I think wiimote+nunchuck is the best controller for 1st or 3rd person shooter

#1kokconaPosted 6/25/2010 9:16:21 PM
But why they make this game become time crisis's on rail shooter style. I love GOW on 360. But It would be much better to play with wiimote+nunchuck. And when I saw this game on 360 and found the news about wii version, I expected to play as GOW wiimote. But.................
I don't care HD.
I don't care texture detail.
I want wiimote+nunchuck controlling.

Why............?
#2stickman55Posted 6/25/2010 11:51:27 PM

agreed, wii remote and nunchukis better than some normal controller, wii zapper is best for shooters though

#3Ganados0Posted 6/26/2010 12:03:35 AM

The problem is the 360/PS3 game was made on Unreal 3 engine which is incompatible with the Wii.This andBatman: Arkham Asylum, Dead Space, Resident Evil 5 could all be replicated on Wii but are powered by incompatible engines.

They could still have made something decent but didn't bother.

The best thing to do is pass this version up and drive home the message you won't settle for crap on the Wii.

The sad part, Resident Evil 4 and everyCall of Duty has sold way more then every rail shooter on the platform and yet this never gets through to any of them.

#4LoatheMePosted 6/26/2010 1:01:56 AM
riiiight because they should stop making wii-specific exclusive versions and just make more halfassed dumbed down ports/clones to appease the people too poor to own anything above or besides a wii and the tiny minority that's willing to sacrifice a huge amount of quality and content in a game just so they can theoretically aim slightly better.
#5BaseChouGokuPosted 6/26/2010 8:15:54 AM
Its a rail shooter because the focal group for the Wii transformers crowd is kids
#6stufa1978Posted 6/28/2010 7:10:57 AM
Loathe, that is precisely why I own a Wii. I am disabled and cannot afford a HD machine as yet. I can handle Wii's multiformat games will be 'lesser' than the HD versions. But for you to say things like that is low.

Anyway, the DS' version of WFC is a unique engine. And it works well. So there is no excuse for the Wii to have a poor and rushed licence game. Though it is much better than RotF.

The logical reason why Wii now gets rubbish TF games is the same as why DS does not get WiFi vs, even though there is demand for it. The clauses in the contracts that prohibit alternate versions from 3rd parties having online modes. It's true.
Maybe the Wii version now MUST be significantly rubbish by contract.

---
Nintendo translates as Leave luck to Heaven.
#7JimThetaPosted 6/28/2010 8:45:00 AM
"...why DS does not get WiFi vs, even though there is demand for it. The clauses in the contracts that prohibit alternate versions from 3rd parties having online modes. It's true."

I would like to see a source for this assertion. It doesn't sound entirely plausible to me.
#8BaseChouGokuPosted 6/29/2010 9:36:54 PM
Yeah because if thats the case....explain Call of Duty World at War then....
#9stufa1978Posted 7/1/2010 6:00:57 AM
My infromation comes from an EA insider. Multiformat big name games suffer from this. Take the WWE games. THQ were swines for making sure the PS1&2 Smackdown games look the part. Yet other machines could not be allowed to run alternate versions. Instead different and less impressive games would be provided for different platfoms. Take Xbox's RAW games. GCN's WWE games. Different, despite the machines easily capable of running Smackdown, they weren't allowed.

You don't have to believe it. But surely there is more to than just lazy developing? Look how information was with held for Wii TF WFC. They knew fans would be disappointed with the product in work. Yet still the game went ahead.
---
Nintendo translates as Leave luck to Heaven.
#10JondylaPosted 7/1/2010 7:02:35 AM
Anytime someone says things like "I know an insider." they lose all credibilty. LMAO