Transformation

#1edward18Posted 5/6/2013 6:06:05 PM
This is carried on from the Bio Metal topic. Personally, I always thought of Weil's Numbers as the start of the whole "transformation" thing in Mega Man which would eventually lead up to Geetz and stuff in the Legends series, but now that I've looked back...yeah...I guess Double from X4 does count as more of a start to that.

What I find a bit odd is Weil's status though. He's obviously a cyborg, but apparently he's referred to as "The Evil Mega Man" during ZX's time period. Now I know that Albert was looking for a fusion like Weil between human and machine to create the ultimate Mega Man, but...just how the hell did anyone know what Weil was during ZX? Yes it's clear that he existed and...that he didn't have legs, but it was supposed to be a shock to Zero that he was no longer a real human. So how did anyone else know what Weil was when that reveal was made in space at the end of Zero 4? Were there lost documents or something that someone found between Zero and ZX or something detailing Weil's modifications? Did Model W tell Albert what he was?

And more on the future stuff; it's nice that they start hinting towards the Legends series in Zero and ZX, but they still never give any REAL explanation as to Reaverbot eyes and all that. The most we get of that is those ruins in Zero 3 where the Monkey boss is. No explanation or anything...they're just...there...
---
Before you die you see the Tails Doll---Backdrop Observer of the Metroid: Other M board
Apparently Edward: Wise Old Sage of Korodai
#2helldewPosted 5/12/2013 10:22:56 PM
edward18 posted...
This is carried on from the Bio Metal topic. Personally, I always thought of Weil's Numbers as the start of the whole "transformation" thing in Mega Man which would eventually lead up to Geetz and stuff in the Legends series, but now that I've looked back...yeah...I guess Double from X4 does count as more of a start to that.

What I find a bit odd is Weil's status though. He's obviously a cyborg, but apparently he's referred to as "The Evil Mega Man" during ZX's time period. Now I know that Albert was looking for a fusion like Weil between human and machine to create the ultimate Mega Man, but...just how the hell did anyone know what Weil was during ZX? Yes it's clear that he existed and...that he didn't have legs, but it was supposed to be a shock to Zero that he was no longer a real human. So how did anyone else know what Weil was when that reveal was made in space at the end of Zero 4? Were there lost documents or something that someone found between Zero and ZX or something detailing Weil's modifications? Did Model W tell Albert what he was?

And more on the future stuff; it's nice that they start hinting towards the Legends series in Zero and ZX, but they still never give any REAL explanation as to Reaverbot eyes and all that. The most we get of that is those ruins in Zero 3 where the Monkey boss is. No explanation or anything...they're just...there...

the transformation thing is just a style choice technically the X buster isnt always there on X`s arm either it transforms for combat and since reploids were based off of X`s design you can proably say that transforming was always a thing.

Weil was supposed to be a human we were to assume the suit was a life support suit of some kind.

Reploids arent supposed to be able to kill humans unless they go maverick. Zero flat out tells him he doesnt give a damn. that was the point of that reveal it was Weil taunting Zero calling him a maverick which is supposed to be ironic because Zero is a maverick hunter whos sole purpose was to kill mavericks. Zeros final line in zero 4 pretty much said i never said a damn thing about tieing him self to this principal. he simply sees and enemy and takes him out. which is the meaning of the reveal so yes we werent supposed to guess Weil was some freak cyborg human cross breed thing which is why the reveal was messed up.

Model W is a Biometal that was created at the end of Z4 due to Weil fusing with ragnerocks core. his bio metal when fused with a person can be considered an evil megaman (although i dont think anyone really fused with any fragments of model W aside from serpent and albert although i cant entirely remember ZXA to well). Thus the evil megamans are pretty much evil people with biometals. and since model W messes with your mind yeah i think it can be assumed anyone under its influence turns evil.

Albert found out about model W during the course of time before ZX1 happend. I think Albert was one of the people apart of Ciels Science team that unearth model W and model W took control of Albert He proably knew nothing of weil. weil simply used others to fowards his evil from his remains which was model W. Weil`s person from Z4 is dead.

And i dont think Albert has any idea what model W was created from in its past. again i think from the ZX cast we have seen only Prerie would know at least from what i recalled.

and i haven't touch legends much so im not gonna comment much there. if you have any zero classic EXE ZX X or whatever questions just fire away il try to answer them.
---
ErrorSupply 3-D DS -OMG! It's the ultimate anti-pirate tech O:.
#3edward18(Topic Creator)Posted 5/13/2013 9:02:22 AM
Weil was supposed to be a human we were to assume the suit was a life support suit of some kind.

That's more than just a life support system, that's his body now. Beneath that face is a mechanical skull.

that was the point of that reveal it was Weil taunting Zero calling him a maverick which is supposed to be ironic because Zero is a maverick hunter whos sole purpose was to kill mavericks.

I always found it that him being a mechanical creature instead of a human was supposed to be the point since Zero is shocked and everything.

As for Zero not giving a damn I've always been a bit astounded that Weil thought he would. I mean he is Zero after all. Weil knows damn well what he is and that he isn't a Reploid and was clearly made to kill everything so unless he was just trying to get Zero to try to kill him I don't really see why Weil was taunting him to begin with.

Of course that could just be translation muddling. When he says

Bwahahaha! Are you even capable of it!? The Reploid hero...
Protecting justice and humnanity! I am oen of those humans you were
sworn to protect! Do you have it in you to defeat me!?

In the Japanese version it's more along the lines of

Kuhahahahaha! Can you do that!? Your pretentions! You, hero of all Reploids! The ally of justice, protector of humanity! To save the humans of the surface... you pretend... you pretend defeating me, one of the humans you're sworn to protect!?

Model W is a Biometal that was created at the end of Z4 due to Weil fusing with ragnerocks core. his bio metal when fused with a person can be considered an evil megaman (although i dont think anyone really fused with any fragments of model W aside from serpent and albert although i cant entirely remember ZXA to well).

Prometheus and Pandora were using Model W that was just as a normal Mega Man form.

Thus the evil megamans are pretty much evil people with biometals. and since model W messes with your mind yeah i think it can be assumed anyone under its influence turns evil.

It was just that I've read that Weil himself was considered The Evil Mega Man.

Albert found out about model W during the course of time before ZX1 happend. I think Albert was one of the people apart of Ciels Science team that unearth model W and model W took control of Albert He proably knew nothing of weil.

Serpent was the one that was the part of the team.

and i haven't touch legends much so im not gonna comment much there. if you have any zero classic EXE ZX X or whatever questions just fire away il try to answer them.

Oh don't worry I'm pretty clear on Zero and stuff. Just was stating my confusion on things. Been rereading stuff about it over the past year or so for an animation on of the end of Zero 4 =) Here's some concept art of it:

http://warahi.deviantart.com/art/More-Weil-Animation-Concepts-364432003

And here's what I've gotten done of the animation so far itself: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i10t4Mow7ZA
---
Before you die you see the Tails Doll---Backdrop Observer of the Metroid: Other M board
Apparently Edward: Wise Old Sage of Korodai
#4Seiten_TaisenPosted 5/27/2013 2:04:57 AM
Unless I'm mistaken, I'm pretty sure Albert created model W, with A being a prototype to W. This means W was deliberately left in a place for the science team to find, and Albert likely knowing Ciel's genius would let her duplicate it.
#5DragonFistAbysiPosted 5/27/2013 11:14:24 PM
In ZXA, they clearly state that the three elders are hundreds of years old, unless that was mistranslated. It seems like the whole thing was started before the original Maverick wars ever ended. The mother elf was created and Weil was modified and the result was the Model W. The rest was history, but don't get me wrong. I'm sure there are people who have thought this out a lot better than I have.
---
I may be ancient, but my mother is not.
http://arklock.blogspot.com/