Grand Theft Auto: Episodes from Liberty City FAQ V1.0

#1PS3_Owner29Posted 4/25/2010 11:31:27 AMmessage detail
Hello, and welcome to Grand Theft Auto: Episodes from Liberty City's PS3 board FAQ. This Guide is meant to answer questions asked regularly on this board to avoid confusion and flooding. Just a quick note: The guide will be formatted as a "Q" and "A" guide. This is where the question will be asked, followed by the answer.
Also, some quick, simple code I will be using in the guide:
GTA IV - Grand Theft Auto IV
EFLC - Episodes from Liberty City
TBOGT - The Ballad of Gay Tony

Now without further ado, lets get started!

Q: What is the difference between the disc and downloadable version of this game?

A: There are two major differences between the two versions: Hard drive space and radio content. The disc version takes up far less hard drive space, and doesn't have radio from the original GTA IV. It's only radio is content provided through the two episodes and three stations exclusive to the disc, meant to replace stations from GTA IV not present in EFLC. The downloadable version takes up far more hard drive space but has all music from GTA IV and the music added in TLAD and TBOGT. But it does not have the exclusive stations featured in EFLC. And of course, with the downloadable version, you can switch between Niko, Johnny, and Luis, wheras in the disc version, only Johnny and Luis are playable.

Q: Why does TLAD look so grainy?

A: What you are seeing is a noise filter. Odd name, but what it does is add a grainy texture to the screen. It can be turned off under "Display" in the pause menu. Just scroll down to Noise Filter and switch it to off.

Q: Can I keep my online rank from GTA IV?

A: Yes. While each episode features different online modes, your rank stays the same throughout. So for instance, if you were a rank five in GTA IV, once you start up online in TBOGT, you will still be a rank five. This goes the same for any of the three games.

Q: Can content from ____ be found in ___?

A: Replace the first blank with any of the three games and the second with either of the other two. Only radio and TV content can be found throughout all three games (unless of course you have the EFLC disc, which then only TLAD and TBOGT have each other's radio and TV content). The only content added in one DLC and found in another are a few bikes (the Double T, Bati Custom, and Hexer) and one weapon (the Grenade Launcher) added in TLAD and found in TBOGT. Everything else is exclusive to it's own game.

Q: Where can I store my vehicles?

A: While you only have two safehouses in TLAD and one in TBOGT, you can save your vehicles in any parking spot available. So, if you are playing TBOGT, you can still use Niko and Johnny's safehouse parking spaces. This results in a maximum of 16 vehicles being storable across Liberty City.

Q: How do I make money?

A: While missions will provide tens of thousands of dollars, they will eventually end, leaving you wondering how you will get a source of income. TLAD Gang Wars and TBOGT Drug Wars make the most amount of money in the respective games, around $10,000 each. They are endless and can be found across the city. In TBOGT, you can also gamble at the Fight Club. While you can make a large amount of money, it is a tedious process.

Q: What if I lose Johnny's custom bike in TLAD?

A: Johnny's bike is simply a Hexer. You can always call Clay for one and he will bring it to you. And while it won't necessarily be in the correct color scheme, you can respray it back to normal at a Pay 'N Spray. Also, if you reload the game, you can always find your Hexer with the correct paint job outside of whichever safehouse you are currently at.
#2PS3_Owner29(Topic Creator)Posted 4/25/2010 11:32:09 AMmessage detail
Q: Are there any hidden packages this time around, like the pigeons in GTA IV?

A: Yes. There are now 50 seagulls hidden around Liberty City. And each episode has different seagulls and different hiding spots. They are similar to pigeons and will probably get you a wanted level for shooting one. In TLAD, for killing all 50, you will be rewarded a custom Innovation bike outside your safehouse. In TBOGT, an APC will now spawn at Yusuf Amir's construction site in south Algonquin.

Q: Where can I find an Infernus?

A: In TLAD, an Infernus is used in one of Stubb's side missions. You can steal it, although the mission will fail and you will have to replay it. Besides that, the Infernus is not used in any missions. It is very rare that it will spawn around Star Junction if you are driving an NRG 900, Turismo, or Super GT, but this is not a reliable method for obtaining one. In TBOGT, the Infernus is a common car and will spawn in traffic normally, most commonly around central Algonquin at night time.

Q: What order should I play the three parts of the GTA IV series in?

A: While there is no set order, you should play them as R* released them and intended the player to experience them in; GTA IV, TLAD, TBOGT. But still, the choice is yours.

If you believe I missed something, post it here. If I update the guide, I'll add your question in if I believe it is fit to do so.

Please Sticky! We need an FAQ on this board!

Thank you for reading.
---
I'd rather be hated for who I am, than loved for who I am not. ~ Kurt Cobain
#3DivatoPosted 4/25/2010 12:00:26 PMmessage detail
Nice
---
Moose Power!
#4PS3_Owner29(Topic Creator)Posted 4/26/2010 3:20:05 AMmessage detail
Bump.
---
#5Dark_Myth00Posted 4/26/2010 3:52:44 AMmessage detail

This should keep some of those annoying elements from asking the same questions over and over again.

#6101TheBossPosted 4/26/2010 6:07:55 AMmessage detail
In TBOGT, the Infernus is a common car and will spawn in traffic normally, most commonly around central Algonquin at night time.

I tend to find it spawn around the golfclub area, and up the strip of M9.
---
PSN: iDon_1
#7101TheBossPosted 4/26/2010 6:15:33 AMmessage detail
: While there is no set order, you should play them as R* released them and intended the player to experience them in; GTA IV, TLAD, TBOGT. But still, the choice is yours.

Well, you could play them "The Trinity" way. But that's if the person would want to play it "canonically" exactly.
---
PSN: iDon_1
#8masterjedi343Posted 4/26/2010 1:43:29 PMmessage detail

Right maybe the question can be answered here so i don't take up any more board space. No more missions are showing up for either Billy or Jim. There should be at least one more for billy and two more for Jim but no luck. I don't have a HD tv, so the texts i recieve are all small and unreadable adding to my problem if they tell me something over text. I started a new game thinking I did something wrong, but after i did "It's war." no other B icon appeared.

I know i asked this in my own topic but this is a FAQ so eventually someone is going to come along asking the same question, so i'd like them to have the answer(if there is one) available to them.

#9PS3_Owner29(Topic Creator)Posted 4/26/2010 2:55:14 PMmessage detail
Are there other missions available? Because I believe there are Jim missions later on in the game, and maybe the last mission is Billy's? I don't remember.
---
#10S_S_D_DPosted 4/26/2010 6:20:52 PMmessage detail
Sticky requested. Nice work :)
---
I Survived The ApocalyPS3