Anyone lucky to get their copy from Zavvi yet?

#1CryingHeavenPosted 10/23/2010 7:26:36 AM
First time I'm using Zavvi and this will be my last.
I pre ordered this game a while back and yet it still says awaiting despatch. I sent them an email too yesterday morning about it yet got no reply.

I'm thinking of just cancelling my order and then getting it from a shop, rather than deal with those slow people at Zavvi.
#2JosserlipsPosted 10/23/2010 7:46:17 AM
If your in the UK use shopto.net. Cost 28 and arrived on thursday. Away to trade my copy in half an hour.
#3CryingHeaven(Topic Creator)Posted 10/23/2010 8:04:19 AM
More bad news, I just checked my bank account online and have noticed they took the money on the 21st even though they shipped nothing. Terrible service from Zavvi.

I'll try out shopto next time for future games.
#4JosserlipsPosted 10/23/2010 8:06:07 AM
this was my first time using them and i couldnt fault a thing. will be using from now on.
#5CryingHeaven(Topic Creator)Posted 10/23/2010 8:11:25 AM
Ok, cheers for the advice mate, I'll be using them next time aswell.
#6vandeaconPosted 10/23/2010 8:35:17 AM

cancelled my 35 zavvi order last night and bought it from asda (in store) for 37.

although zavvi are generally good, it can be hit and miss. ordered medal of honor last tuesday morning, it was posted tuesday afternoon and delivered thursday morning. wouldn't rely on them though if you need something posted before a certain date (e.g. a last minute birthday present).

#7WingZero0782Posted 10/23/2010 10:10:16 AM
I ordered it from Zavvi cos I want the Limited Edition Figurine.
---
Currently Playing: who the **** cares.
#8temgunPosted 10/23/2010 12:50:34 PM
Not yet, I know I won't be pre-ordering anything from the anymore. I pre-ordered the regular edition. Then I read that their pre-orders are slow, so I cancelled my order four days before the release date and ordered a steelbook edition. The steelbook edition was sent on Wednesday. Then I got an e-mail on Thursday saying that the cancellation of my zavvi order can't be cancelled because it is already awaiting for despatch and they sent it as late as Friday. So I'll get two copies of Vanquish next week, great. Zavvi is an excellent site when you order anything that is in stock, but for pre-orders they're too slow.
---
Take a moment to read this sig. You have now wasted two seconds of your life for nothing.
#9WingZero0782Posted 10/23/2010 12:57:03 PM
Return the copy to Zavvi when it arrives.

I too have ordered a steel book version, I'm gonna sell the copy that comes with the LE.
---
Currently Playing: who the **** cares.
#10temgunPosted 10/23/2010 1:03:46 PM
I think I'm just going to sell it and possibly make some profit, keeping the 3D case of course. It took a month for them to pay me back when I returned a game once.
---
Take a moment to read this sig. You have now wasted two seconds of your life for nothing.