great wargame

#1-Chernuska-Posted 3/12/2010 3:15:13 AM

Well this is a veary great game if not the best for the price. If you liked the close combat series or the panzer command series this is a must have. After al these years of hollywood games like COH, TOW(nothing wrong with that becasue they are good in what they can give you) this is a real war sim. This is how the combat missions series should look like. You are the commander and the great thing is you don,t need to micromanagement. Also the AI is splendid and the gfx are just fine for this kind of a game. For the first time i have a real battle feeling in a game.

Only the manual is lacking in information and you can only buy a download version yet. But then i realize that this game is made by a team that consist only about 4 members. Can you believe that? They have my support and i only hope they make some expansions for this game.

Yes the missions are histical so don,t expect Tigers because in the battle for kharkove Germany didn,t use them. Also the night battles are great.

Try at least the demo

http://www.paradoxplaza.com/games/achtung-panzer-kharkov-1943for more info and the forums where you can read alot about this great game

#2gijasPosted 4/2/2010 8:15:17 PM
-Chernuska- posted...

Well this is a veary great game if not the best for the price. If you liked the close combat series or the panzer command series this is a must have. After al these years of hollywood games like COH, TOW(nothing wrong with that becasue they are good in what they can give you) this is a real war sim. This is how the combat missions series should look like. You are the commander and the great thing is you don,t need to micromanagement. Also the AI is splendid and the gfx are just fine for this kind of a game. For the first time i have a real battle feeling in a game.

Only the manual is lacking in information and you can only buy a download version yet. But then i realize that this game is made by a team that consist only about 4 members. Can you believe that? They have my support and i only hope they make some expansions for this game.

Yes the missions are histical so don,t expect Tigers because in the battle for kharkove Germany didn,t use them. Also the night battles are great.

Try at least the demo

http://www.paradoxplaza.com/games/achtung-panzer-kharkov-1943for more info and the forums where you can read alot about this great game

Yeah, its OK but I found it lacking in serval areas such as the camera gets lost on the battlefield and taking forever to get your men to the frontlines. Also, I've played Steel Fury whcih I believe this game is based on and to me Achtung is a example of a generals perspective of the battles that take place, rather than commanding a tank unit your commanding the overall battle. The user interface is weird and kind of amerish but the battles that I saw were immersive with sounds and action (just a little disorienting and could use either some mods or a updated game expansion.