Shouldn't there be a shoulder unit that........

#1SairosPosted 4/25/2012 10:53:07 PM
Boosts the effect of the UW?

Or one that deals Thermal Damage, all the shoulder based weapons are either Kinetic or Chemical.

Also.....anyone else think the duration of the mines is too short? They can't really be used in any tactical manner when they detonate 20 seconds after release.
#2obliviondollPosted 4/25/2012 11:01:26 PM
TE shoulder weapon = EN Amps.

It goes on your shoulder, and it means you deal more TE damage.

Most shoulder parts are automated, or are missiles with multiple lock-on. And too many TE weapons would break your generator.

For Ultimate Weapons, if you need them to be more powerful, you're doing it wrong. Also, check out the full set of stats on your core. There's a "conductivity" stat or something (I'd check, but my replacement HDD for my PS3 hasn't arrived yet) which affects charge times and things, and can make a big difference to their effectiveness.
---
"I want my meals to think for myself"
#3obliviondollPosted 4/25/2012 11:02:27 PM
And I've seen a lot of fights in ACV that don't even last 20 seconds. The time limit means you have to be a bit more careful about how you use them, but it doesn't negate the tactical value.
---
#4Sairos(Topic Creator)Posted 4/25/2012 11:10:20 PM
What I meant was a shoulder unit that would perhaps speed up the charge rate of the UW, or perhaps allow you to activate it a second time.

And as for the Amplifiers, those things are not particularly useful due to energy weapons already having a monstrous drain even with the highest output generator. And there are all these weapons, the automated guns, the rockets, the missiles, the mines, what is wrong with wanting some energy based weapon used in the shoulders? Perhaps something like those small pods you could release in the earlier Armored cores that would float in the air and shoot small laser blasts at enemies that got close.
#5obliviondollPosted 4/25/2012 11:18:04 PM
Sairos posted...
And as for the Amplifiers, those things are not particularly useful due to energy weapons already having a monstrous drain even with the highest output generator.

And having more EN based weapons on your AC would somehow be less of a problem? EN Amps are GREAT if you build your AC around them and the weapons they help.

I'd like them to bring back EO cores, and making shoulder weapons that function like them would be a nice compromise, so I'll concede that point. Keep my previous post as an explanation for why they didn't though. Having a pop-up energy turret on your shoulder that drains energy by being active would be all kinds of awesome.

But with UWs, like I said, pick a more appropriate core (I think legs as well) to get improved charge times. They're NOT MEANT TO BE PRACTICAL. UWs are there as something over-the-top and ridiculous, but not really suitable for normal situations.
---
#6Bleu_tigerPosted 4/25/2012 11:32:35 PM
The term you are looking for in the core is "Thermal Resistance".
---
PSN: Kr0zBoNE (GMT+8)
ACV | DkS | ACAH
#7obliviondollPosted 4/25/2012 11:35:10 PM
Bleu_tiger posted...
The term you are looking for in the core is "Thermal Resistance".

Yeah, that one.

I'm sure there's something about "conductivity" on a part somewhere that also affects it...

But it's been over a week since my PS3 was working, so I could be wrong.
---
#8OmegaShinkaiPosted 4/25/2012 11:39:38 PM
If you think energy amplifiers are worthless, you haven't seen what a dual energy amp power spec Karasawa can do fully charged.
#9AnotherZPosted 4/26/2012 12:31:48 AM
obliviondoll posted...
Sairos posted...
And as for the Amplifiers, those things are not particularly useful due to energy weapons already having a monstrous drain even with the highest output generator.

And having more EN based weapons on your AC would somehow be less of a problem? EN Amps are GREAT if you build your AC around them and the weapons they help.

I'd like them to bring back EO cores, and making shoulder weapons that function like them would be a nice compromise, so I'll concede that point. Keep my previous post as an explanation for why they didn't though. Having a pop-up energy turret on your shoulder that drains energy by being active would be all kinds of awesome.

But with UWs, like I said, pick a more appropriate core (I think legs as well) to get improved charge times. They're NOT MEANT TO BE PRACTICAL. UWs are there as something over-the-top and ridiculous, but not really suitable for normal situations.

They are main weapon for various tactic you know. UW are practically use in jp region and consider to be main core of both attack and defense side. Especially when you need to penetrate 10k territories that already have massive amount of advantage.
Example

Blitz with 2 multipulses as arrow head
2 tank 1 pulse to create confusion
1 pulse with recon jammer for curtain kill
1 melee with heatpile and grind blade to scare tank
Or 1 melee and only one with mass blade for blitz

Some people here even use UW purely for their infinite energy output and use kick to destroy everything.
My team have been faced a nightmare when solely 1 white AC equips with huge missile with out any other weapon and kick 3 of us to death.
#10obliviondollPosted 4/26/2012 2:13:55 AM
AnotherZ posted...
obliviondoll posted...
UWs are there as something over-the-top and ridiculous, but not really suitable for normal situations.

They are main weapon for various tactic you know. UW are practically use in jp region and consider to be main core of both attack and defense side. Especially when you need to penetrate 10k territories that already have massive amount of advantage.
Example

Blitz with 2 multipulses as arrow head
2 tank 1 pulse to create confusion
1 pulse with recon jammer for curtain kill
1 melee with heatpile and grind blade to scare tank
Or 1 melee and only one with mass blade for blitz

Some people here even use UW purely for their infinite energy output and use kick to destroy everything.
My team have been faced a nightmare when solely 1 white AC equips with huge missile with out any other weapon and kick 3 of us to death.

You know those examples prove my point, though, right?

Those aren't normal situations.

Those teams are creating tactics based around otherwise-impractical weapons.

If the enemy team doesn't see it coming, an attack built around UWs can be a near-guaranteed victory. If they have a good Operator and know what's coming before you hit them, they have a near-guaranteed victory.
---