#51MrStarkillerPosted 5/27/2011 11:21:55 AM
Jester: >should be good at his 'job'
Guilty.

>you would think
And you would be wrong. So very wrong.

>not a nerd
>buys stupid old vidya 'art'
Delightful.

Please also note that he isn't fat and doesn't move like Rufus. His brand of humor isn't, in fact, crude and pathetic. The man is clearly putting on some manner of elaborate joke in playing poorly and using an exhaustive list of quotable recurring complaints of increasing absurdity.

NOTE: I 'dropped' his Witcher 2 playthrough on part 1 only to hear it was brutally difficulty and lacking in the tutorial department...which prompted me to pick the run back up to watch him suffer. I regret nothing.

>all day to play games
>plays more than I did in my prime
Oh wow.

>Afro Samurai
I...didn't even realize he had done such a run.

>laugh or cry
Why not both?

NOTE: Didn't he used to quit games A LOT back then? Pity he won't play games with a reputation. Ninja Gaiden, DMC, God Hand, Demon's Souls, etc.

I just realized his fat ass had more possibly amusing playthroughs in the old accounts. Seeing him playing a MegaMan might be fun.

Raeng: >actually said that
I don't even need a citation to believe that noise.

>challenge 6
I'd rather see him deal with CHEAP INSTANT DEATH (God Hard), though having no checkpoints against such a wide variety of foes is appealing too.
#52JesterSeesAllPosted 5/27/2011 12:02:50 PM
His reasons for not playing games like Demon Souls is that he has so little time to do so since he's constantly doing other play throughs. Yes, coming from the guy who said he doesn't have time to sit around and play games all day....curious. His other reason is that people want to see the latest games not old dated ones that "nobody cares about."

I watched a couple of his video diary type videos also....yeahhhhhhh. It truly is amazing, I'm not sure if he's delusional, trolling, or just a pathological liar. He was claiming in one entry that he couldn't participate at said tournament because of the pain he had in his arm, another one he said he said he had a cold, and the list goes on. Best part is he seems to constantly boast that he doesn't care what the haters say or think about his skills, yet he avoids confrontation on as many fronts as possible in said areas. I think his internet persona is what he wishes he could be, a witty and skilled player who has skin tougher than a rhino....in other words the complete opposite of how he actually is. This guy would be putty in a psychiatrist's hands.
---
Street Fighter 4 is the hardest fighting game to establish your own unique style in - Daigo Umehara
#53Raeng(Topic Creator)Posted 5/27/2011 12:25:13 PM
Afro Samurai makes me cry tears of laughter. It's so much fun to see him jump around like a child in pure rage "I CANT HIT IT". It's so much fun xD Must be said btw, that song during that Samurai part is freakn epic.
"SHTTY SHTTY SHTTY " cry moar! Oh man I laughed so hard!

I think that Challenge 6 will be more of a challenge btw. Since he'd have to redo EVERYTHING. I can see it now, by sheer luck he reaches Round5 only to die and do it all over again. That commentary would be pure gold.

About Demon's Souls. For a long time the highest rated comments on all his video's were "do Demon's Souls" untill he started blocking them. It's the most requested let's play he has and he has like 4 copies from what I know, all gifts from fans. He just refuses to play it because he knows....he knows he won't make it through the first stage (has any of you played Demon's Souls actually?)

"It truly is amazing, I'm not sure if he's delusional, trolling, or just a pathological liar. He was claiming in one entry that he couldn't participate at said tournament because of the pain he had in his arm, another one he said he said he had a cold, and the list goes on. Best part is he seems to constantly boast that he doesn't care what the haters say or think about his skills, yet he avoids confrontation on as many fronts as possible in said areas. I think his internet persona is what he wishes he could be, a witty and skilled player who has skin tougher than a rhino....in other words the complete opposite of how he actually is. This guy would be putty in a psychiatrist's hands."

^So true. The internet lets us be people we arent. Except for him because he'll actually meet people in real life. I like how he always portrays that he plays a 'character' when ranting like this. Like the Angry Video Game Nerd. Even though he does it in real life as well. Great stuff.

Oh man i'm still watching the Samurai video's. This is the best video in his library, paired with him losing to that flowchart Ken with the 30 second timer.

One thing I never understood btw, is that he says he had a backinjury which is why he has to sit alot. I have had backinjurys also (have had a hernia for example) and thus have to carefully maintain my back .. and the one thing I learned is that sitting is the WORSTE thing for your back....sitting for longer then an hour is just bad for me. So i'm calling bs on that excuse of him.
---
PSN: Royta15
www.haskeroneverything.blogspot.com
#54SBK91Posted 5/27/2011 2:32:40 PM
Pity he won't play games with a reputation. Ninja Gaiden, DMC, God Hand, Demon's Souls, etc.

Now now, don't want to kill the poor guy.
#55JesterSeesAllPosted 5/27/2011 5:53:50 PM
Hahahaha, more comedy gold raging. Over 40 minutes stuck on 1 Challenge Tower mission. Watch this "tournament" caliber player lose to the MK AI over and over again. The game apparently cheats, lags offline, and has some sort of personal vendetta against Phil but nobody else.

"I pressed the button and nothing came out!!!!".....riiiiight Phil.

http://www.youtube.com/user/DSPStreetFighter?blend=1&ob=5#p/u/47/_kM2hR54HBg

http://www.youtube.com/user/DSPStreetFighter?blend=1&ob=5#p/u/46/SdBTGsgoXYg

http://www.youtube.com/user/DSPStreetFighter?blend=1&ob=5#p/u/45/xhxn5rIMqvU

http://www.youtube.com/user/DSPStreetFighter?blend=1&ob=5#p/u/44/tsruaFEvl7Y
---
Street Fighter 4 is the hardest fighting game to establish your own unique style in - Daigo Umehara
#56MrStarkillerPosted 5/27/2011 9:21:19 PM
Jester: >reason
>too little time
>not noting his intimidation
I'd have expected claims that it wouldn't draw much attention or some such ****, but honestly...all that boy has is time. He even had a HUGE opening while whining about PSN being down.

>latest games
>talk of DSPretro
>sizable viewing/reviewing of OLDER runs rather than some new runs
Hmmm.

>video diaries
WHY U DO DIS?

>delusional
Quite possible.

>trolling
Him? He has not the wit for it.

>liar
I don't rule it out. Is it lying if he believe it himself? Perhaps just the first trike applies.

>pain
Riveting.

>haters
That's such lame terminology. That and 'scrubs' as he applies it.

>doesn't care
Clearly the truth has been more than clearly revealed as contrary to the statements he would give on the matter. Nevermind his buttfrustration about little matters (Ex: Why so fat, brah?).

>persona
>witty and skilled
It's certainly an act, but not a believable one beyond his Cena-esque fanbase. Some other parts of that 'base' are more like myself in enjoying his tears, various nonsense, horrible gameplay (so bad it is good *sometimes*), various quotables (CHEAP INSTANT DEATH! *gets hit 10 times in a row while not blocking at all), etc.

>thick skin
Oh he does...just not in the sense he desires...

>MK tower
I watched them all already. He breezed through the 3x Shao Kahn bit (easy to begin with), but struggled with some seemingly simple bouts (tilting perspective seemed to really anger him).

>offline lag
Stay classy.

>cheats
Fighters are known to pull funny business, but one just has to learn to DEAL WITH IT. It IS the AI afterall...

I liked how he seemed to believe that his noting how he hadn't been attecked from behind yet in Witcher 2 early on was punctuated by many arrows clobbering him (then he claimed the game heard him). I believe the term for this in psychology was "magical thinking".

Raeng: >Afro Samurai
Sort of reminds me of Ninja Gaiden's platforming (lightly mixed with PoP). Watching him play the series I take a shine to can be painful if he gets around to his usual casual dismissal of good weapons and using 'lesser' cases...ineffectively (for the whole run). Again, I reference Kulshedra spamming of punch, punch, punch...

>Challenge 6
You sure he could reach it at all? He might get trapped up by Challenge 4. Concerning God Hard, his aversion to instant death, huge recovery downtime (for the ARS and health), no upgrades, less rockets, extra hard set-ups, etc. would surely grind him to bits about as well as Challenge 6's notable lack of checkpoints.

>blocking comments about games he didn't want to be challenged into playing
Delightful.

>played Demon's Souls
I had interest pre-release, but far too much run work (and I was steady back then). I waited a long time and finally watched a speedrun. When I saw it was more akin to RPG types (with hints of survival/horror), I lost a good amount of interest despite liking a lot about it otherwise. If what is said about PSN owing us a game rings true, I might see about getting it to shelve along with NGS/NGS2. I still need to get back to Infamous 1 (I had run plans for melee only). Lots of fun run options for that title. Focus runs anyway.

>character
Curious. My manner of speech is precisely how I would/do speak. The issue with speaking as such is that I can't dress up the words as carefully as such constructions can be online (in typed form). There's less time, you can get more distracted, interuptions factor more (back-and-forth dialogue), I don't like discussions with more than one person (concerning oral communication anyway), etc. It's much harder to do things in 'real time'. This even extends to chat. I avoid that as well. Even if it didn't apply, I have a dislike of such things anyway.

>bs excuse
It might also be that he's an idiot (or willfully ignoring better options in favor of his career/preference to sit). Who knows. Maybe he likes painkillers. Could all just be a lie.

SBK: >God Hand
>don't want to kill the poor guy
Oh, but how sweet it would be...especially if he couldn't figure out what it takes to remove the KMS and had to contend with it even on Easy Mode (which I'm sure he'd resort to if he ever somehow got stuck with it *it won't happen*). Random demon would spell his doom early on.

~Now to waste my time capturing "War" and a "Unicorn" before doing Undead Hunter challenges for a silly cousin (one time removed)...then he'll finally stop calling my cell all day asking for help (I should hope). I get enough of that from his father with regards to technical support (between the father and his Singles.net adventures and the son's downloading of what he thinks to be online games...so many viruses)
#57Raeng(Topic Creator)Posted 6/5/2011 1:32:55 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KCent_2q7ZE&feature=channel_video_title

Just saying. This video made my cry of laughter. Just imagine DSP being an ingame enemy..
---
#58MrStarkillerPosted 6/5/2011 10:17:22 PM
So many delightful, quotable tidbits.

~Still working through his newer runs. Should be amusing to see him squirm away from "Dark Souls" (he'll never play Demon's Souls). Also, NG3.
#59Raeng(Topic Creator)Posted 6/5/2011 10:35:45 PM
If he's going to play Dark Souls, i'll make it my lifes mission to invade him every minute and totally destroy him. That would be so much fun.
---
#60MrStarkillerPosted 6/7/2011 7:41:29 PM
>invasion
Ah, yes. I hadn't considered that. Though, he might enlist 'fan' aid. I forget which color was on your side and which was trying to kill you. Somewhat unlikely a skilled player would side with him. So double the griefing to be had as it were. Early players would be perhaps more subject to misleading 'blood' messages too I should think.

Him playing Dark Souls is still a long shot even if there was heavy demand for Demon's Souls and this sequel will be 'relevant' (much more so than some of the crap he busied himself with *Ex: Thor*).

Don't get your hopes up. It's a long shot. Though...with how NG3's shaping up...it might actually become casual enough that his 'I only play Normal' antics could finally payoff and he can say, "I played a Ninja Gaiden game and it wasn't that tough.". SHAMEFUR DISPRAY

Watching him get a right-thrashing in Witcher 2 tends to be amusing. He finally got rid of his last excuse for his performance (wireless set-up *WHY DO THIS FOR PC VIDYA?*). Now it's all on him. He got pounded by the 'kingslayer' for about 5 videos straight. Mostly due to poor performance in combination with using low level crap (apparently). He brought it on himself.