Who plays with mouse/keyboard?

#11BlochWaverPosted 12/6/2011 4:18:30 PM
OhGood posted...
For games like this I strictly play with a 360 controller.

Same for the witcher 2.

Ehh, I can see this game, but not TW2
---
Back again
#12payne_masterPosted 12/6/2011 4:20:32 PM
BlochWaver posted...
OhGood posted...
For games like this I strictly play with a 360 controller.

Same for the witcher 2.

Ehh, I can see this game, but not TW2
---
Back again

Have you tried TW2 with a gamepad? I played the first with keyboard/mouse, but with the new combat system I found TW2 much easier to play with a controller... definitely playable with keyboard/mouse, but definitely better with gamepad in my opinion.
#13BlochWaverPosted 12/6/2011 5:13:21 PM
I played through TW2 and had zero issues with the controls. I can't recall a single instance where my inability to manipulate the controls caused me even the slightest inconvenience. I could access every function I needed, and do every thing I needed to do, as soon as I decided to do so. Never accidentally cast a sign instead of block (well, excluding the necessary learning curve. You'd hit the wrong button once or twice on any control system while getting the hang of it). And I say that with confidence because, really, the controls on TW2 are dirt simple and are a pretty classic keyboard setup (which makes sense since the game was developed FOR PC) .

So, at best, at absolute best, a gamepad could only be equal, for me

Now, for AC the problem with the keyboard is that you've run out of the "zero-reach" keys when you get to quickfire, so you have to be a scroll wheel master, or you have to get good at quickly double-tapping a number button. I could see the controller having an advantage, but by this point I've just gotten proficient at hitting 1-3, which are mainly what I use anyways
---
Back again
#14PsyEdPosted 12/6/2011 5:31:10 PM
Yes 3rd person always with 360 controller...but not TW2...I need k/m for that!
---
PsyEd on 360 & PSN
#15Frag_ManiacPosted 12/7/2011 12:29:23 AM

Yeah I brake the batathang, of course. Sometimes it helps to nearly get it to do a 2nd 90 degree turn if I yank the mouse up or down to get it to tilt, kinda like a batathang break dance, but then it gets hard to control.

I did however read what may be the best advice so far in the thread I made about it, being to focus aim withthe laser dot vs looking at the batathang.

Sorry for derailing the thread though, wasn't foreseeing all the reponses about just the rangotang thang.

#16ErpyPosted 12/7/2011 12:56:57 AM
Yep, mouse and keyboard all the way. I did notice the map controls are hardcoded to use WASD. (I'm an ESDF-er myself) At first I had trouble mapping all the special moves and quickfire gadgets, but eventually I managed to find a configuration that gives me quick access to all combat options without having to double-tap anything.
#17_Elite_Bushido_Posted 12/7/2011 1:12:00 AM

I've played this game on both the Xbox 360 and on the PC, and for me controlling Bats (specially the remote controlled batarangs and the AR training) with a keyboard and mouse is way easier than controlling him with a gamepad, although that just might be me sucking with a gamepad.. The only hard part is using the quickfire gadgets in combat.

So, who else plays with mouse/keyboard?

im the opposite. i can NOT play this without a gamepad. mouse/keyboard is no bueno
---
R.I.P. Patrice O'Neal
11/29/11
#18G-LordPosted 12/7/2011 2:01:47 AM

Bb/m feel great to me. To me, the deciding factor if I play a 3rd person game with kb/m is how direct the mouse controls feel. Sometimes they simply feel like remapped analog stick controls, but I have no compaints in this game.