my comrades of The Night's Watch

#1bearded_moosePosted 4/9/2012 9:24:25 AM
first off, i want to apologize for my absence these last weeks.

i play a lot of different games with many different friends (for some friends who have moved away recently, it's the only means i have of communicating with them regularly) and as a result, my initial fervor regarding this game has been tempered.

i'm glad i was able to get all of you together, but as of today, i'm making my sabbatical official. i will be online after work today to make one of you the Team leader, since i don't know when i'll be online again.

i will say that i will probably be getting online later this month since it's a dead month for me as far as game releases. good hunting gents.

BTW, last night's episode of Game of Thrones was a frigging mindblow.
---
Every fanboy needs a troll to keep him disillusioned.
#2AeonPhreakPosted 4/9/2012 6:54:13 PM
Well, sad to see ya go. I will be on later today. I gotta get a copy of the emblem before ya take leave tho. Emblem is too dope.

As far as leader is concerned, its entirely up to you. I just respectfully request that someone who is on often takes the lead. Sadly, I feel as if I haven't seen many people on often except T2, gray fox (he on vacation right now tho as he stated, otherwise he's a regular), and myself. Really, that's all i can say as far as guys who's been on most often.

T2 and I worked yesterday to defend our territories. We had 2 at 0AP. Of course once T2 had to leave, then we get attacked. Fortunately, I was able to defend both territories with help of couple mercs. My goal is to establish ourselves as a more formidable team in this game. I hope we can achieve that. Will talk to you in person, but thanks for the advice and tutelage as I've enjoyed battling alongside you. Of course, will still seeya on PSN.
#3MotoFoxKDX1Posted 4/10/2012 7:44:04 AM
Hate to see you go but I completely understand. I have a couple friends who I don't get to see often as well and only talk to them if were playing some game together. I'm still on vacation as Aeon said (not sure your PSN name, lol). I was just browsing the boards this morning on my phone but yeah haven't noticed a lot of people besides the same few people. I'll keep track of the topic when I can but won't be home till saturday to really see what's going on. I do suggest sending messages to other people who have been inactive to see if they still have interest in playing or something.
---
"Be who you are and say what you feel because those who mind don't matter and those that matter don't mind." -- Dr. Seuss
#4Myself9Posted 4/10/2012 9:10:22 AM
I haven't played since Sunday. I screwed around for a while waiting for other teammates, but no one ever loggied in. Guess it was because of Zombie Jesus day?

I was shocked and overjoyed when I saw that you guys had taken a few territories last week. Nice work!

I would definitely put more time into this game if we had stronger leadership. No offense Moose, I completely understand where you're coming from. Too many games, not enough time :)
---
PSN ID: Myself9
blap
#5bearded_moose(Topic Creator)Posted 4/10/2012 12:50:26 PM
sorry i wasn't on yesterday. my Uncle passed away.

i'll give over the leader rights tonight when i get home.
---
Every fanboy needs a troll to keep him disillusioned.
#6neogenoPosted 4/10/2012 11:12:28 PM
bearded_moose posted...
sorry i wasn't on yesterday. my Uncle passed away.

i'll give over the leader rights tonight when i get home.

You dont have to apologize for things like that. Handle family matters before the games. Sad to see you go though. We'll do our best to hold the fort.
---
Early to rise and early to bed makes a man healthy but socially dead.
#7AeonPhreakPosted 4/10/2012 11:22:30 PM
Sorry to hear about your uncle, moose. I appreciate your consideration as well in making me leader for the time being. My psn is Eminent_Shadow. Sounds like motofox is grayfox & "myself" obviously "myself."

My focus as interim leader is to produce an active ac5 environment where we all get better in our own tactics, ac building, and working with each other. Also an environment where we can adequately invade and defend territory as well as free battle team battle other teams. I sent out a generic message to everyone in our team via PSN which is as follows:

"I just trying to find out who is still active on our team. as leader, it gets very difficult trying to defend territories on my own with mercs who may not be mic'd or trusted. i'd like to see our team flourish in the ac5 community. With that being said, i ask that folks be on for a couple of hours at least 2-3 times per week mic'ed. its disappointing being in an empty lobby. if u have the same enthusiasm for this game, please let me know. if ur tired of the game and don't play anymore, please let me know. I just look forward to having more of an active team where we can do territory battles as a team and free battles as a team. I just need everyone's support."

With respect to an active community, I stated couple of hours a day for 2 or 3 times a week. I felt it was a fair requisite for casual players on our team, however I really wish everyone would be on MUCH more. If you guys can give more than 2-3 times a week for couple hours a day that'd be awesome. I guarantee you'll see me on there because I've fallen in love with this game and should really change my status to daily player, lol. I do understand that we all have lives outside of this game. I just know that things will be much more enjoyable for everyone if we have a more active community. I haven't even PVP'ed team battles yet with my own team for crying out loud! haha. I've had to do territory defenses with mercs only (which I understand may happen occasionally).

For those of you reading this seeking an active team, feel free to join "The Night's Watch" as there are several openings on our team and potentially more. I welcome any suggestions and comments as interim team leader. I'm just striving to produce an active enjoyable environment for those who have enthusiasm to play.
---
PSN-Eminent_Shadow
#8MotoFoxKDX1Posted 4/11/2012 7:11:00 AM
Yeah I'll obviously be more active once I get back and help out with whatever, but sounds like you got a good grasp on things and would be what I would of done. Hopefully we can get some more active members and be able to field a team most of the time.
---
"Be who you are and say what you feel because those who mind don't matter and those that matter don't mind." -- Dr. Seuss
#9Myself9Posted 4/11/2012 8:51:39 AM
Sorry to hear about your Uncle, Moose. Feel for you, man.

Aeon, thanks for taking the reigns. I've had fun playing with you and I think you'll do a great job.
My psn messages to you weren't very specific, so to clarify:
I'm on from ~ 6pm-9pm Thu and Fri nights, and ~11am-9pm on weekends Mountain time. I still play a few other games, so if you're planning something big and see that I'm on, don't hesitate to psn message me to let me know I need to ready up :)
I usually run a few missions in the morning to try to farm 50-100k team points.

Mic'd up.

Are you in Hawaii? Can't recall.
---
PSN ID: Myself9
blap
#10AeonPhreakPosted 4/11/2012 12:29:51 PM
yep, I'm currently living in Hawaii. Thanks for informing me of your timezone.
---
PSN-Eminent_Shadow