Armored Core VI/6

#1KagoJunichiroPosted 4/23/2012 8:06:15 PM
I honestly don't know what to say about Armored Core V/5. It seems like I have more bad things to say about it than good, which is a very sad heartbreaking shame. This game is a part of my childhood, and what started my love for giant robots. I mean, what would I be playing right now without Armored Core? Call of Booty? F*** that s***!

I'm just some G.I.R.L who wanted to make a name for himself in the Armored Core community. So I thought this would've been my chance. I was wrong, "why" you ask? It's because this game was a disappointment and ended up making me turn away from it. I'm not saying since i'm a long time fan i'm entitled to godly perfection(olololOLOLOL), just something that will keep me interested and seem like it was worked on.

Don't get me wrong though, I want to like Armored Core V/5, but it's just not doing it for me. The community is great, you're all cool guys & gals! So this is where Armored Core VI/6 comes in.
---
Xbox Live: Kago Junichiro
PSN ID: ArmoredAce
#2KagoJunichiro(Topic Creator)Posted 4/23/2012 8:18:49 PM
I hope with Armored Core VI/6 they keep it like this one, but expand it to what it should've been. I don't even know what'll be going on in my life around then. I'm a college student trying to get my life together for a better future. Will I even like Armored Core anymore? Will I even be playing games? I don't know, but I hope I will be. With my 360 still down at the moment i'm unable to play with any of you, or try to make a name for myself.

That's why I will just wait for Armored Core VI/6 to come out. It will be glorious, with many Gundamu fightos! I will be making an impact in the community! The time spent there will be fun and full of respect for other players. Once my 360 is fixed i'll probably be here and there in the game from time to time. Join a team, get in on those currently non-existent boss battles, and go for those "S" ranks. So untill then I hope you all have fun and keep the community together untill VI/6 is out.
---
#3St0kenPosted 4/23/2012 8:25:39 PM(edited)
This game is about as much fun as blowing up helicopters and waiting 12 hours for territories to be forfeited... oh wait, thats what it ended up being.

If you are still playing, you should join H3X again (not as bad as some people make us out to be), I still get on with a few members to do some free battles and stuff, other than that... unless it's patched (even then it probably wont address some of the main the mechanical failures) i'm not that hopeful, and feel your pain (Old school mech fan myself here).

I did get my rematch with those two clans btw (after most of us quit, I took it into my own hands) in the form of two 1 v 1's, I won 8-1 and 10-1 against two of the guys we were against :D! - More fun than playing the conquest from day 1.

Shoot me a friend req on Xbox if you like, and don't remove me this time.
---
No Risk = No Reward
| Xbox 360 ID: St0ken | PS3 ID: I_St0ken_I |
#4KagoJunichiro(Topic Creator)Posted 4/23/2012 8:29:07 PM
I definitely wouldn't remove you this time St0ken, I consider that my mistake for doing so. Congratulations on the victories too, I knew you could do it! What server are you on anyway? I'm on the U.S. server, it'd be a shame if we were split.
---
#5St0kenPosted 4/23/2012 8:36:24 PM
That's a shame, I didn't realise you were a US player, still send me a friend req, I keep in touch with a lot of Front Mission players... I'm EU.

Segregation is another issue I dislike about this game.
---
No Risk = No Reward
#6St0kenPosted 4/23/2012 8:49:18 PM(edited)
I understand your frustration in the first post, i'm at the same conclusion, this game has some great ideas (and a very flawed but fun combat system), as one of my friends put it, "I had more fun playing a couple of quick games of Halo Reach, than sitting on a menu staring for hours, doing nothing" a lot of people will return if they could do something about the conquest match up mode.
The boosting has killed it too, teams that don't want to make a second team just to reboost aps (like us) have no chance.. we hit an area for 12 hours with 10 people doing start mission's by themselves on 10'000-infinite to free up areas, the guys who are in spot 1 over here (two teams with the same name that own 4 areas) didn't even drop one area after the forfeit period.

From the trailer, I thought this was totally centered around pvp with some turret defence peppered in to mix it up.

I'm looking forward to Mechwarrior Online though (I heard they have the territory system done right), I like the slower mech games too.
---
No Risk = No Reward
#7KagoJunichiro(Topic Creator)Posted 4/23/2012 8:57:42 PM
Server segregation is a problem I have with this game too, although I can understand it with the Japanese. I say let the same language speaking people play together. I can say I also like the slower paced mech games like Chromehounds and Mech Warrior myself. Once my 360's repaired i'll definitely send you a friend request. I even have myself a headset now, so we can have ourselves a good chat as pals.
---
#8KagoJunichiro(Topic Creator)Posted 4/23/2012 9:00:39 PM
[This message was deleted at the request of the original poster]