whatsoever to support the theory, I think Alahawi is really Werdna and Lost Souls is a prequel to Proving Grounds.

As for Shiin, I honestly hate the character. Is she dead? Undead? An echo of astonishingly poor decision making skills? She bleeds just fine. Says so in the Luxuria ending. Ghosts don't bleed, so what the hell is she? Just a sorceress from another country? I don't get it. None of the information on Shiin - in the US or JP version of the game - is consistent.

I don't care what she is. I just hope if she ever comes back, she's got an instruction manual.
---
PSN: Durgha