How do you get a conquest invasion mission to start?

#1dusenbuttPosted 3/26/2012 5:13:11 AM

I've traied a few times to do a conquest invasion mission. Once I get a full squad and we are on the briefing screen with the map, we all ready up but nothing happens? Is the leader supposed to do anything else? The countdown clock never budges. It just stays at 3:00 the whole time. Can anybody fill me in on what I'm missing, please? Thanks!

#2revitup360Posted 3/26/2012 6:51:04 AM
You have to wait until another team does a stronghold mission and then you will be put up against them.

I'm not 100% sure about this but i think if you do regular invasion missions by going through "start mission" you can attack team territories without AC's on their side and by destroying them it will put their territory AP down to 0 making them have to do a stronghold mission making it more likely to find someone defending.
#3MstptnPosted 3/26/2012 8:35:00 AM
revitup360 posted...
You have to wait until another team does a stronghold mission and then you will be put up against them.

I'm not 100% sure about this but i think if you do regular invasion missions by going through "start mission" you can attack team territories without AC's on their side and by destroying them it will put their territory AP down to 0 making them have to do a stronghold mission making it more likely to find someone defending.

Yes. By doing start mission invasions you can lower the ap of the territory. Once the territory hits 0 they have 6 hours (i think) to defend it or they lose it by default and an AI takes it. So it basically forces they to defend and risk their territory.
---
GT: Outlawnightmare
#4ScynixPosted 3/26/2012 8:38:17 AM
Those missions are not guaranteed to be AC less, just FYI.

If you go into the same menu and pick stronghold, and "any", it will automatically pair you with people attempting to do AP damaging invasions.

My team was doing them all last night. One of them messaged me over Live! commenting about it being a nasty surprise to find a team guarding helicopters. >_> lol

We just thought the missions were fun.
---
My post may have my opinion randomly inserted in place of actual words. You say "Darkwraith", I say "red cloaked stabby guy".
#5MilkyWhitesPosted 3/29/2012 10:09:26 PM
This helped alot. I was doing the same thing. But I'd wait for about 10 minutes and still nothing. Hopefully my small team will get on the map now. It's only me and my best friend. But we are challenging ourselves to take territory from bigger groups.

Can anyone say terrorist?
#6Huff n puff 20Posted 3/30/2012 5:11:28 AM

Those missions are not guaranteed to be AC less, just FYI.

If you go into the same menu and pick stronghold, and "any", it will automatically pair you with people attempting to do AP damaging invasions.

My team was doing them all last night. One of them messaged me over Live! commenting about it being a nasty surprise to find a team guarding helicopters. >_> lol

We just thought the missions were fun.

This

It seems like its a better idea to do "Stronghold Obstructive Tactics" if you want to slap AP-pokers though. That raises the damage to over a million AU, so they pretty much have to fight you... and you're way more likely to catch people soloing it, too.
---
http://i42.tinypic.com/2nm2jdg.jpg
No it's THIS good. - shadowgamer_x
#7KengoshinakumaPosted 3/30/2012 5:21:20 AM
So wait... if you're doing a start mission conquest deal, someone can actually jump in there and catch me soloing? That's kinda cool but certainly hasn't happened yet...

Still confused as to how I fight humans and gain territories. Can never get into matches.
#8Huff n puff 20Posted 3/30/2012 5:38:14 AM

So wait... if you're doing a start mission conquest deal, someone can actually jump in there and catch me soloing? That's kinda cool but certainly hasn't happened yet...

Still confused as to how I fight humans and gain territories. Can never get into matches.

Yep, if someone's doing a "Start mission: Stronghold", they'll catch people who are in the same territory bracket and rules. I've been in one that turned out to be a lone AC doing Obstructive Tactics... poor guy thought he'd be up against turrets. Nope. He's got turrets AND 4 ACs. Welcome to Arteria Carpals, bro, except the 4 ACs aren't dumb-as-bricks bots, they're players who get the idea of massive focus fire.
---
#9KengoshinakumaPosted 3/30/2012 5:43:22 AM
Interesting. Good to know thanks for the info!

Oddly I've been running them solo for days and haven't run into a single guy. Maybe I'm just unlucky, i'll check my settings.

My bud and I might be joining a larger team that has territories so maybe they'll show us the ropes.

Can't get better against humans without playing against them. I'm hoping that im not developing bad habits playing against dumb npcs.
#10Huff n puff 20Posted 3/30/2012 6:02:23 AM
If you're just looking to fight players, play Free Battles.

Not many people play Start Mission: Stronghold, because it really doesn't do a whole lot except freak out the attackers.
---
More topics from this board...
Scrap Collection GuideCirrusStrafe248/6/2012