Possible to play with PS3 controller?

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Batman: Arkham City
  3. Possible to play with PS3 controller?

User Info: Mega__Man

Mega__Man
5 years ago#1
I have Arkham Asylum for the PS3, and really liked the controls. I'm getting Arkham City for free thanks to my purchase of a new GTX 560 Ti graphics card, mostly for Battlefield 3 coming out on Tuesday :D

It is possible to play with a PS3 controller? It'd probably be really comfortable for me, but if not, how is it playing with a keyboard? Seems like it would be difficult, especially pulling off some fast moves during combat, but please correct me if I'm wrong.
http://s216.photobucket.com/albums/cc76/heeheex2/th_MM-1.jpg

User Info: AsucaHayashi

AsucaHayashi
5 years ago#2
yes you can play with a ps3 controller but since it has native support for the 360 controller you might need to remap your buttons.
''PC/360 titles are Microsoft exclusive meaning not on Apple or Linux, meaning the people who own Windows own 360 which still makes it exclusive''. ~Phamous1

User Info: Claptonvaughn

Claptonvaughn
5 years ago#3
Just use "MotioninJoy" (Google it if you don't already have it). It will make your PS3 controller simulate a 360 one.

User Info: Majoras_pants

Majoras_pants
5 years ago#4
Yeah there are various programs to make PS3 controllers work on any game with gamepad support. But honestly if you're going to start playing PC games with a controller, why not get a wired 360 controller and use that? You can get them pretty cheap and they're far better.

User Info: jer_1

jer_1
5 years ago#5

MotionInJoy is the program to use for certain. It will emulate a 360 controller quite perfectly. I've been using it on a few games with my dualshock 3, works like a champ!

Honestly I'm not sure why you wouldn't just give the mouse & keyboard a try, it worked exceptionally well in Arkham Asylum, I'm sure it will work equally well on this game. Much faster response in turning and maneuvering than a controller.

User Info: jer_1

jer_1
5 years ago#6

Majoras_pants posted...
Yeah there are various programs to make PS3 controllers work on any game with gamepad support. But honestly if you're going to start playing PC games with a controller, why not get a wired 360 controller and use that? You can get them pretty cheap and they're far better.

I would pick a PS3 controller over a 360's controller any day but that's just me...

I would rank 'em M/KB >>>>>PS3 controller >360 controller

User Info: J0hnick

J0hnick
5 years ago#7
I played Arkyum Asylum on a PS3 Dual Shock, do a google search for Xbox 360 Joypad Emulator. It does exactly what it says, works with most but not all GFWL games, takes a while to configure the INI file as you have to re map all the buttons, but once thats done your set.

You could also use one of these

http://etokki.com/Xbox360/Xtokki360

This is the best PS2 -> 360 joypad converter you can get, and unlike the cheaper ones you dont need to plug a real 360 pad into the side for it to work. Your PC will pick it up as a 360 wired controller provided you have official drivers for the wired 360 controller installed, and you can use your old PS2 Dual Shock no problem :-)
No religious basis is necessary. Man would indeed be in a poor way if he had to be restrained by fear of punishment & hope of reward after death - Einstein
  1. Boards
  2. Batman: Arkham City
  3. Possible to play with PS3 controller?

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived