Mercenaries: F is the new A!

#1SairosPosted 4/2/2012 4:50:34 PM
Thumbs up if you care more about getting the job done well than about the meager money and the fickle ranking!

Personally I think the employer should choose how much of the final reward will be the payout......and the mercenary can see said percentage, and that their ranking should be based on a grade the client gives after the mission.......that seems far more logical...but barring that, I will continue to be a mercenary who focuses on getting the job done over chump change and a illogical ranking system!
#2BassGsSpDeluxePosted 4/2/2012 4:55:36 PM
I get the job done every time, both quickly and efficiently. And I am still an S-rank.

I think you're just bad broseph.
---
Now Playing - Mass Effect 3 /// Waiting For- Borderlands 2
#3Sairos(Topic Creator)Posted 4/2/2012 4:57:33 PM
Do you help people on story missions as well?
#4ScynixPosted 4/2/2012 5:24:08 PM
Seriously.. I'm at like -2.8 million because I wasn't afraid to take hits for my clients, only to find out how bad that actually is. >_>
---
My post may have my opinion randomly inserted in place of actual words. You say "Darkwraith", I say "red cloaked stabby guy".
#5CoolgerbPosted 4/2/2012 5:28:13 PM

So F is still worse than S? :roll:

I'm an S rank merc, not because I play cheap (staying in the back, spending as little ammo as possible and avoiding all dmg), but because I simply only accept missions that are profitable.

The missions that aren't profitable are often missions on which a merc really isn't needed anyway.

And seriously people, change your clan's payment system to Equal Distribution before hiring mercs.

#6Allan_XPosted 4/2/2012 5:38:43 PM

Reward: 10000

Ammo: -9100

Repair: -53000

Income: -49,100

What the hell? They ****ed me!

#7The_ShaderPosted 4/2/2012 6:56:59 PM
Mercs should get payed according to rank they are in, and to how much money they earn in the mission.

They need to list money destribution
---
"Lower thine guard and thou'rt allowing the enemy in" - Frog
"You've met with a terrible fate, haven't you?" - Happy Mask Salesman
#8Chariot_of_GodPosted 4/2/2012 8:21:55 PM
I agree.

Last night I took 2 conquest defense contracts in a row. During the course of the 2 matches, I had the killing blow on 7 cores, doing the most damage on at least 5 of them (cheap build, dual shotties with fire rate boost) and flanking. My rank dropped from D to F; even though we one both matches and I contributed in a major way to both. However, I was near dead at end of each match, so hemorraged money. Next conquest defend on mining facility, I guarded valley as a sniper, entire attacking team went through tunnels and got annihilated by my clients and their defenses. I didn't fire a shot...lol...jumped back up to D rank...

System does not make sense for pay or rank...

Wish clients could propose contract details for pay...like if they have the funds offer 1 million Au for a job they need the help on. Also wish ranking was based on contributing to the objectives, not money made.

At least from my experience this is the behavior I have noticed.
#9SmokingGhostPosted 4/2/2012 8:54:07 PM
Coolgerb posted...
And seriously people, change your clan's payment system to Equal Distribution before hiring mercs.

That's for damn sure.

I run a medium-build sniper mech. Basically I like to move in from higher ground, and take out support enemies like turrets/etc. so they don't blindside people. I stay in the fight but I seldom have any major repair costs... most of my expenses come from how much ammo I go through.

So when my strategy of "fight efficiently" is a moot point because some goon wants to charge in with akimbo chainguns and get his mech down to "catastrophic damage" levels, I shouldn't have to pay for it.

Fix yer own damn AC on your own dime since you can't realize "I'ma stop these rockets with my FACE!" isn't a very good strategy.

/rant
---
[Smoking Ghost]
#10AoENIACPosted 4/2/2012 10:19:45 PM
I've actually managed to get my Merc Rank to hover around a B while still not being picky about my missions or being a bad helper.

The secret is TE weapons that have free ammo (apparently the energy crisis is over in this world because plugging in your pulse cannon to recharge the power cell appears to not cost anything).

Also, don't get hit and hit enemies lots.
---
Is there something about the way I type that makes it sound angry? Maybe it's just something about the way you read.
More topics from this board...
Scrap Collection GuideCirrusStrafe248/6/2012