Vigil's Keep vs. Amaranthine (Some big spoilers kids)

#1Omni_SnakePosted 3/22/2010 2:53:02 PM
So I upgraded the walls of Vigil's Keep(80 gold + granite and soldiers), upgraded the armor all the way I think, I distributed soldiers equally throught the arling. Yet when I chose to try to save Amaranthine, and did so saving its people, the keep was destroyed. What gives? Is it one or the other?

The arling or the wardens?
---
Official Monster Hunter Bard~!
Dual Wielding two 1h ~*STARFANGS*~
#2DelixePosted 3/22/2010 2:57:43 PM
Did you upgrade the explosives with the Lyrium sand as well? You have to do all the upgrades.
#3GamemakoPosted 3/22/2010 3:02:39 PM
Did you get the achievement for fully upgrading the place?

If you didn't, you didn't fully upgrade it.
#4Omni_Snake(Topic Creator)Posted 3/22/2010 3:08:37 PM
Well I told Dworfkin to be careful. But I'm pretty sure I gave him all Lyrium sand possible, I would have to check if I got the achievement or not.

But from what I can glean the upgrades are:

- Armor from Wade (1 Silverite Ore, 2 Pure Iron(s))
- Siege Walls (80g, Granite Ore, Soldiers)
- Dworfkin's Explosives (4 Lyrium Sand?)
---
Dual Wielding two 1h ~*STARFANGS*~
#5ChickenHunter08Posted 3/22/2010 4:09:56 PM
Like everyone said check if you got the achievement. But, I think you are missing an ore from Wade. There are 3 different kinds, I cant remember what the third one was though.... There was one in the Basement of the Keep, then in Kil'Hirol, and then in the Silverite Mines.
---
Snarf snarf you wanna get drunk snarf snarf
#6ParadoxalEventsPosted 3/22/2010 4:41:44 PM
^ well, he said he got *2* pure irons, and 1 silverite, so I'm guessing that covers all three locations?
#7Sparda XPosted 3/22/2010 4:51:57 PM
I think one of those iron ores is used in making one of Wade's weapons or armours rather than used for the soldiers.
---
A clever little bleeder, was Oscar Wilde. He once defined a cynic as a man who knows the price of everything and the value of nothing. Call me a cynic, then.
#8Sparda XPosted 3/22/2010 4:53:22 PM
Yeah, according to the Dragon Age wiki, each ore should be a different type:
- Verdium Located Underneath Vigil's Keep
- Iron ore located in a Iron ore depsoit Kal'Hirol
- Silverite ore located in the Sliverite mine in the Wending Woods
---
A clever little bleeder, was Oscar Wilde. He once defined a cynic as a man who knows the price of everything and the value of nothing. Call me a cynic, then.
#9Omni_Snake(Topic Creator)Posted 3/22/2010 5:01:06 PM
Yeah I got all those.

And I even got the part in the epilogue where it mentioned that my soldiers became "The Silver Order"
---
Wielding The Mighty ~*Vigilance*~
#10Sparda XPosted 3/22/2010 5:05:12 PM
What exactly did the epilogue say? I decided to stay and defend the city as well. In my epilogue, it said that the Keep was able to hold out for more than a week and the soldiers were able to kill a large portion of the Darkspawn but that it eventually fell. However, due to me protecting the city, they were able to rebuild the Keep within five years and that it eventually became bigger and more important than Amaranthine.
---