Can you play this without the GTA4 disc?

#1HizukoPosted 5/8/2010 3:01:30 PM
I played and beat GTA4 about a year and a half ago and sold it, thinking I would never play it again. Now, I heard you could play the DLC if you didn't have GTA4. I downloaded TBoGT on PSN...and I don't see it in my games list. Did I screw up?
#2Switchflip33Posted 5/8/2010 5:32:23 PM
If you downloaded the individual episodes (TLaD, TBoGT) on PSN, then you need GTA IV to play them. Otherwise, you have to buy Episodes from Liberty City, which doesn't require GTA IV.
#3cobra187Posted 5/15/2010 6:53:44 AM
i downloaded this yesterday and realized quick you needed the disc. So i put the disc in and it said "gay tony data found would you like to play" so i hit yes.

I put the disc in later on that night, and instead it went straight to the original gta 4 and didnt ask me if i wanted to play gay tony again. so i got mad, took disc out, retried, same problem.
#4Da_Devil1Posted 5/29/2010 1:07:13 AM
When it automatically starts up gta 4 you need to go on "game" in the pause menu and then select new game and "The ballad of gay tony" :)
---
90% of teens would freak out if The Jonas Brothers were about to jump off a building, C&P this if you'd get popcorn and chant 'jump! jump! jump!'.
#5Julio_BrutalPosted 6/15/2010 2:22:44 PM

Have you tried to update the game?