Can I use a controller to play this game?

#1BrucekyPosted 9/11/2010 2:06:38 AM
I remember playing a demo of this game a while back and liked it but hated playing with the keyboard. Is it possible to play this game with a controller. I usually play with my wired 360 controller and it work great for all games that have access to joypad play.
---
Xbox Live Gamertag: Bruceky
#2EvilTrashPosted 9/11/2010 8:22:22 AM
It would be much more difficult with a controller. You only need to use 3 buttons for this game, and they are much more responsive on the keyboard than any controller will ever be. Plus, you need to make incredibly fast adjustments between left & right, you just can't do that with one finger on a d-pad or thumbstick the way you can with two fingers on the left & right arrow keys. I highly recommend playing with a keyboard.
#3SpaceAgeSamuraiPosted 9/11/2010 2:44:24 PM
First off, I do have a gamepad for my computer, because there are certain games that just work better that way ... but I would have to agree that this isn't exactly one of them.

That said, I can't remember if the game directly allows gamepad support, but even if it doesn't, I'm sure you could use a program like JoyToKey (http://electracode.com/4/joy2key/JoyToKey%20English%20Version.htm) to bind the gamepad buttons to the proper keys for this game if it's really that important to you (though, I would heartily recommend giving the keyboard controls a fair shake, first).
---
When all else fails, read the instructions.