How can I import my DAO character if... *** DAO spoilers ***

#1hayashihasukoPosted 2/17/2010 11:12:05 AM

How can I import my DAO character if I played as a female Human Noble and chose to remain in Fereldan as Queen? Does that mean that character is as good as dead in Awakening?

On a side note, will Alistair still make an appearance if he was not chosen as King but remained alive and a Grey Warden?

#2Skull_RuckusPosted 2/17/2010 11:26:04 AM
Don't know yet.

AND

Don't know yet.

Even if your the queen your still going to be killing things though. Look at your MUM she kicked ass.
#3Vaoris_KlawPosted 2/17/2010 4:30:55 PM
I don't know what would happen when you import but I do know how you import. Use the link below, it may provide some insight to further questions.

http://dragonage.bioware.com/awakening/faq/#q1-1
---
Hippopotomonstrosesquippedaliophobia- Fear of long words
www.youtube.com/profile?user=Vaoris
#4The-ProdigyPosted 2/18/2010 2:31:38 PM

my character is a dead grey warden. How does that work?

#5Vaoris_KlawPosted 2/18/2010 8:28:28 PM
They will still let you import your old character if you don't want to follow your original story, but you can also play as an Orlesian Grey Warden. Taken from the site FAQ:

2.3 If my PC died at the end of Dragon Age: Origins how are they alive in Dragon Age: Origins - Awakening? (Back to top)

If a player wants to, they can import their "Dead Warden" into Awakening and play as them. For the story it's assumed that they didn't make the ultimate sacrifice, instead somehow survived. A player would start as the same level with the same gear as their "Dead Warden". Essentially, if a player doesn't have a problem hand-waiving the story in this regard - neither do we.

---
#6Pvt_r3dPosted 2/19/2010 11:54:24 PM
" For the story it's assumed that they didn't make the ultimate sacrifice, instead somehow survived"

I really hate this. You somehow survive but have no explanation how... I hope they have some characters in Awakening at least acknowledge the fact that you somehow survived. A "WTF H@x0Rz!" from one of the npcs in game to the PC would suffice.
#7VmodePosted 2/20/2010 7:30:44 AM
Wait, if you did sacrifice your guy during the end of DA:O? If you "For the story it's assumed that they didn't make the ultimate sacrifice, instead somehow survived." then how do they explain the Arch Demon being dead? Do they kill of Alister to make that scenario fit?

This of course assumes you refused Morigans option of making a demon freak baby (as I did, no way in hell I'm gonna give that crazy ass ***** access to that level of magic mojo <_<).

---
"Better to reign in Hell, than serve in Heaven" - John Milton, Paradise Lost.
#8Vaoris_KlawPosted 2/20/2010 10:39:01 AM
If a player wants to, they can import their "Dead Warden" into Awakening and play as them. For the story it's assumed that they didn't make the ultimate sacrifice, instead somehow survived. A player would start as the same level with the same gear as their "Dead Warden". Essentially, if a player doesn't have a problem hand-waiving the story in this regard - neither do we.

Basically, if you decide to import your dead warden its not canon.
---
#9VmodePosted 2/20/2010 12:03:01 PM
So the arch demon is dead, Alister is alive, Morrigan didn't get her demon freak baby and my guy somehow ends up alive with the only justification that he "somehow" managed to survive slaying the arch demon?

Hey, that sound all right to me :D

---
"Better to reign in Hell, than serve in Heaven" - John Milton, Paradise Lost.
#10Zoro900_Posted 2/21/2010 12:39:52 AM

Read the fricking quote. As stated if you're willing to ignore your own decision from the first game just to not have to make a new character then that's fine but dont except any real justification since you're essentially trying to eat and keep the cookie at the same time.