Possible to play with PS3 controller?

#1Mega__ManPosted 10/21/2011 8:59:51 PM
I have Arkham Asylum for the PS3, and really liked the controls. I'm getting Arkham City for free thanks to my purchase of a new GTX 560 Ti graphics card, mostly for Battlefield 3 coming out on Tuesday :D

It is possible to play with a PS3 controller? It'd probably be really comfortable for me, but if not, how is it playing with a keyboard? Seems like it would be difficult, especially pulling off some fast moves during combat, but please correct me if I'm wrong.
---
http://s216.photobucket.com/albums/cc76/heeheex2/th_MM-1.jpg
#2AsucaHayashiPosted 10/21/2011 11:57:15 PM
yes you can play with a ps3 controller but since it has native support for the 360 controller you might need to remap your buttons.
---
''PC/360 titles are Microsoft exclusive meaning not on Apple or Linux, meaning the people who own Windows own 360 which still makes it exclusive''. ~Phamous1
#3ClaptonvaughnPosted 10/22/2011 12:29:23 AM
Just use "MotioninJoy" (Google it if you don't already have it). It will make your PS3 controller simulate a 360 one.
#4Majoras_pantsPosted 10/22/2011 5:30:26 PM
Yeah there are various programs to make PS3 controllers work on any game with gamepad support. But honestly if you're going to start playing PC games with a controller, why not get a wired 360 controller and use that? You can get them pretty cheap and they're far better.
#5jer_1Posted 10/23/2011 10:20:34 AM

MotionInJoy is the program to use for certain. It will emulate a 360 controller quite perfectly. I've been using it on a few games with my dualshock 3, works like a champ!

Honestly I'm not sure why you wouldn't just give the mouse & keyboard a try, it worked exceptionally well in Arkham Asylum, I'm sure it will work equally well on this game. Much faster response in turning and maneuvering than a controller.

#6jer_1Posted 10/23/2011 10:22:07 AM

Majoras_pants posted...
Yeah there are various programs to make PS3 controllers work on any game with gamepad support. But honestly if you're going to start playing PC games with a controller, why not get a wired 360 controller and use that? You can get them pretty cheap and they're far better.

I would pick a PS3 controller over a 360's controller any day but that's just me...

I would rank 'em M/KB >>>>>PS3 controller >360 controller

#7J0hnickPosted 10/23/2011 10:29:31 AM
I played Arkyum Asylum on a PS3 Dual Shock, do a google search for Xbox 360 Joypad Emulator. It does exactly what it says, works with most but not all GFWL games, takes a while to configure the INI file as you have to re map all the buttons, but once thats done your set.

You could also use one of these

http://etokki.com/Xbox360/Xtokki360

This is the best PS2 -> 360 joypad converter you can get, and unlike the cheaper ones you dont need to plug a real 360 pad into the side for it to work. Your PC will pick it up as a 360 wired controller provided you have official drivers for the wired 360 controller installed, and you can use your old PS2 Dual Shock no problem :-)
---
No religious basis is necessary. Man would indeed be in a poor way if he had to be restrained by fear of punishment & hope of reward after death - Einstein