Tips and Tricks

#1ZeroUnderOnePosted 3/24/2012 5:32:21 PM
I want to pool all the tips and tricks people have discovered or have carried over from previous games. Please post regardless of how obvious/simple the tip and trick may seem.

Here's one:

-You can bypass the cooldown/lag animation of a blade attack by boost charging. I like to boost charge in, blade attack, boost out or boost charge again. Doesn't affect reload time but it is better than standing there waiting for your blade to retract.
---
Wii Code: 1721 8117 3462 1941 Name: Wiirair MHTri: PE22TP
XBL tag: ZeroUnderFive PSN: ZeroUnderOne
#2PhestezeoPosted 3/24/2012 9:12:06 PM
I've found that if you want to turn quickly you can turn your boosters off while holding either left or right and your AC will turn a quarter of a circle in that direction. I've only only really done this while on the ground but I'm sure it works even if you're airborne.

Another one, a very basic tip, is that you can just hold X (default jump button) to wall jump. Most of my friends will repeatedly push the X button so they can jump off a wall as soon as possible, but if you hold the button down then your AC will just do it on its own.
---
"If I was a dev, I would be proud to point out in a game I made that the best weapon to kill a hoard of children was the flamethrower." - Gigabomber
#3YT_RazoRPosted 3/24/2012 9:32:15 PM
Phestezeo posted...
I've found that if you want to turn quickly you can turn your boosters off while holding either left or right and your AC will turn a quarter of a circle in that direction. I've only only really done this while on the ground but I'm sure it works even if you're airborne.

actually it doesn't :/ I've tried
---
http://www.shadowcompanyhq.com - tell them SC-Evangel sent you
Check out my youtube! http://www.youtube.com/RZRteevee
#4PhestezeoPosted 3/24/2012 9:55:46 PM
YT_RazoR posted...
Phestezeo posted...

Now that is disappointing.
---
"If I was a dev, I would be proud to point out in a game I made that the best weapon to kill a hoard of children was the flamethrower." - Gigabomber
#5KillersRQuiet76Posted 3/24/2012 10:03:20 PM
I've found in the Lighter builders, if you Hold quick boost for the second part of it while turning it increases the turn speed noticeably, especially when you are going really fast.......but does a killer drain to your energy.

If you can tolerate staying in Scan Mode for most of the time and plan to use the Quick boost primarily to Dodge and retreat to cover, the High Capacity Generators are the best if you keep the Recharge at around 5k. You can typically get 2 full quick boost and 1 short one in a row before red zoning, just enough to drasticly change your position normally. Then in Scan mode it should charge back up to a useable level in no more than 6ish seconds.
---
A hoe isn't a woman, thier Porperty.
Take that Grammar Nazi!
#6YT_RazoRPosted 3/24/2012 10:03:26 PM
Phestezeo posted...

eh, as long as you can stay close to buildings and thrust away in whatever direction you need, it doesn't really bother me.
---
http://www.shadowcompanyhq.com - tell them SC-Evangel sent you
Check out my youtube! http://www.youtube.com/RZRteevee
#7FiGhTiNCoWBoYPosted 3/24/2012 10:11:29 PM
here's a nice one I just discovered, if you're fighting on a map with water and cut your boosts so that you fall into the water, if you're completely submerged your enemies can't lock onto you, makes for an innovate way to sneak up on an enemy AC lol
#8obliviondollPosted 3/25/2012 3:40:24 AM
Phestezeo posted...
YT_RazoR posted...
Phestezeo posted...

I've seen someone in a video who turned boosters off in mid-air, dropped to the ground, then spun as they landed, and took off instantly at a 90 degree angle from where they'd been flying. Looked like a difficult move to keep track of if you were chasing the guy.

Slight variation on the tactic, but sounds to me like a good one.
---
"I want my meals to think for myself"
#9kalgi21Posted 3/25/2012 4:35:44 AM
-Being in Scan mode boosts your energy recovery.
-Don't underestimate your Boost charge :D
#10eberheartPosted 3/25/2012 7:36:14 AM
FiGhTiNCoWBoY posted...
here's a nice one I just discovered, if you're fighting on a map with water and cut your boosts so that you fall into the water, if you're completely submerged your enemies can't lock onto you, makes for an innovate way to sneak up on an enemy AC lol

Actually people can lock on to you under the water. Will they think to look there? Maybe not, but they can lock on and shoot you while you under water. Defiantly can find you in scan mode.