Dragon Age Awakening Console (Talent and Approval) (Yea, I know it's old)

#1Spy3028Posted 3/25/2011 8:30:28 AM
I know this isn't exactly short, but please read through it, I appreciate it.

First of all, yes, I know it's old; 'very' old now with DA2 out. However I'm replaying DAO/DAA and all the DLCs to get a 'perfect' complete save to import into DA2.

Next, the console... the whole point. This time around, I'm using the console (I only consider the money, approval, and talent commands to be tame enough to keep the game fun) . Also, because I'm using the console this time around, could anyone tell me if that will affect anything in DA2? Some games block stuff (like achievements, ect.) if you use a cheat but that doesn't seem to be the case yet but I don't know if it will affect DA2. Now for my actual question:

I'm at the end of the game (before defending Ama/Keep) and I ?somehow? haven't gotten Oghren's approval high enough for him to discuss Felsi again and therefore complete his quest. I have everyone else at 100 with all gifts given properly but for some reason, even though I am constant holding down the button on the side of my mouse that I assigned to highlight usable objects, I can't find "Dragon Piss" or "West Hill Brandy" and even if/when I do, I highly doubt that will get me from where he is now (42!!), to 100 as everyone else is. (Before you ask, no, I haven't upset him and lost any approval)
As a sidenote, I think it's rather lame that gifts not 'meant' for the specific person (including ones that came over from my DAO save) only give a +1 boost. This being the case, I searched for the console commands. What I'm confused about is both the 'add approval' command and the 'add talent' command (might as well use it if I'm cheating anyway).

The add approval command I've found is "runscript zz_gxa_addapproval". I've tried it with and without the "gxa" part, and with and without a number at the end (like the money command). I've also tried just "runscript addapproval" with and without a number. To eliminate some issues that may come up, the numbers I've tried would not put him over 100 and I've tried having him selected (as the page tells you to), having him up in the inventory screen but my PC selected, and just plain having my PC selected like normal. No good.

I figured if a 'console expert' decides to look at this thread, I may as well include my confusion about the talent command. The add talent command, which I've found shown as "runscript addtalent [Talent ID]" seems to be very confusing and lacking in pattern.
I'm wondering first, if you need the brackets around the Talent ID. I wonder this because the site that had this command used "x" when there was a variable, not brackets. For example, it would say "runscript zz_money2 x ... where x is the amount of money" instead of something like "runscript zz_money2 [Amount of Money]". It's inconsistent if you don't need the brackets for the talent command. I'd like to know two things about this command.
- Can someone give a little explanation about the rational behind the actual Talent ID number? The few I've found seem totally random.
- Could someone provide a list/link of the Talent ID's and let me know whether or not the brackets are needed. I could find out through experiment of course but I won't be using the command until I get a good reply so the answer to the to the bracket part may as well be included.

I'd greatly appreciate any help, and again, sorry I couldn't make this shorter.
#2engimamanPosted 3/25/2011 3:12:56 PM
this could have been ALOT shorter (I don’t need to know everything)

just type in “runscript zz_gxa_addapproval” and then space then put in a name or something then select a number and who ever is selected will gain said approval..
so it should look like this : “runscript zz_gxa_addapproval Oghren 55” so if Justice is selected then Justice will gain 55 approval
as for Talents IDs go to dragon age wiki

this so goddamn hard to read...
---
"Light travels faster than sound. That's why people appear bright before you hear them speak."
#3Spy3028(Topic Creator)Posted 3/25/2011 7:43:57 PM
engimaman posted...
this could have been ALOT shorter (I don't need to know everything)

just type in "runscript zz_gxa_addapproval" and then space then put in a name or something then select a number and who ever is selected will gain said approval..
so it should look like this : "runscript zz_gxa_addapproval Oghren 55" so if Justice is selected then Justice will gain 55 approval
as for Talents IDs go to dragon age wiki

this so goddamn hard to read...
---
"Light travels faster than sound. That's why people appear bright before you hear them speak."

Sorry, I told you I was/am always long-winded. I prefer to add ALL the details and get an answer ASAP then to not include ENOUGH details and get responses asking me "Did you try this? How about this?". That's just a waste of time.

I do, however, thank you for your answer (especially considering just how bad you seemed to hate how long it was). I didn't see the Talent ID list on the Wiki, but I'll look again, and I thought of adding the name for the approval command but I really didn't think that would work. I suppose now that I should have tried it before bothering anyone. I've seen some pretty d@mn frivolous posts though, so oh well. Despite the 'insults', thank you very much.