Achievement "Catch" not unlocking...

#1BesomeGamesPosted 11/23/2011 9:55:56 AM
Man, I have looked forward to this game so much. I loved Arkham Asylum, a lot. I got this free with my new graphics card. I can max Battlefield 3, Skyrim, but this game was giving me 15fps. Come to find out that DX11 is broken for now, which I am to believe was the cause of the delays in the first place.

So after seeing tons of posts I shut off DX11, and got 80-100fps. I read an achievement guide and it said the only missable achievement is "Catch" which requires you to throw your remote batarang to some Assasin's Creed looking fellow.

I don't want to give any spoilers, but right after you leave the courthouse in the beginning of the game is the first opportunity to get the achievement. I threw the guy the batarang atleast 5 times, none of which would unlock the achievement. I assume this is a glitch.
---
Steam: BesomeGames | Origin: BesomeGames
Xbox 360: BesomeGames | PS3: BesomeGames
#2FaYt2021Posted 11/23/2011 11:25:53 AM
Thrust posted...
Man, I have looked forward to this game so much. I loved Arkham Asylum, a lot. I got this free with my new graphics card. I can max Battlefield 3, Skyrim, but this game was giving me 15fps. Come to find out that DX11 is broken for now, which I am to believe was the cause of the delays in the first place.

So after seeing tons of posts I shut off DX11, and got 80-100fps..

All of this ^ was not needed in this thread.

To answer you're question about the achievement, same this happened to me so it must be glitched.
---
If that doesn't work, I know where you can get a Lemonade Turret for cheap.
#3BesomeGames(Topic Creator)Posted 11/23/2011 11:43:20 AM
Considering I had to wait an extra month to play this, and it has more bugs then the console versions, I will be saying this at any opportunity I get. I love PC gaming, far more then my console gaming past. It's a shame that this had to take longer to make, yet has more problems.

They used Arkham City as a selling point for the graphics card I got. It was listed right there, "Play it the way it was meant to be played" and on top of that the model I got was listed as the "ultimate" way to play it.

So I dish out $300+ for this card. I get excited that I can play a game that was designed around the hardware, and a great franchise to boot. Then Steam wont launch the game, I have to manually click the .exe file. Then I find out DirectX 11, which I was pitched as the "only way to play" doesn't work, and then atleast one achievement is broken in the first 15 minutes of the game. Why the hell did they delay the game, and how did they miss glitches that took me less then a half hour to run into?
---
Steam: BesomeGames | Origin: BesomeGames
Xbox 360: BesomeGames | PS3: BesomeGames
#4crawdadPosted 11/24/2011 2:30:35 AM
WHo are you throwing the Remote Batarang too because you can't get the achivement till at elast the 2nd half of the game after you go through the sewers and......

*MINOR SPOILERS*

Interrogate Quincy Sharp, in fact it's after that cutscene and he's communicating to Oracle do you actually see the dude you throw it too.
---
GT:Gojirra,PSN: Gojirra102 "Marriage is supposed to be 50/50! Not 50/25!" -- Lady on Jerry Springer
#5liquid sleepPosted 11/24/2011 8:07:12 AM
^^ I have played the game on console and the achievement can be done when you exit the courthouse for the 1st time. The "watcher" will appear 4 times at 4 different locations.
---
This is my sig. There are many like it, but this one is mine...w/o me my sig is useless. w/o my sig, I am useless.
#6CalosinPosted 11/24/2011 8:13:21 AM
For some reason there's about 5 or so achievements from the console versions that aren't even on the PC. Catch is one of them. So technically it's not glitched..it doesn't exist. Unless Rocksteady decides to add them in a patch or something.
#7spidey_fanPosted 11/24/2011 9:33:25 AM
[This message was deleted at the request of the original poster]
#8OmniNakagoPosted 11/24/2011 10:36:46 AM
It doesn't exist in the PC version. The achievements that are missing were replaced with different ones.
---
"God is a comedian, playing to an audience that is too afraid to laugh." -Voltaire
steamcommunity.com/id/nepenthes / twitter.com/epolsen
#9chaostdkPosted 11/25/2011 4:51:05 AM
Thrust posted...
Considering I had to wait an extra month to play this, and it has more bugs then the console versions, I will be saying this at any opportunity I get. I love PC gaming, far more then my console gaming past. It's a shame that this had to take longer to make, yet has more problems.

They used Arkham City as a selling point for the graphics card I got. It was listed right there, "Play it the way it was meant to be played" and on top of that the model I got was listed as the "ultimate" way to play it.

So I dish out $300+ for this card. I get excited that I can play a game that was designed around the hardware, and a great franchise to boot. Then Steam wont launch the game, I have to manually click the .exe file. Then I find out DirectX 11, which I was pitched as the "only way to play" doesn't work, and then atleast one achievement is broken in the first 15 minutes of the game. Why the hell did they delay the game, and how did they miss glitches that took me less then a half hour to run into?

well... the game isn't broken as far as the achievements go. you couldnt get it because it doesn't exist for pc. though one quick browse at the achievements list on steam could have told you that.
#10BrucelEEeeeeePosted 11/25/2011 9:52:34 AM
i got "catch" achievement without even knowing what i was doing.. it is definitely in the pc version. :|
i threw a remote baterang through a cage towards a riddler trophy but i u-turned it around and it landed in my pocket. then an achievement popped up. lol. i thought it was cute.
---
http://steamcommunity.com/id/BrucelEEeeeee
http://www.youtube.com/Bruce****inlEEeeeee [replace ***** rhymes with cluckin]