Getting zodiac to appear in story mode?

#1SilverMERKPosted 3/23/2012 9:05:41 PM
Im looking to get the giga missile UW but in order to do that you need to complete all story missions, and order missions, and get zodiac to appear in a story mission. ive completed all order and story missions. but i dont know how to get zodiac to appear. any ideas?
#2snotesPosted 3/24/2012 12:43:17 AM
http://gamers-high.com/ac5/mission/rush-power.html

This is the only info I can find, but it translates very badly. Seems legit, however. Story Mission 01 dinged for me yesterday.
---
I dont like being outdoors, Smithers. For one thing, theres too many fat children.
#3daemeon67Posted 3/24/2012 12:53:24 AM
seriously how did you manage to kill everything and make it into the tunnel in under 4 minutes? Killing everything alone takes around 6+.
#4snotesPosted 3/24/2012 1:21:49 AM
Oh god! You're right - that seems unreasonable! I got that subquest while looking at another page on the website that lists all the other subquests for that Mission. Just go as fast as you can and it'll probably pop. I was using a real light MW, two KO-3K2's (the four-stack shotgun), a Fenugrec extra magazine, and two KO-4H4/Mifeng's to punch the train.
---
I dont like being outdoors, Smithers. For one thing, theres too many fat children.
#5daemeon67Posted 3/24/2012 1:42:16 AM
Ok so since you actually got them to show up when exactly does it show up during the tunnel sequence?
#6snotesPosted 3/24/2012 3:09:25 AM
That's the thing - nothing was out of the ordinary. I killed the Police AC and it popped as soon as the cinematic started. Or he replaced the Police AC and I didn't notice. I was going as fast as I could that time, and I skipped his intro cutscene and HEAT piled the poor guy as soon as he appeared. Lucky shot for me, honestly.
---
#7DarkFireKuriPosted 3/24/2012 6:40:45 AM
Does one have to finish a certain number of Story or Order missions before the Zodiac ACs even pop up? I'm asking since I haven't done anything past Story Mission 01 in hopes of being able to get that Zodiac member before advancing.
#8daemeon67Posted 3/24/2012 3:11:33 PM
If you only remember killing one AC in the mission the zodiac member must replace the Police at the end which would make the most sense anyway. After all it's easier and faster from a development stand point to switch which AC gets loaded via a simple true/false check then it is to build a second encounter which is triggered via basically the same true/false check.

Do you remember if you got all the scrap when you got Zodiac to show up or was it just killing everything quickly?
#9bom12826Posted 3/24/2012 3:24:31 PM
Thank God i preordered the game
#10onthetilt69Posted 3/24/2012 3:27:34 PM
It aint nothin special