Neji Counter

#1Capri4lifePosted 11/17/2010 8:14:38 AM
Ok so I'm new to this game, I have a friend that has consistently beat me with Neji for the last couple days. He grabs alot and I cant seem to counter act that, I think I was caught in a grab about 9 times a match. So my question would be if you were playing someone like that which characters would you use and what kinda of straegy would you use during the fight. Oh and I think I would like to stay away from using SM Naruto, Dedarai, and Itachi, just so that when I finally do win he can attribute it to that, im open to all other characters thou.
#2tylerx27Posted 11/17/2010 8:20:13 AM
Long Range > Neji.

The best way to avoid his grab is to get better at KnJ'ing really, that's the only advice I can give. Also when you do KnJ, keep your fingers over the block button because 90% of the time, they'll try to launch a Kaiten. Punish them with a jutsu/ougi when it's ended though
---
Isn't it sad, Ilya?~ ;_;
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v310/Qazicle/UBWspoilers.gif
#3Capri4life(Topic Creator)Posted 11/17/2010 8:31:01 AM
Ok , problem thou, I spend alot of time on this board spectating and I never understand alot of the terms used here, could you explain what KnJ and Ouigi are? I think the only term I knew what Jutsu lol.
#4CreizazPosted 11/17/2010 8:32:34 AM
http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/982706-naruto-shippuden-ultimate-ninja-storm-2/57081937

The answer lies within...
---
PSN: Creizaz
#5IchipooPosted 11/17/2010 8:39:37 AM
If you can get Neji to completely miss his Kaiten/Rotation jutsu or KnJ during the early parts of it, depending on your character's ougi and how well you time it, you can punish him with it.
---
http://www.youtube.com/chaos1778
Currently playing: Final Fantasy XIII, Metal Gear Solid: Peace Walker, BlazBlue: Continuum Shift, and Persona 3 Portable
#6Capri4life(Topic Creator)Posted 11/17/2010 8:40:08 AM
Thanks. I think I might go with Shikamaru, I notied that after Neji does his Jutsu I can do my Ougi immediately after and it will catch him. Problem is thou that Jutsu does a number on my shields, so its not really something that I could consistently punish with. What characters would you guys consider "Rang" characters other then the obvious puppet masters, I am horrible with the puppet users.
#7keaneplayPosted 11/17/2010 1:38:56 PM
If you are looking for pure all out range characters then Temari and Tenten work. Dedeira is the most popular range character that I've come across though.
---
PSN ID: keaneplay
To Buy: Journey, GT5, Ultimate Sega Megadrive Collection, Bleach PS3!!
#8beatoyPosted 11/17/2010 11:36:14 PM
Hahaha I use Neji and the things you people are telling him to do to counter Neji doesn't really work on me. But of course if the person using neji is a moderately good player than Deidara or long range might work but it has never worked on me. And I'm a Kajin. Wanna practice though? Add my psn o1i73r
#9xxGoDxoFxWaRxxPosted 11/18/2010 12:26:49 AM
^ Are you trying to argue that your not completely vulnerable if you miss or they sub your jutsu? lol