Looks like I'm getting my wish granted.

#21BlazeclawPosted 4/5/2010 5:32:21 PM
I'd like to see some old members of the boss family come back: PsychoPiz, Hargon, Baramos, and AsuraZoma, Also others like Darkhorn, GulpBeast, Rainhawk, War Mantis, Ogre, MadKnight, Grendal, EvilArmor, Centasaur, Spikerous, Serpentia, Orligon, Balzak, Snapper, Poisedon, Lazamanus. But I'd love to see any monsters from the orIginal DWM 1 and 2
#22BlazeclawPosted 4/5/2010 5:38:33 PM
Not to be too random, but I was looking at this website http://www.woodus.com/den/games/dqm1_2psx/monsters.php and I was wondering who are Ayabou, Dimensaur, Kagebou, Ramia, and Zoma's Devil because I never remember them In dragon warrior monsters 1 or 2, are they addins for dragon warrior 1+2?
#23Bagan666(Topic Creator)Posted 4/6/2010 11:07:05 PM
Not to be too random, but I was looking at this website http://www.woodus.com/den/games/dqm1_2psx/monsters.php and I was wondering who are Ayabou, Dimensaur, Kagebou, Ramia, and Zoma's Devil because I never remember them In dragon warrior monsters 1 or 2, are they addins for dragon warrior 1+2?

Ramia was known as Lamia in the GBC version, and is from (I believe) Dragon Quest 3. I recall reading somewhere ages ago that Dimensaur was supposedly in a Dragon Quest game, but I highly doubt it, and he was probably just made up for Dragon Warrior/Quest Monsters 2. Ayabou wasnt in the original game, and I guarantee he was made up for the planned DWM1+2 remake. Kagebou was also made up for the original DWM2, and was a special event monster, alongside Lamia and Dimensaur. You could also get them through a special egg, but the process was ridiculously long and difficult, so it was easier to just get them through Gameshark.

Empyrea, the holy bird from Dragon Quest 8 (and the same one in Joker) is based on Lamia, so that is why Lamia disappeared. As for Zoma's Devil, I guarantee he was made up for DWM1+2, as he was never in any of the main games, nor in the original DWM games.

As for your post, Blazeclaw, Balzak was in the first Joker; just with a different color and under a different name (Night Clubber).
---
Dimentio is the single-greatest villain ever - everyone else can go choke on a biscotti.
#24BlazeclawPosted 4/7/2010 2:53:06 PM
Wow your right, I never realized that Night Clubber was Balzak until now, thanks for the clarifacation
#25deoxxysPosted 4/8/2010 2:51:43 PM
i want the old birds eye view style

and i want a GOOD story line, not a tournament
#26Bagan666(Topic Creator)Posted 4/11/2010 8:39:12 AM
http://www.gamekyo.com/Webmasters/Images/82861020100410_170352_0_big.jpg

Using this image, and the footage in the trailer, it is now safe to assume that giant monsters are indeed quite powerful and will definitely make up for the lost party space. The trailer revealed monsters gain extra turns equivalent to how many additional party spaces they take up, and this image seems to reveal Rhapthorne II will have a maximum HP of 8500. Unless I'm mistaken, that's how much HP he had in DQ8. He will also have infinite MP.

The giant worm seems to be the Giant Worm monster from Dragon Warrior Monsters 1 and 2, except HOLY CRUD GIANT, and red and black. I can't read Japanese though, so I'm not sure if Giant Worm's just an obstacle/hazard, or if you can actually get one.
---
Dimentio is the single-greatest villain ever - everyone else can go choke on a biscotti.
#27NecrocystPosted 4/11/2010 9:24:46 AM
Wonder how much HP Orgodemir will have due to all of his phases. Doubt it will be more than Rhapthorne II's though, but just curious
---
PSN ID: NecroZerumus XBL GT: NecroAmalgam WKC name: Ghados
Currently playing: SMT Strange Journey
#28RLegacy3Posted 4/12/2010 1:50:25 AM
I think that Rhapthorne bit is to do with Dragon Quest IX, not Joker 2.
#29Bagan666(Topic Creator)Posted 4/12/2010 8:51:23 AM
Rhapthorne is in Dragon Quest IX? Why?
---
#30RLegacy3Posted 4/12/2010 9:50:48 AM
I think it's a new downloadable quest. I've heard you can fight past bosses or something. One of the earlier Joker 2 scans also had a small piece on DQIX on the same page, featuring Orgodemir.