Connection Issues

#1albosniper0000Posted 4/30/2012 5:39:22 AM
So! Here is my story -

1. I have Comcast (doesnt help me situation)
2. I have high speed internet (their version 20-25mbps)
3. I just received a new modem (D2/3 Ubee)
4. I use a N Gigabit Router from Linksys

I can login in no problem, chat with my team, asemble my AC and such...but! When i start a conquest - disconnect, or if im defending, disconnect... you can imgain how frustrating this is for me and scary for my team when we are defendind a 10k++ rating...

I have tried setting a static IP for my PS3 and opening the necessary ports on my Linksys (didnt power cycle my linksys - maybe i shouldve) and i had the same issues last night.

My next options:
1. Retry the port opening thingy - power cycle everything.
2. Bypass my router and go Nat 1
3. Spend 100-150 on the sickest gaming router
4. increasing my MBPS...

Also, just to add - I have one wireless desktop, a mac book, a nook, two iphones and my PS3 on the network.... too much?

I NEED HELP!!!
---
PSN - albosniper0000
Armored Core Veteran
#2XRathalosXPosted 4/30/2012 9:56:35 AM
Comcast is not the greatest but what is this days. Where Im at Comcast is the best we got, and thats not saying much. MBPS is not the answer but NAT types. I bypass my router yesterday to achieve nat type 1 and reduce my connection problems to almost zero. But bypassing router is not practical since everyone in my household uses the wireless internet. But hopefully my ranting gives you a better insight.
#3albosniper0000(Topic Creator)Posted 4/30/2012 11:04:11 AM
XRathalosX posted...
Comcast is not the greatest but what is this days. Where Im at Comcast is the best we got, and thats not saying much. MBPS is not the answer but NAT types. I bypass my router yesterday to achieve nat type 1 and reduce my connection problems to almost zero. But bypassing router is not practical since everyone in my household uses the wireless internet. But hopefully my ranting gives you a better insight.

This seems to be my only (inexpensive) option. I guess my wife will just have to use her iphone's 4G vs. the wifi haha!

Im going to try this tonight and see what happens.

Comcast is sending my a gateway modem that has a hardwire option and is wireless... i hope this works...im really nervous about this...
---
PSN - albosniper0000
Armored Core Veteran
#4ShinpiPosted 4/30/2012 11:29:14 AM
My entire team has had similar issues all weekend. Aside from random game crashes after missions we hadnt had any connection trouble till this weekend. Leads me to believe theres something borked with the server itself.
---
Leader Of Green Flamingo AC5 PS3 clan. msg on PSN if interested in joining!
PSN: SnoH01
#5albosniper0000(Topic Creator)Posted 4/30/2012 11:46:01 AM
Shinpi posted...
My entire team has had similar issues all weekend. Aside from random game crashes after missions we hadnt had any connection trouble till this weekend. Leads me to believe theres something borked with the server itself.

Yea, i noticed - this happens when a 5v5 is about to start...
---
PSN - albosniper0000
Armored Core Veteran
#6XRathalosXPosted 4/30/2012 12:24:00 PM
albosniper0000 posted...
Shinpi posted...

Yea, i noticed - this happens when a 5v5 is about to start...

Yeah its happening to alnist everyone.
#7albosniper0000(Topic Creator)Posted 5/2/2012 9:10:29 AM
So!!! I tired ever possible combination -

Port forwarding
DMZing my router
bypassing my router and using my modem directly

all three are epic failures

Comcast sent me a third and final modem...their 'supreme' modem - its a gateway modem and router in one- we'll see tonight when i try it out

They said if the problem presists - they'll send a tech to my house to test everything....does this mean he has to pilot my AC?! umm hell no!

I tell them im a gamer and one person chuckled...i was like - you think its funny but some people make a living playing games and earn 5 times you do... she changed her tune...

If all else fails... 200 gaming router (keeping the receipt) - and if this works...Swat - you can say "i told you so" lol
---
PSN - albosniper0000
Armored Core Veteran