WMC Handicap system

#11MekeninzoPosted 9/28/2011 2:09:09 AM
what about sagittar using hatchet man on one of his turns?

25% x 4 attacks x 3 monsters

25% x 12 = 300%
#12SAP_The_BullPosted 9/28/2011 4:57:48 AM
there is a flag system ask my brother rofl hes one of them i ant got time for this shet people xD flagged his kaiser hackers never win >: D
---
DQMJ2 F.C: 4813-9677-2134
Name: SinX
#13KazamaArashi(Topic Creator)Posted 9/28/2011 6:49:44 AM
If Sagittar uses Hatchet Man in one turn then, Hit Squad means 2 hits, GrandSlammer hits all 3 so there are 6 chances for hatchet man to trigger a crit. Again, there is 25% chance that hatchet man triggers in a hit. SO the chance of ONE hit and crit is 82% (chance of there being no crits AND hit 18%)

Method:

Chance of Hit and crit = 0.25
6 chances
Chance of no Hit and Crit = 0.75^6
Therefore chance of a Hit and Crit happening = 1-(chance of no hit and crit) ~ 82%
#14JulianDarkPosted 9/28/2011 7:26:30 AM(edited)
Doesn't Sagittar hit 3 times? But it really doesn't matter, because crits on Hit Squad attacks are proportionally weaker than without it.
#15infinitexxPosted 9/28/2011 7:29:31 AM
KazamaArashi posted...
I was reading the Japanese wiki and I learned something that may be of use to people who are on this board who are participating in the tournament. Apparently there is a handicap system where points are deducted from your wins depending on the rank of your monsters and specific monsters.

Here's the specific paragraph from the Japanese wiki. Note that even though this is for Japanese DQMJ2, the servers are still running the same software as the Japanese one apparent from the amount of Japanese players in the Tournament.

To paraphrase;

Start Paragraph

Base points are 20. Winning against higher rank opponents will get bonus points depending on how big the difference is between you and your opponent. Depending on rank, a handicap will be given. Also, certain monsters are heavily penalised. This is the handicap points that will show up when calculating points the next day.

Handicap per win, per monster.

S rank or higher -2
A rank 0
B-C rank +1
D rank or below +2
Ruin -17

The penalty for using ruin is very large. Even if you win all 5 battles at home, the tally count is (20-17)X5 = 15.

End Paragraph

No wonder the top teams that I've fought have low ranked monsters in their team. For example, the no. 9 ranked that I fought yesterday?today(?) was running a Balhib, Metal Slime and Hyper Heyedra. According to the Handicap system, every win will net him/her/it a +4 points per win. That's 120 points per day, per home bout if he wins all home bouts, so that's already 840 points not including away bouts. Including away bouts no wonder some teams get 1500+ points per tally count. Holy crap...


Hrm, When I win all 5 using my rank X, this deduction does not seem to occur (as in I receive at minimum 20 points per win, with the one or two matches I got against people above me slightly over that). Maybe I just wasn't paying enough attention.

That team with Balhib, MS, and Hyper Heyedra is SYS NENE, it's one of two teams I've seen him field (the other being Great Dragon, MS, and Mummy Boy. He's using the MS to outspeed everything and oomph the attacker then omniheal/kazing, and and the thing in the third slot to be slower than everything and omniheal/kazing. It's a means of abusing AI targeting and taking advantage of the speed system, but it can fall apart. Just not against most common setups.
---
You can't make an omelette without crushing dozens of eggs beneath your steel boot and then publicly disemboweling the chickens that laid them as a warning.
#16WaxfruitPosted 9/28/2011 9:19:37 AM
"Penalizing specific monsters sounds like a horrible idea, though. Doesn't that undermine the whole point of competitive battling?"

Not necessarily, if there's a few strong monsters that have a lot of good points and very few weaknesses then it would just turn into dozens of teams with the same setup that annhilate everyone else then turn into "whoever gets lucky" to see who wins between them. This way there's less incentive to use the top end monsters and it encourages people to find ways of making the most out of lower tier monsters, because even if teams made up of uber monsters win every match they can still easily have less total points than other teams that only win a few matches but have monsters that give them a point bonus.
#17LordTapirPosted 9/28/2011 9:41:09 AM
"Not necessarily, if there's a few strong monsters that have a lot of good points and very few weaknesses then it would just turn into dozens of teams with the same setup that annhilate everyone else then turn into "whoever gets lucky" to see who wins between them. This way there's less incentive to use the top end monsters and it encourages people to find ways of making the most out of lower tier monsters, because even if teams made up of uber monsters win every match they can still easily have less total points than other teams that only win a few matches but have monsters that give them a point bonus."

If there are some monsters in a given division that are "too strong" to get full credit for their wins, they need to add more divisions. It's just that simple.

This supposed solution sounds like a competitive fighting game tournament with a "if you pick this character, you need to win three out of five instead of two out of three to take the match" rule. Anybody into that sort of thing would recognize what an absurd and unacceptable situation this would be.
---
PSN: Megatapirus
"taste your wallet fro certain players" - EX zero 2
#18sfsuphysicsPosted 9/28/2011 10:02:57 AM
infinitexx posted...


Hrm, When I win all 5 using my rank X, this deduction does not seem to occur (as in I receive at minimum 20 points per win, with the one or two matches I got against people above me slightly over that). Maybe I just wasn't paying enough attention.


I agree, I haven't used Ruin in a while (trying for lower classes than Ultra Scout) but I'm pretty certain I had quite a few 100 point days with him. Unless the handicapping comes after the fact, or perhaps the next day.
#19KazamaArashi(Topic Creator)Posted 9/28/2011 10:03:32 AM
Some more stuff from the Wiki.

There are 5 classes in the WMC: Rookie, Scout, Super Scout, Mega Scout and Ultra Scout.
Classes are determined by the total amount of status points a team has. This includes skill points. Certain traits also greatly affect the class of a monster. Traits like Metal body can increase the class of a team despite the low amount of total points team has.

For Size 2 and 3 monsters, their status points are multiplied by their sizes. So if you have a Slime and a Green Dragon, Total status points = Sum of Slime Status Points + (Sum of Dragon Status Points x 2)

I'm not sure what traits affect the classes other than the example, Metal Body, given by the wiki. Also, the Wiki does not mention the thresholds that determines what makes player a Rookie, a Scout etc.
#20WaxfruitPosted 9/29/2011 12:09:59 AM
"If there are some monsters in a given division that are "too strong" to get full credit for their wins, they need to add more divisions. It's just that simple.

This supposed solution sounds like a competitive fighting game tournament with a "if you pick this character, you need to win three out of five instead of two out of three to take the match" rule. Anybody into that sort of thing would recognize what an absurd and unacceptable situation this would be."

As far as I know, in fighting game tournaments if one character has a clear advantage it's generally flat out banned (I.E. Akuma in SF series games), as those tournaments rely on the players themselves and the characters are not AI controlled. This is something completely different since the AI can usually be counted on to do something monumentally stupid and an uber monster like Ruin is all but guaranteed to come out on top in a battle of stupid AI vs stupid AI.