Scrap Collection Guide

#1CirrusStrafePosted 3/24/2012 3:28:41 AMmessage detail
Finally finished doing this. I'm way too tired right now to correct the grammar, but at the moment here are my scribbles for where these scrap pieces are at in Story mode. They are also effectively in the order in which I found them each mission.

The only thing I'm missing is mission 04, Scrap B. I have no idea why I cannot find this blasted thing, considering I found the rest, but whatever. If someone can point me to it (and everyone else) that would be much appreciated.

00:
Scrap A – Follow the primary Route until you get to the point where the overpass is smashed up by a fallen building (and the Route drops off onto the lower road). The Scrap is just under the overpass bit before the collapsed building part.
Scrap C – Right next to helipad of transport chopper after AC boss
Scrap B – Using scrap C as reference, there’s a busted section of highway near C’s helipad. At the end opposite the helipad, there’s a building broken diagonally (looks like stairs). Base of that building, lowest “step” side.
Scrap D - Right after heli boss, left above ramp before tunnel

01:
Scrap C – Under searchlight tower on the shoreline (left) of the start area, just after the ditch.
Scrap B – In the middle of the tiny trainyard, just to the right of scrap C
Scrap A – On the half sunk cargo ship just past the shoreline Garage (after mission objective says to head to tunnel). Now you can head into the tunnel.
Scrap D – Do not immediately destroy the train. Right after the cutscene hits in which the police AC shows up in the tunnel, hit the right wall (opposite wall the train was on) and go into the first gap, then spin around and dash down the closed, one way tunnel. Then you can hunt the train back down.

02:
Scrap B – Before doing any mission objectives, go to the first garage available, then go down the road towards the perpendicular overpass, and you should see it in a parking lot on the side of the road. Should be right before the battlefield limit on the other side of a bunch of containers.
Scrap A – Follow the main route for the first objective until you hit a garage on the left just after a short bridge. On the right should be the scrap.
Scrap C – Right after the cutscene happens that spawns the train, head out of the city to the left (oriented from when you came in off the bridge) and hit the shoreline. Follow this until you find a closed off bridge, the part will be just past it on the right side of the road.
Scrap D – After the train cutscene starts and the limit changes, go back to where you found A. On the other side of the building set A is nestled in is a construction pit. Scrap is in there.
Scrap E – After the train cutscene starts and the limit changes, go back to the bridge from the beginning of the mission. Facing away from it, go all the way down the left side until you hit a 90 degree turn on the very edge of the cityscape. Go around the edge and it’ll be right as you turn the corner (this is OUTSIDE the city, technically). Now go blow up yer train.
---
One of these days they'll institute a mandatory skill and intelligence test for WoW. Only one server will be necessary after that, and it will be glorious.
#2CirrusStrafe(Topic Creator)Posted 3/24/2012 3:28:55 AMmessage detail
03:
Scrap B – After the first facility is done, the next set of routes stops for a second to spawn Ammon A’s in a crater. Scrap is in this crater.
Scrap A – After the second facility is done, follow the route for a bit and on your left hand side will be a coolant filled lake. In the center is a piece of destroyed overpass. Scrap is on top of the overpass.
Scrap C – After the third facility is done, follow the new set of routes until you cross a tiny bridge that leads onto the giant main area. Check under the bridge.
Scrap D – After scrap C there will be a part just after you clear the giant robot on the right side, where you end up near a destroyed highway, next to a tiny corpse of a transport chopper, right before a whole bunch of buildings. Turn to you right and follow the destroyed highway. It’s on one of the segments, very close to the feet of the boss.

04:
Scrap A – At the beginning, before fighting anything. Once the tunnel opens (like five seconds from the start) from one lane to two, look to your right. You’ll get it through the wall.
Scrap E – After killing the first Scavenger, on the left side of the overpass you came in on before the Scavenger and giant multi level roundabout is a garage. Straight past the garage, on the overpass leading out to the horizon just by the pile of oil barrels is the scrap. May /require/ reverse joint legs to get.
Scrap B
Scrap D – Once you hit the city and Leon says your objective is updated, the battlefield limit changes. Back up a bit onto the broken bridge to the city and look to your right to see a shipyard. Go there. The scrap is on the long dock, right against the limit.
Scrap C – After scrap D, hop onto the main road again but go along the outskirts to the right (farther from the bridge). Scrap C is where it was In mission 02, right before the closed off bridge.

05:
Scrap A – Right after you exit the tunnel, before the first bridge on the initial route. Take a left and head down the road. Scrap is at the T-bone intersection.
Scrap B – After the first tiny bridge on the main route you should see a factory in front of you with four cranes on the other side of it. Scrap is between the cranes and the factory.
Scrap C – After B, follow the route and you’ll see an extremely tall building. The Scrap is in the middle of the building, on the lowest catwalk.
Scrap E – After C, ignore the route. Head towards the only other part of the map until you’re facing out towards a bunch of half sunk platforms with explosives all over them. Scrap is nestled in the Route-side/Sunken-platform-side corner of the much larger platform you’re on.
Scrap D – Go onto the final platform now, the one the Route is pointing you to. On the far left side (facing away from the building you got C in) in the corner, behind a Speer S is the Scrap.
---
One of these days they'll institute a mandatory skill and intelligence test for WoW. Only one server will be necessary after that, and it will be glorious.
#3CirrusStrafe(Topic Creator)Posted 3/24/2012 3:30:36 AMmessage detail
06:
Scrap A – In the first area (before you go into the tunnel network) there is a garage on a middle overpass right in front of a giant blockade wall on the overpass. Go to the garage, turn around, and head down the overpass (under the elbow curve above it). Scrap is directly under the bend on the middle overpass.
Scrap B – As you go through the tunnel, you’ll break into a small yet open area. On the side you came in on, in the corner across the room is the Scrap. For reference, the room triggers a cutscene where they drop in the giant walker boss.
Scrap C – Immediately after the last base you destroy there is an overpass that runs right into one of the legs of the big boss mech. There is a piece of higher overpass that is broken and fell next to this overpass, and just after that broken piece is the Scrap on the side of the road, nestled by the building.
Scrap D – Right in front of the final area (where you fight the Migrant AC boss) there is a small ramp underneath the area just in front of the main “doors” of the target building. Go down there, and in the front right corner, facing the ramp, you’ll see the Scrap.

07:
Scrap A – Oriented the way you’re facing when the mission starts, to your immediate left is a bunch of burning barracks/buildings. The Scrap is nestled in the buildings, on the leftmost side just before the two side by side helipads (with helicopters on them).
Scrap B – Follow the first Route until just before you drop into the tunnels. Above you should be the giant mech you destroyed last mission. The Scrap is on the side of the road that is in-between two short, flat-topped buildings, directly under the mech.
Scrap C – Once you drop into the second tunnel section (the one that looks considerably less pretty, and starts having you fight inside what appears to be a tunnel shantytown) there will be a portion where you go through a destroyed wall into a tiny side tube with red water under you. As soon as you exit the first of these, there will be another opening on your right side again shortly after. Head into this one to the end and you’ll see the scrap against the sluice gate. It will be just before you hit the first boss.
Scrap D – Just after the first boss will be a huge open area with a few columns between many train tracks and a lot of blinking red lights among them. Spin around after you enter and head down the (now on the right side) other path that leads in. Scrap is at the end.
Scrap E – After Scrap D, follow the route until you get into another big open area with tons of crap lying around. Do the same thing with D. Spin around and take the right path. Scrap E is at the end.

08:
Scrap C – On the outermost overpass on the broken highway spiral system. More specifically, on the bend closest to where you came out of the tunnel at the start of the mission.
Scrap A – After the first boss, you’re left in a giant open area in the tunnels. Using the Route direction as forward, Scrap A is in the back right corner of this big room.
Scrap B – After A, as you go through the level, you will get to a dead end and the floor will collapse under you. Once you land, spin around towards the dead end. Scrap is on the left hand side.
Scrap D –Turn right just after leaving the tunnel and entering the city. Go straight ahead, over a triple-section building on the ground, and hit the double decker highway. Follow it away from the battlefield limit until you see a collapsed section. The scrap is under this highway bit, on the road, right at the intersection.
Scrap E – Inside the little nook with a few shield dudes, just under the second armored train, beside some containers. Literally just below the train in front of the freeway.

09:
No Scraps.
---
#4SH3valtielPosted 3/24/2012 3:44:59 AMmessage detail
Newb question here but what even IS scrap? What does it do?

Your list looks pretty comprehensive though so thank for compiling it :)
---
Gloriously Incandescent
360 GT - Razlo TPD // PSN - Razlo_TPD // Steam - SH3Valtiel
#5AkubarixPosted 3/24/2012 3:47:28 AMmessage detail
sticky requested
---
No Man Is Invincible. Therefore He Cannot Understand What It Means To Be Invincible.
#6Axels_BladePosted 3/24/2012 4:36:00 AMmessage detail
Akubarix posted...
sticky requested

Same. Thank you for putting the work into this. It looks really good. I'll defnitely be using it when I go scrap hunting.
---
Everything and nothing, heart and mind, fantasy and reality. These thing fly through my mind, driving me towards madness.
#7PRIME_CaW_MASTRPosted 3/24/2012 6:54:35 AMmessage detail
SH3valtiel posted...
Newb question here but what even IS scrap? What does it do?

Your list looks pretty comprehensive though so thank for compiling it :)

Different things for your ac. I just really started paying attention to them and saw I got a gun for finding scrap D on a stage.
---
PrimeCawMaster since 2000! Check out my caws( caw= Create-a- Wrestler or Create-a-Warrior) and other vids at www.youtube.com/1bigboss1
#8ExodisPosted 3/24/2012 7:05:29 AMmessage detail
Sticky requested.
---
Stone Rose Roughnecks
XBL/PSN: Kahshim
#9toborxpPosted 3/24/2012 8:25:20 AMmessage detail
Here is a website with screenshots of all the scraps if you wanted to add it in somehow.

http://gamers-high.com/ac5/mission/haihin.html

Translate the page with google translate if you need to.
---
I wish my lawn was emo so it would cut its self.
#10Dark Phantom LordPosted 3/24/2012 8:30:42 AMmessage detail
Im going to say that i may need this someday!

Treasure hunt!
---
Proud owner of Fred the blue grunt! "Shall we save the world Fred?"
Fred the grunt "IM GONNA PUNCH YOU IN THE GROIN!!"