Debilitating Crashes

#1AlotOfOpinionsPosted 11/22/2011 12:24:07 PM
When I began playing it started crashing maybe every 25 minutes, saying 'Rendering Thread Exception' and then 'Fatal Error'. The error message also said igdum32.dll could not be found (I've checked this, that file is right there). The crashes have been increasing so that it will crash 100% of the time as soon as I try to continue my save file. Does anyone know a fix? Thanks.
---
Prog metal: 'Some pretentious "trained" singer wails about how Ayn Rand's economic ideas would interact with a dragon flown by an alien' - platipus143
#2AlotOfOpinions(Topic Creator)Posted 11/22/2011 12:25:28 PM
I've tried turning down graphical settings and resolution, changing affinities, updating driver, and running in windowed mode.
---
Prog metal: 'Some pretentious "trained" singer wails about how Ayn Rand's economic ideas would interact with a dragon flown by an alien' - platipus143
#3sbdbPosted 11/22/2011 4:37:12 PM

Buy yourself a console, a PC is way above your technical capabilities so it seems.

#4giocarePosted 11/22/2011 4:45:22 PM
This page has some supposed crash fixes but I don't know if it covers your problem:
http://crashfixes.com/fixing-batman-arkham-city-crashes-runtime-error-physx-crash-freezing-lagging-ctd-poor-fps-black-screen-no-sound/
#5redorblue88Posted 11/22/2011 4:45:41 PM
^Wow, could you be any less helpful and rude? Most people wouldn't know what to do with an error like that and clearly you don't know either otherwise you would have helped. It's not like the guy came with a simple problem that any idiot could fix, otherwise i'm sure you'd be the first to help ;-D

Sorry dude, i'm not sure exactly what the problem is, hopefully some other people on this board can be more helpful.
---
///PC: i7 2600K OC'd, GTX580, 8gb 1600mhz ram
///Top 5 games: (1) MGS4, (2) Red Dead Redemption, (3) Batman AA, (4) Shadow of the colossus, (5) Shenmue
#6dzimmPosted 11/22/2011 4:48:23 PM

If you haven't already, try disabling DX11.  That seems to be causing the majority of problems for people.