is it just me or.../Palamecia

#1RubedoXTPosted 2/6/2013 11:48:05 PM
is FF2 just a really weak entry in the series? I feel like the world map is too big for it's own good and everything looks too much of the same, so it's tough for me to navigate. Like it's hard to tell where to go and what to do most of the time. What's up with missing your 4th character for most of the game anyway?

I mean I like the game's levelling system, wishing that they used it more in other FF's, but other than that, this game doesn't seem all that impressive to me. I kill everything in one hit, can't figure out where to go sometimes, it just drives me nuts. And I've played almost every FF out there and they were all pretty straight forward. FF2? I'm stumped.

/end of rant

Anyways, I do have a legit question. What am I supposed to do after rescuing Princess Hilda from the Palamecia Coloseum? That's what I'm talk about where it's unclear what to do next. Gordon and Hilda just disappeared and there's no mention of where they'll be. I even trekked all the way over to Altair and found the rebel base empty.
---
We can waste time arguing, or we can get things done!
#2SuperShroom333Posted 2/7/2013 10:11:28 AM
RubedoXT posted...
is FF2 just a really weak entry in the series? I feel like the world map is too big for it's own good and everything looks too much of the same, so it's tough for me to navigate. Like it's hard to tell where to go and what to do most of the time. What's up with missing your 4th character for most of the game anyway?

I mean I like the game's levelling system, wishing that they used it more in other FF's, but other than that, this game doesn't seem all that impressive to me. I kill everything in one hit, can't figure out where to go sometimes, it just drives me nuts. And I've played almost every FF out there and they were all pretty straight forward. FF2? I'm stumped.

/end of rant

Anyways, I do have a legit question. What am I supposed to do after rescuing Princess Hilda from the Palamecia Coloseum? That's what I'm talk about where it's unclear what to do next. Gordon and Hilda just disappeared and there's no mention of where they'll be. I even trekked all the way over to Altair and found the rebel base empty.

FF3's world map was the worst to navigate. I like how the game gives you 3 static characters and a guest.

Early FFs failed at giving you direction, a lot of people would have appreciated FF2s leveling system if they properly explained to you how stat growth works and how gear affects spells and stuff.

Anyways go north of altair, they have made new camps and you will then assault fynn.
#3RubedoXT(Topic Creator)Posted 2/7/2013 10:11:42 PM
Wow thanks. I wonder how the hell I was supposed to figure that on my own? There's no dialogue I could find that would explain that! Unless I'm not searching hard enough, but still finding Deist my first time was dumb luck as the world map is built to restrict you from getting around certain continents. What the hell were they thinking with this game?!

I just got FF1 and it's a whole lot more straight forward and even when I got the ship to free roam I didn't have to trudge through homogeneous looking terrains to find the next cave or castle. And the quests ah they're so crystal clear I think I'll stick playing that if FF2 continues to confuse me after following your advice. Thanks again.
---
#4RubedoXT(Topic Creator)Posted 2/13/2013 10:03:32 PM
Never mind I feel stupid. There was a rebel soldier at the entrance of Altair, the most common return place in the game, that much I knew. I was just confused as to why the rebel base was empty. Still hate the world map though!
---