Sagittar Skillset

#1NintendoHombrePosted 10/24/2011 11:18:18 AM
So Im looking to build my first competitive Wifi Giant and although Giants may not be the best its a different way to do things.

I have my synth materials ready to go and need your help finalizing the skillset for my new Sagittar. The idea is to utilize Double trouble with Grand Slammer and Hit Squad to have a better chance of effecting the opponent with a status. Apparently this is popular in Japan but I cant seem to find Sagittar skillsets in general.

So far Im roughtly thinking for a base....

Champion (for Meditation and oomph)
HP Recovery (100 more HP a turn looks good but whats the best skillset to get this?)
Heartbreaker set (prolly the best attack he has to stun the opponent which one is best?)
Uber Attack Boost (gonna be attacking physically so makes sense to me)
Something with Comeback Kid (Which one is best for this sort of set.

Any advice would be greatly appreciated on what sets to choose and how far to increase each to avoid skills that counter the main concept.

Thanks
---
PS0 FC: 2922-9251-5594
Pokemon White FC: 0132-1428-5306
#2Odin_RuneheadPosted 10/24/2011 1:05:27 PM
http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/987442-dragon-quest-monsters-joker-2/60673968

Use the search bar to find older topics of us asking these very same questions :)
---
Herp the Derp
#3NintendoHombre(Topic Creator)Posted 10/24/2011 1:14:09 PM
Thanks,

I originally built this thread on the basis of that one. I just didnt find that one as conclusive as I would have liked so I was looking for some more opinions and options from those people as well as others that may have come on the board since then.
---
#4NintendoHombre(Topic Creator)Posted 10/28/2011 11:52:31 AM
Any sort of consensus on which heart breaker set is best?

Guerrilla and hive mind are pretty similar in spreading lots of different status.

Naturalist has hatchetman which can prove invaluable against all the metals on wifi.

Sadly I really only think there is room for only one because of how important uber attack, champion, a comeback kid set and possible hp/mp regeneration are.
---
#5LokarinPosted 10/28/2011 12:01:03 PM
Naturalist is the best inaction set in general, War Cry is critical in groups, Tongue Lashing superior to Heartbreaker in many situations. Guerilla is more for Balhib or general support.
---
"Salt cures Everything!"
GameDev Blog - http://lokarin.blogspot.com/
#6WaxfruitPosted 10/28/2011 12:06:45 PM
You may want to consider a set with Megaheal for rounds where you got hit with crits and are almost dead, and won't survive the next round with just one heal. I've had this happen several times where I've had a Sagittar on the ropes and the next round it does Meditate and Megaheal and is almost full.

If you want Steady Recovery you'll most likely have to toss in a ward skillset that has it.

Hive Mind seems to be the most popular Saggitar skillset for status effects.

I've found Comeback Kid to be unreliable at best, but Ruin is probably the best bet if you really want it as it gives the least amount of useless skills along with it.
#7WinabePosted 10/28/2011 12:32:25 PM
NintendoHombre posted...
Any sort of consensus on which heart breaker set is best?

Guerrilla and hive mind are pretty similar in spreading lots of different status.

Naturalist has hatchetman which can prove invaluable against all the metals on wifi.

Sadly I really only think there is room for only one because of how important uber attack, champion, a comeback kid set and possible hp/mp regeneration are.

You could run Healer for meditation and megaheal and Missing Lynx for oomph and comback kid. Then uber attack and guirilla/hive that gives you one leftover slot for the hp/mp regen of your choice
#8LordTapirPosted 10/28/2011 12:42:01 PM(edited)
I like:

Champion
Hive Mind
Naturalist
Uber Attack Boost
Paralysis Ward

Note: I don't like the Missing Lynx idea. The A.I. *loves* to spam multi-hit attacks and I think you'd see a lot of Thin Air and Cremate. These are very sub-optimal attacks for Sagittar! Luckily, Naturalist includes Mercurial Thrust, so you're not helpless against Wildcard without something like Cremate.
---
PSN: Megatapirus
"taste your wallet fro certain players" - EX zero 2
#9NintendoHombre(Topic Creator)Posted 10/28/2011 4:02:07 PM
I love the ideas!

The Missing Linx one definately came out of nowhere and I like it alot, but the idea of Sagittar potentially spamming Cremate scares me. It currently spams Wind Sheer all the time after having maxed out "Sagittar" (something Im really beginning to regret).

What are the odds of Comeback Kid activating? I have never seen it happen... but when it does itd obviously be broken. Maybe it really isnt worth bothering for....

I kinda sorta like the "Healer" idea as well to bust out both Megaheal and Meditation in the same turn to just laugh at the opponent. On this sort of set I think MP regeneration/Magic Scrooge would be better then HP Regeneration simply because after a Meditation+Megaheal youll be at full life and warrant the extra +100 useless.

Any other thoughts guys?
---
#10NintendoHombre(Topic Creator)Posted 10/28/2011 4:32:28 PM
Another Idea I just saw, kinda combining some things

Hive Mind (prolly best combination of status')
Uber Attack
Healer (Meditation+Megaheal)
Anti-Metal (Oomp+ Hatchetman)
Magic Scrooge/Mp regeneration

only thing this set lack is comeback kid... which the verdict seems to be out on whther or not its worth it.

can anything on here get around that auto counter trait???
---