How do you work the ultimate weapons?

#1phoneixfencerPosted 3/20/2012 12:44:08 PM
I imagine I got these to start with as part of the Gamestop pre order, it gives me 3 ultimate weapons to use. But whenever I try to use it, the robot voice just tells me an unknown device has connected and nothing happens. If I hold RT it looks like it's charging but it never fires. Anyone know how to work these?
---
In CoD you call in killstreaks to get kills for you. In Battlefield you watch your teammate kill you, steal the chopper and crash into the jet as he takes off!
#2Lunatic_FakerPosted 3/20/2012 12:55:35 PM
Some info would be great for me too haha.
#3phoneixfencer(Topic Creator)Posted 3/20/2012 1:19:45 PM
There's nothing in the "manual" about it (Am I the only one tired of these 2 page manuals that give you NO useful info and are half in French?)

I'm guessing it's something you unlock through the campaign or something, I don't even know if you're supposed to start with them and that's why it's not working.
---
In CoD you call in killstreaks to get kills for you. In Battlefield you watch your teammate kill you, steal the chopper and crash into the jet as he takes off!
#4derkaderka09Posted 3/20/2012 1:52:58 PM
phoneixfencer posted...
There's nothing in the "manual" about it (Am I the only one tired of these 2 page manuals that give you NO useful info and are half in French?)

I'm guessing it's something you unlock through the campaign or something, I don't even know if you're supposed to start with them and that's why it's not working.

From my experience yo have to hold down Y in order to switch it to the active weapon (at least not he tank legs, might be the standard bay switch command otherwise) then you hold down RT to charge and release when your ready to fire. Fair warning though, they cause a lot of distortion on your screen due to over heating.
#5phoneixfencer(Topic Creator)Posted 3/20/2012 2:37:22 PM
derkaderka09 posted...
phoneixfencer posted...

From my experience yo have to hold down Y in order to switch it to the active weapon (at least not he tank legs, might be the standard bay switch command otherwise) then you hold down RT to charge and release when your ready to fire. Fair warning though, they cause a lot of distortion on your screen due to over heating.

Yeah, that's what I've been doing. Soon as you switch to the weapon there's all sorts of warnings on screen and distortion. Then I hold RT to charge it, but that's it. No matter how long I charge it for, the weapon never fires. I don't know if there's a certain kind of generator or something you need that lets you use them, but I don't have it.
---
#6BerserkLeonPosted 3/20/2012 2:43:13 PM
Though this probably doesn't help much I can say that you definitely do not start with them normally. IIRC the first Overed Weapon (er ultimate, thank god bandai has good translaters) is only obtained once you beat all the story missions.
It would be kind of silly to only be able to use them once you beat the story missions (if you already have them), but I dont see any other explanation.
---
Pkmn Diamond friend code: 3738 2256 9810
Platinum FC: 5026 7382 9928
#7GamingCthulhuPosted 3/20/2012 2:51:16 PM
Taken from the Armored Core V Wiki here: http://armoredcore.wikia.com/wiki/Armored_Core_V

Overed weapons are the most powerful weapons in the game. They are built while purposefully ignoring AC's original scale and limits. Overed weapon can only be used once in every mission and cannot be used with hangar units at the same time. Once overed weapon are activated the generator of the AC will also disable its limiter, pushing its output to dangerously high levels. This gives the AC almost an infinite EN and enables the charging of the overed weapon (Charge speed depends on the weapon's charge capacity, generator's borderline output, and the core unit's EN trasmitting efficiency). The main system will warn you that it does not recongnize the unit and it is causing extensive damage to the system and try to tell you to stop using it . The AC will also take damage over time because of the stress put on the AC (depends on the heat tolerance of the core unit). A timer is displayed on the screen, the overed weapon can be charged and fire as many time as you can before the timer runs out. While using an overed weapon, the screen will distort, with the exception of your AP and the overed weapon charge meter. There are Five overed weapon in the game, each having their own unique usage and power.

So each weapon has a different Charge Threshold and depending on your ACs setup it can take longer to reach that threshold so you may have to tweak some things in order to use the Overcharged weapons properly. From the looks it really is all about building the AC around the weapon.
#8phoneixfencer(Topic Creator)Posted 3/20/2012 4:22:09 PM
GamingCthulhu posted...
Taken from the Armored Core V Wiki here: http://armoredcore.wikia.com/wiki/Armored_Core_V

Overed weapons are the most powerful weapons in the game. They are built while purposefully ignoring AC's original scale and limits. Overed weapon can only be used once in every mission and cannot be used with hangar units at the same time. Once overed weapon are activated the generator of the AC will also disable its limiter, pushing its output to dangerously high levels. This gives the AC almost an infinite EN and enables the charging of the overed weapon (Charge speed depends on the weapon's charge capacity, generator's borderline output, and the core unit's EN trasmitting efficiency). The main system will warn you that it does not recongnize the unit and it is causing extensive damage to the system and try to tell you to stop using it . The AC will also take damage over time because of the stress put on the AC (depends on the heat tolerance of the core unit). A timer is displayed on the screen, the overed weapon can be charged and fire as many time as you can before the timer runs out. While using an overed weapon, the screen will distort, with the exception of your AP and the overed weapon charge meter. There are Five overed weapon in the game, each having their own unique usage and power.

So each weapon has a different Charge Threshold and depending on your ACs setup it can take longer to reach that threshold so you may have to tweak some things in order to use the Overcharged weapons properly. From the looks it really is all about building the AC around the weapon.

Yeah, that's exactly what you have to do. After more research I found out what it boils down to is the UWs Charging Capacity and your generators Critical Power. The Giga Missile I was trying to use has a CC of 451,282. The best generator I have at the moment only has a CP of 99,100. So my guess is there's certain generators designed for these things.
---
#9Wasabi_SynPosted 3/21/2012 5:32:46 AM
Hold down the Y button to switch to the UW.
As soon as you see the timer appear on the top of the screen, hold down the RT.
A gauge will start circling around the lock-on window. Once that gauge fills up, release the RT. The UW will fire. I got the Legion Pulse to fire, and am about to try out the other two.
---
GT: Wasabi Syn
PSN: SynAngellus
More topics from this board...
Scrap Collection GuideCirrusStrafe248/6/2012