This game lost me in the Tutorial... (Not flaming!)

#1MERCERnaryPosted 2/12/2011 12:07:54 AM
As title says, not here to rage on it...but I've played a lot of games in the past month, ranging from PS3 to my PSP. I finally decided to dust this game off and unwrap it to try it out...and I about fell asleep in the Tutorial alone. I've read this game was unique, and overly enjoyable. But the Tutorial was soooooo dull. What mostly killed it for me was how much loading it did...a 20 sec load for the NPCs to tell me four sentences with no real lesson and then ANOTHER load? Really? Come on...

Maybe I'm just being impatient. Or perhaps I'm playing it on the wrong platform... Yes, I know this board is dead. But if I had posted this on there I would've likely got attacked for fussing over their game. I just wanted to ask some people who have possibly suffered these load times as well and can tell me if it gets easier to deal with it not..

Thanks for your time!
---
Sony Supporter since September 9, 1995
Currently playing - Still deciding... ~ Waiting to Play - Marvel vs Capcom 3
#2PhalanaePosted 2/12/2011 7:48:50 AM
I can confirm that the load times are horrible on the UMD. Purchase the PSN version - it is definitely worth it. It's also more pleasant to the ears since there's no disc spinning involved.
#3MERCERnary(Topic Creator)Posted 2/12/2011 9:58:35 PM
Yeah...was worried about that...traded it in today because it was so frustrating. I might do that in the near future though, once I beat the new God of War on my PSP. But glad to know it is better in pure digital form...if only they gave an option to install...it might have been better. =/
---
Sony Supporter since September 9, 1995
Currently playing - Still deciding... ~ Waiting to Play - Marvel vs Capcom 3